IT.COM

guide Recieved an offer less than an hr after I hand registed it today..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ShowMeDomains

Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiastsTop Member
Impact
A big "buzz phrase" currently is,
PositiveSchoolCulture, which i registered today.

While I was waiting for my new domains to be added to Sedo I also listed them at Dan()com.

(Still haven't had a chance to switch Name servers to Dan name servers yet).

less than an hr later I received a low ball offer of $99.

I was able to figure out who the offer came from and its the CEO of a very nice looking Web development/Services, CRM etc Company.

I just wanted to share the steps I took to track down who the offer came from and how I responded to his offer based on the information I was able to collect on him.

I'm sure for many of you this is common knowledge so this is more geared toward the newer domain investors.

His dan profile name was his first and last name with middle initial.

I Searched that on whoxy.com, got a hit on his name and reviewed the domains registered to his name.

In reviewing his portfolio, I saw the geographic location for the the registered owner of the listed
domains, which matched his Linkedin personal profile location.

His personal linkedin profile, listed him as the CEO of his company, which is a web Development company.

I reviewed his companies website to see the types of clients there were in his portfolio and location of the business.

Concluded that this is for sure, the person who made the offer.

Note: His name is a very common name and there were a couple times i thought i had the right person but needed to be certain which is why you always want to be thorough in this.

His Geo location was not a very common area too, which helped confirm he was the correct person.

So now back to the offer, I know who he is now and have a pretty good idea of his spending potential.

My Response to $99 offer on my less than 1 hr old domain:

I thanked him for the offer, declined it and politely said,
"I'm sure with your knowledgeable background in seo & web dev and also being the CEO of a successful website dev company,( named his actual company name), that you're aware that's not a serious offer for this domain."

I then complimented his companies online portfolio, (again, using the actual company name), and said if you'd care to make a serious offer in the future please feel free.

Then I messaged him on Linkedin letting him know i just replied to his offer on Dan.com and thanked him again.

I just thought I'd share for all the folks that bash hand regs and also for all the people that do hand regs.

If you do your homework, and read A LOT on future market trends for various industries, tech, education, health, etc., there are plenty of available key word rich, exact match domains yet to be registered.

Honestly I could care less that it was a low ball offer, it just feels good when your research and efforts are validated.

The sales will come.

Happy Hunting everyone.

Mike

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A big "buzz phrase" currently is Positive School Culture, which i registered today.

While I was waiting for my new domains to be added to Sedo I also listed them at Dan()com.

(Still haven't had a chance to switch Name servers to Dan name servers yet).

less than an hr later I received a low ball offer of $99.

I was able to figure out who the offer came from and its the CEO of a very nice looking Web development/Services, CRM etc Company.

I just wanted to share the steps I took to track down who the offer came from and how I responded to his offer based on the information I was able to collect on him.

I'm sure for many of you this is common knowledge so this is more geared toward the newer domain investors.

His dan profile name was his first and last name with middle initial.

I Searched that on whoxy.com, got a hit on his name and reviewed the domains registered to his name.

In reviewing his portfolio, I saw the geographic location for the the registered owner of the listed
domains, which matched his Linkedin personal profile location.

His personal linkedin profile, listed him as the CEO of his company, which is a web Development company.

I reviewed his companies website to see the types of clients there were in his portfolio and location of the business.

Concluded that this is for sure, the person who made the offer.

Note: His name is a very common name and there were a couple times i thought i had the right person but needed to be certain which is why you always want to be thorough in this.

His Geo location was not a very common area too, which helped confirm he was the correct person.

So now back to the offer, I know who he is now and have a pretty good idea of his spending potential.

My Response to $99 offer on my less than 1 hr old domain:

"I'm sure with your knowledgeable background in seo & web dev and also being the CEO of a successful website dev company,( named his actual company name), that you're aware that's not a serious offer for this domain."

I then complimented his companies online portfolio, (again, using the actual company name), and said if you'd care to make a serious offer in the future please feel free.

Then I messaged him on Linkedin letting him know i just replied to his offer on Dan.com and thanked him again.

I just thought I'd share for all the folks that bash hand regs and also for all the people that do hand regs.

