Dynadot

Official 2,000th Member Contest Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Official 2000th Member Contest Thread

Hi, Everybody Namepros is growing very rapidly and already we are nearing the 2000th member mark. In celebration of this big event Coolhost and RJ have handed the reins to the traditional money pot for the person who correctly quess's the date that the 2000th member joins. I have listed all the rules below. Also please donate to help make this a large pot for the winner, but donations arent required:)

-NO BIDS accepted after the 1,800 Member has Joined.

-Only one person per day.

-You can change you date up until the 1,800th member.

-All Donations should be marked as DONATION in header so I can track them, I will list them as I recieve them. (PS: send them to my account)

-Moderators and Myself are allowed to enter, but in post form so that our Timestamps are official.

-The person with the correct day gets the entire pot, if no one selects that day then the person(s) closest to that day will get the pot.

CURRENT DONATIONS:
(50 NP) - Darkfire001
(170 NP) - SY4
(25 NP) - Darksk8er
(100 NP) - Slashroot
(385 NP) - Coolhost
(50 NP) - Cindy
(20 NP) - Coastalguy
(200 NP) - RJ
(100 NP) - Webtwink
(11 NP) - Mike J.

TOTAL OF: 1111 NP

CURRENT ESTIMATES:
September 9th - Cindy
September 11th - SY4
September 15th - Darksk8er
September 16th - Dotleader
September 18th - Dr. Pepper
September 19th - Coastalguy
September 20th - RJ
September 22nd - hillj00
September 23rd - Slashroot
September 24th - Darkfire001
September 25th - Gromy
September 26th - Mike J.
September 27th - Webtwink
September 28th - Coolhost
September 29th - Pixel-Gfx

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
60 people in 2 days.. that seems easy enough. Just get to advertising ;)

•••
Originally posted by Coastalguy

Oh yeah...I don't have 40 friends!

Tell your neigbors :D

•••
•••
Whoa...wow....amazing

Know what else is amazing? You still haven't updated the list. Maybe we need someone who knows how to do, to do it.

•••
1955 Members, And you could have just asked nicely for me to do it today instead of being rude about it.

•••
•••
Originally posted by MikeJM
Whoa...wow....amazing

Know what else is amazing? You still haven't updated the list. Maybe we need someone who knows how to do, to do it.

Come-On... Play nice

•••
•••
"Members: 1,958" D-:

Darkfire, I have asked nicely ... please update at this time with the *final* "Official" list, and with having double-checked the ones above that were mentioned.
Thanks much.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Coolhost, Mike J. Etc..

I ALREADY UPDATED THE LIST lol, I updated the list when he last posted. I added Dr.Pepper's and Mike. J's dates like asked and confirmed that they met the deadline.

And CH, I was talking to Mike J. about this comment:

"Whoa...wow....amazing

Know what else is amazing? You still haven't updated the list. Maybe we need someone who knows how to do, to do it."

Its not like I was getting anything out of this, all NP went into the pot, and I was just trying to help out since I know most of the mods are really busy keeping NP clean, so no need for anyone to get upset.

•••
how

how come my date is not up there?

•••
Originally posted by Darkfire001
TOTAL OF: 1111 NP$'s

CURRENT ESTIMATES:
September 19th - Coastalguy
September 20th - RJ
September 22nd - hillj00
September 25th - Gromy
September 26th - Mike J.

Above is the "updated" List from Darkfire's original post, and reflecting the possible entries left remaining for this cool competition ... I appreciate your update here. It was my bad for not going back and checking the first post, for which I apologize Darkfire. I had received numerous PM's upon my return from being off the site y'day, and was just looking for a quick update to make sure we're all on the same page here. This has been a *BLAST* here watching it, taking part in the thread, and following it ... so no one is upset, and I'm sorry for any confusion from my post. You're doing a fine job, and we really appreciate the efforts here! No worries.
PS. 200 NP$'s en route for the "administration" of the Contest, and Good Luck to all from here on out ... it's gunna be a real "nail-biter", IMHO. D-:
Have a great domain Friday night.
-Jeff B-)

PPS. "Members: 1,959" :laugh:

•••
well how come my name is not in there, but in donations it shows up?

•••
Originally posted by Webtwink
well how come my name is not in there, but in donations it shows up?

Because you are special. :lol:

Relax! I'll vouch for you that you had placed a bid for Sept 1, 2004!

In case you have forgotten, thanks to Verislime, it's the Typo season after all!

Last edited:
•••
Its not like I was getting anything out of this, all NP went into the pot, and I was just trying to help out since I know most of the mods are really busy keeping NP clean, so no need for anyone to get upset.

Agreed, let's cut Darkfire some slack here. We have all the posts archived here with timestamps, so no one's going to get cheated.

•••
Darkfire001,

It's nice of you to help out, I am sure everyone appreciates it.

It's a communications thing. At times words posted at fora appear harsher than the poster might have imagined.

I bet it's all Verilsime's fault. Had they had not caused so much of heart-burn to everyone by their blatant typo-squatting, things would have been calmer. ;)

Let's not forget these competitons are supposed to be fun for everyone -including the nice chap that volunteered to help lineup these unruly ducks.

Slashroot.Com

•••
Yah, good job Darkfire001!

ps (any chance of slipping me into the 21st slot since nobody else wanted it?) :hehe:

ST

•••
Thanks for the support, actually CH I think this is the correct remaining entries since Webtwink had a date too:

September 20th - RJ
September 22nd - hillj00
September 25th - Gromy
September 26th - Mike J.

•••
Thanks for the support, actually CH I think this is the correct remaining entries since Webtwink had a date too:

September 20th - RJ
September 22nd - hillj00
September 25th - Gromy
September 26th - Mike J.

Excellent!
Thanks. :)

"Members: 1,962" :o

•••
Ok, I was going to say something sooner, but I decided to wait since at that time the list of entries hadn't been updated since August 30th. Then I wasn't going to say anything at all because I didn't think I'd win. Now I see the entries were updated and there's talk of people trying to "take" the September 21st date "since nobody else wanted it"... I had that date and nobody seems to have noticed! Please check the posts. Mine is on the third page of this thread posted on August 30th at 2:35 AM. Please check on this for me.
Thanks,
Cindy

•••
Cindy: My "take" was only a joke, thus the hehe!
Maybe we need a "Just joking" smilie at NamePros.

Good-luck. You stand a very good chance.

ST

Last edited:
•••
Nah, entries are as is. I believe (And will verify if necessary) that somewhere I said something like if it doesnt land on any persons specific date then it goes to the closest person(s) as necessary.

•••
Originally posted by Light
Hi,
I'd like to take September 21st. I may donate some NP$ later.

Above posted on 8/30. :o
Please confirm.
Thanks.

"Members: 1,977" D-:

•••
Looking like the 21st is toast.
Next up the 22nd!

Good-luck!
ST

•••
Yes, it appears that the 21st is toast and the next week is basically taken so our winner should be apparent soon :) The 23rd and 24th are looking good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back