IT.COM

discuss No sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So premiums is platinums...
I always got them confused.
@Crysis thanks for pointing that out.

All this duplicate account crap is bulksh’t
Just for few dollars a month :xf.frown:
bypass everything people earned in 10 years, plus sum

I never even spotted he/she used 2 separate accounts. Another infraction worthy of Restrictions. How smart was that logging in with the same IP address?

Last edited:
•••
You think mods didnt know?:cautious:
Thats the problem. 1 account per person. I would rather pay for a membership in a forum, i knew who i was dealing with than a forum of multiple personalities/usernames
Gotta pay bills though.
I was going to pay up, to open another account, so others wouldn’t know its me. I am me. Isnt that what SB did when he said his final good byes. Opened second account.

•••
You think mods didnt know?:cautious:
Thats the problem. 1 account per person. I would rather pay for a membership in a forum, i knew who i was dealing with than a forum of multiple personalities/usernames
Gotta pay bills though.
I was going to pay up, to open another account, so others wouldn’t know its me. I am me. Isnt that what SB did when he said his final good byes. Opened second account.

I missed your intention about your reference to SB. Who is SB?

•••
•••
The best buyers are those who start some business/PROject... from scratch.

Emailing to the existent users is very often just waste of time... even if you have EMD.

How to find those people who are going to start a project from start? :banghead:

•••
•••
Shane Bellone presumably

I wouldn't put Premiums/Platinums at all in the same category as Shane Bellone. They are worlds apart.

•••
I was using that as an example of creating duplicate accounts.
He made a lot of positive contributions to this forum, to bad contributors are leaving. all premiums/platinums does is start threads that people dislike their posts. Or they have no sale ;(
Yes Stub, no comparison class wise or business wise.

•••
Focus on extensions that have a proven track record, forget the rest until you really know what you are doing.

•••
I would say focus on quality names with a reasonable chance to be desired by multiple end users that you know how to reach. While it is not realistic to ever develop more than a very few domains, the advice someone (sorry forget who, maybe @Kate ?) gave on NPs was to select names that you would value for development (even if you did not have the resources to do so). I think that is an excellent simple test of whether the domain is both valuable and in an area you know something about.

Most say to start in com (and/or your own country code). I don't disagree that is the safest and arguably most probable way to obtain a domain ROI. However, the com space is already occupied by a huge number of well established, smart, and experienced domain investors with excellent portfolios, and truly huge number of domains for sale. You will be competing with them for sales.

While there are also, relative to the number of sales, a lot of skilled people in the ngTLD and generic country code spaces, one might argue that possibly in that space a new investor could find a niche that can be profitable and is less competitive. No one should enter the space without first building expertise in what sells in new extensions, and aesthetics of domain names and modern marketing strategies. I agree that it is a higher risk approach, partly because limited past sales make it difficult to evaluate the correct price, and partly because in many extensions you compete against the registry premium names.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back