If you do your homework, and read A LOT on future market trends for various industries, tech, education, health, etc., there are plenty of available key word rich, exact match domains yet to be registered.

Honestly I could care less that it was a low ball offer, it just feels good when your research and efforts are validated.

The sales will come.

Happy Hunting everyone.

Mike

Congrats

•••
buzzphrase.com? kindly please share the name? thnx

•••
Last edited:
•••
First sentence, in red.
I should have said in the education arena it’s a “buzz phrase”
okay. np. it's hard for me 🤔 I'm not a native speaker. anyway congratulations.

•••

Hi

after you thanked him and declined the offer....
all the rest seemed like overkill and unnecessary

but maybe that's just me

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
You seemed a bit harsh in your response to his inquiry.
Rather than bash the guy you could have kindly counter offered at around $200 to $300 and probably have gotten a x20 to x30 profit on your hand reg investment all within an hour.

•••
Hi

after you thanked him and declined the offer....
all the rest seemed like overkill and unnecessary

but maybe that's just me

Good Luck!

imo...
I felt the same too

•••
Thanks for the story. It helps :)

•••
And the story goes on... 2hours later you registered the domain name in all available extensions. :ROFL: j/k

•••
Congrats on the rapid offer, Mike, which is definitely encouraging.
Also, thank you very much for sharing the technique of tracking down information on who the offer is from.
I personally would have kept the declining note short, simply indicating something about your expectations and value, but I hope disclosing that you knew his identity will work out and you will make a big sale.
Thanks again for sharing with us. Fingers crossed it will be a big sale you can tell us about soon.
Bob

•••
Buzz phrases come and go unfortunately. But hey you never know Good luck!

•••
Well it couldn’t have been too harsh. Lol
C7890FFA-4897-4BBB-AEF2-1E8259D60E03.jpeg

•••
And the story goes on... 2hours later you registered the domain name in all available extensions. :ROFL: j/k
Negative ghost rider, good one..

•••
Running on a couple hrs sleep, perhaps my paraphrasing was a bit off. Here’s what I sent him.
4E38DB05-A273-46DB-B75C-0361726DEE9D.jpeg

•••
•••
Congrats on the rapid offer, Mike, which is definitely encouraging.
Also, thank you very much for sharing the technique of tracking down information on who the offer is from.
I personally would have kept the declining note short, simply indicating something about your expectations and value, but I hope disclosing that you knew his identity will work out and you will make a big sale.
Thanks again for sharing with us. Fingers crossed it will be a big sale you can tell us about soon.
Bob
Thank you Bob, and I would like to nominate you for the most positive and friendly member on NamePros. 🏆
Really though, appreciate your kind words.
Mike

•••
Negative ghost rider, good one..

You didn't blur out the end user's name and their company name properly. The domain name is mentioned and you also gave his name out without recourse to privacy.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It was just an offer, maybe his offer was made to encourage a new domainer. After kindly declining the offer, like Biggie said, I believe stalking him on Linkedin, Facebook and whatsapp will only have negative consequences imo....

•••
First sentence, in red.
I should have said in the education arena it’s a “buzz phrase”
I have owned SpecificLearningDisability.com and OtherHealthImpairment.com Clearly SLD and OHI are better names for those categories, but 3 letter domains aren't falling off trees at the moment!
Culture and social emotional learning, aka executive functioning are all huge buzz words in education. I think we will see things educationally speaking take another step towards virtual learning or realities;) VrGrammar dot com will be dropped soon by me if you want to catch it. Could you imagine being able to learn grammar via VR? I think conceptual understanding would grow tremendously . . . we could all understand that what is yours is yours, and what is mine is mine . . . not mines;)

•••
Thank you Bob, and I would like to nominate you for the most positive and friendly member on NamePros. 🏆
Really though, appreciate your kind words.
Mike

Hi

now I know where you head is.

imo..

•••
Well it couldn’t have been too harsh. LolShow attachment 151158
It was just an offer, maybe his offer was made to encourage a new domainer. After kindly declining the offer, like Biggie said, I believe stalking him on Linkedin, Facebook and whatsapp will only have negative consequences imo....[/QUOTE
“Negative consequences”? Lol
He replied asking me what a serious offer would be and we’re still discussing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back