Dynadot

analysis Novelty VS Cashflow. Reducing your listing price & accepting offers..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alienbaba

Escaped AREA 51Established Member
Impact
Unpopular opinion, but I was wondering why many domainers are stuck on the novelty of making one large 5 or 6 figure sale in a year for a "premium domain", than multiple 3-4 figure sales which when you add it up could surpass the sale price of your 5 figure domain. If you have a portfolio of 10 premium dictionary words then it's a different scenario..

For example, I'll use Mike Mann as a reference point. He owns approximately 350,000 domains & in 2018 his public sales were about $915,000. I assume a large percentage of his unsold domains which are priced at 5 figures would be getting 4 figure offers. I don't know his numbers, but let's say in 1 year out of his 350,000 domains, he decides to sell 10,000 of his 5 figure domains which have offers for a fraction of their current listing price at $1000-$5000, that would be $10-50 million in revenue. Based on what we know about his sales, it would take 10-50 years to do those numbers. Also consider the renewal fees are in the millions, so it's not as if it's fairly profitable to be HODLING..

I see lots of threads of people rejecting offers which made no sense & it had me on edge lol. Like if within your portfolio you have 100 domains all listed at $25,000 and have 100 pending offers for each at $4000-7000, why not sell all within a year and walk away with a guaranteed $700,000 instead of being hopeful of catching a big fish? If you are lucky you may sell 2 of those domains at that price in a year & get $50,000. There's a lot of hopefulness in this industry I guess. Well I guess I'm looking at it from too much of a flipper's perspective..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back