Dynadot

advice 15k offer received for io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

monotheist

Established Member
Impact
156
Received 15k offer for m/e/t/a/s/k/y.io Should I negotiate or wait for better offers?
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Take the money and run quick so he can't find you.
 
22
•••
It's worth trying to negotiate, especially if you believe the domain has more value. However, if negotiations don't pan out, taking the $15k could be a wise move. It's a decent offer, and sometimes it's better to seize the opportunity rather than holding out for potentially better offers that may never materialize.
 
0
•••
1
•••
Last edited:
3
•••
sell and reinvest in .com or more premium domains.
 
4
•••
That’s a lifetime offer for that domain
Take it
 
1
•••
Sell it before the buyer changes his mind. It's the best offer for that domain.
I missed one last week because of that confusion.
 
1
•••
Agree. Take it before the buyer changes his mind. Additionally, you may want to take the domain name out of here so that they don't see this conversation. Just to be safe than be sorry.
 
1
•••
I would strongly also suggest you to remove the domain name from this conversation.
 
0
•••
1
•••
0
•••
I know anything 'meta' is all the hype but you definitely got a good offer here. I would probably take it.

Also like Jannes said it does look like the MetaSky business is making an upgrade from the .me TLD.

If you're doubtful about the $15K you could do a background check on the estimated revenue of the MetaSky business.
If its revenue is high compared to the offered sum ($250k+ annual) or if the business recently received major investment then you could try your luck and negotiate a higher price. (I'm talking X invested $X dollar amount in venture capital news articles etc.)

It's much like a game where you can bluff and gain or raise and lose.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I would take the offer. Most likely you will never receive another inquiry for this domain again.
 
1
•••
2
•••
You should take it and invest in some nice .com's, and towards renewals. That is a rather amazing .io but still a $15K sale of a .io that is two words (well if you consider meta a word) is rare and your unlikely to get them to pay more or see a higher offer.
 
1
•••
The advice as below πŸ‘‡

1708376913509.jpeg

.
 

Attachments

  • 1708376880686.jpeg
    1708376880686.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 18
1
•••
1k is also enough to take it...
 
1
•••
1
•••
Just like in any negotiation, knowing one's best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA) is key. For instance, if the domain remains unsold and the potential buyer loses interest, it's essential for you to evaluate the potential outcomes. If the domain's sale is crucial for meeting financial obligations or presents a significant opportunity, accepting the offer may be the prudent choice.

On the other hand, if the domain's sale is not an immediate necessity and there are no pressing financial concerns, there may be room to explore other options or potential buyers in the future.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
o man if dat a hand reggae, just say yes and then clench all your muscles for 3 days until he sends the cash. Then send the domain.

Then laugh in histeria.
 
1
•••
o man if dat a hand reggae, just say yes and then clench all your muscles for 3 days until he sends the cash. Then send the domain.

Then laugh in histeria.
... and use a service like escrow.com.
 
1
•••
Take the money and run quick so he can't find you.
I couldn't agree more.
Quick win in hard times.

Chances to sell are not that good these days, and 15k is 15k, so take it and don't regret it if it's a globally known future X company.

Don't be greedy :)
Could you take it? Enjoy
 
2
•••
No updates from OP = a certification needed? :xf.laugh:
 
2
•••
Another troll thread to promote his name? He did not provide evidence of any offer haha
 
Last edited:
1
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back