NameSilo

My Biggest Sale Yet - $24.5k

Labeled as sales in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by NameBuyer.com, Mar 22, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

Congratulations pretty amazing in times like these! That will go a long way. Thank you for sharing this with us and the extra info.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Meldy Edwin

Meldy Edwin Established Member

Motivational post... Thank you for sharing

3. sharastar

sharastar Established Member

@NameBuyer.com Congrats on your good 5 Figure Sale of Plan to Grow Domain.

Thanks for reporting this big sale and giving us Inspiration.

Blessing you with more 5 Figure Sales and all the best to achieve your target of $250K this year.

4. E-Thunder

E-Thunder Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Same question here if you’re able to share.

5. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

Had to be be BIN based on Rick advice,

Or $1,000 offer declined and stood firm $24.5K. Think should likely be BIN!

If you countered five-figure offers, it'd be the bravest thing, ever seen any do.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  6. NameBuyer.com

NameBuyer.com Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks! I didn't have a buyer in mind for this domain, but the term was a popular one and I sometimes register phrases if they have widespread use or if they can be applied to multiple industries. My normal requirements for buying a name would be a good name for either a SAAS company, branding/marketing company, online store selling products, good name for a brick and mortar store or an organization/non-profit "cause" that people are passionate about, or at the very minimum, a good name for a marketing campaign.

My secondary requirement is that I need to be able to envision it being used by at least one solid business model. In this case I figured it could be used for personal/business growth, marketing campaigns for a company, or cannabis related.

Often times I get the final use completely wrong. Below are some of my notable ones I can think of:

Domain My Predicted Use Actual Use After Sale
    GreatTogether // com Dating Site Heineken beer commercials promoting European soccer and Heineken being "great together"
    HoodClips // com Hold Downs for Car Hoods Video Clips from the "hood" with 11.2 million instagram followers
    Fluux // com Tech Company JUUL recharger that is a phone case

7. NameBuyer.com

In this case it was a BIN sale. Just got the email from Afternic, which was a complete surprise! (y)

8. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

Thanks for sharing @Namebuyer

Do you list some domains on brandable marketplaces or only on Afternic?

Do you promote your domains?

9. thekiller

thekiller Top Contributor VIP

Congratulations and Thank you @NameBuyer.com for sharing this. Would you mind sharing some details like was it parked with Afternic and if FAST transfer was enabled?

10. NameBuyer.com

Currently I have landers at my BetterNames // com site (soon to be switched to our new public marketplace). I also list all the domains on Afternic using the "premium network" option so they are listed at every registrar.

I don't do any type of domain promotion. I only wait for inbound now. I tried doing outbound 1-2 years ago and contacted 100+ businesses with 1-2 mid $xxx sales. In my opinion it is way too much work and your negotiating position is much weaker. Some people are good at it and that's great, and for the right name at the right time you may get a decent sale, but it wasn't for me.

11. NameBuyer.com

Parked at my BetterNames // com site, and in the Afternic "premium network" with FAST transfer enabled (though there was an issue so I manually submitted the auth code).

12. DomainFQ.com

DomainFQ.com Contact : [email protected] VIP

Congrats and Thanks for sharing.

13. Winfluence

Winfluence Top Contributor VIP

Question: What made you price PlanToGrow at 24k?

This is the kind of sale that often blows my mind, because I normally would price a domain like that in the low to mid 4 figures, but you had the intuition to know it could sell for higher. I admire people who have the skill to be able to do that, but I honestly can't figure it out... It almost looks random to me in some ways... Its why I stick to generics, because there is more rational that I can bet on, but apparently there's a lot of money to be made in brandables as well if you know what you're doing.

I recent regged AirOfCredibility dot com hoping to have that kind of intuition / hunch... Do you think I'm on the right track? Or is this a hard miss? 😄

14. bobo4us

bobo4us Established Member

15. rcs1973

rcs1973 Established Member

Great sale but you have Enormous carry costs. Over $60K annually? You need many home run sales just to carry your portfolio...every year. Next year $100k....

16. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

Thanks for such a great detailed answer, and sharing your thinking and logic behind your purchases and sales. Few people have the kind of creative mind needed to come up with domain names like you(y) You remind me of domain savant, and your partner is a lucky guy/gal. Thanks again.

17. mrm_1

mrm_1 Established Member

18. DigitalRoar

DigitalRoar Established Member

Wasn't a fan of Rick when I first started domaining because from my perspective I thought he was just another domain hoarder selling domains at ridiculous prices, the video you shared put things into perspective. I will surely be adjusting prices.

19. nikolasbp92

nikolasbp92 Upgraded Member Gold Account

20. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

Winfluence....i'm mesmerized as well. NameWorth.com who advertises on NP values PlantoGrow.com at $34,500. I'm not sure why, but it does. NameBuyer, while he doesn't necessarily endorse NameWorth, refers it when he started this thread. I noticed too that Estibot appraises the name for $25,000, but somehow I think that appraisal is/was after the sale? Note, GD appraised the name for $2,134 and Free Valuator for $2,375 and Epik for $460.

While I personally like your domain AirOfCredibility.com, GD Values it at $786, Epik where you registered it at $0.00, FreeValuator at $13.71 and NameWorth for < $500. Approximately 50+ of the 1,000 domains I own, Nameworth values between $5,000 and $44,500. I've been using their "free" service, but i think i may upgrade in the hope I can learn more about their valuations.

Finally, while I'm no fan of Rick Schwartz, NameBuyer refers to him also in his post. I think now I'll check out the Domain King to see what I've been missing:xf.rolleyes:

21. E-Thunder

E-Thunder Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Wonder if owner of plan2grow was buyer. Or planstogrow owner.

22. dande

dande DomainFlexi.com VIP

Domainers beefing at a domain investor for selling his domains at high prices. One of the funniest mindset ever.

You should leave that for the buyers to worry about. What you considered to be ridiculous prices may actually be seen as very cheap by the buyers.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  23. MA000

MA000 Upgraded Member Blue Account

Congrats for the fine sale. Join my auction for "EEED.com" - Triple 4L Aged Domain :)

24. Domain Monk

Domain Monk Mindful Domaining VIP Gold Account

How many hang reg names in your 6 k portfolio, how many names you buy in a month? How long you took to build your portfolio

Thanks and congrats

25. Telodomains

Telodomains Established Member

Congrats @NameBuyer.com You are an inspiration! Love it! It motivates many of us to keep trying.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice