IT.COM

discuss No sales

NameSilo
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
what to do now

Try to keep motivated, and try different things. If your names are that good, buyers will find them and the enquires will come. Where are you promoting your names? Are your BIN prices realistic? Are you investing in quality names?

If your answer to the latter is no, perhaps now is a good time to stop buying and do more reading up.

•••
It's nearly midnight here in the UK, so goodnight!

Yes, it's late here but us hardcore domainers live and breathe nP! Get past 12, and we offically are - The Night Shift!

Sorry, back to the topic...(y)

•••
1. diversify your portfolio
2. list everywhere - you know as they say, you have to be at the right place, at the right time, with the right people that are capable to buy.
3. wait and be patient i for one, when i say im gonna quit then sales will come in, must be the declaration thingy.
4. apply in 2 more day jobs
5. think of another product/services to be busy on while waiting for sales

are some of the things that comes to mind.

•••
2. list everywhere - you know as they say, you have to be at the right place, at the right time, with the right people that are capable to buy.
Amen brother. Biggest mistake I made in the beginning was just listing at one place. Lost months of possible sales.

•••
You said that you get ngtlds just for fun. Well, there is no fun when you don't sell. The biggest problem with you is your ego. Kill your ego, before you lost your desire for domaining. Don't take it personally, I try to fight my ego too. I think that's the key point which blocks you to sale. We are trying to help here. Totally avoid ngtlds. Convince yourself that they don't exist. Stay on .com, strictly. Buy quality, less quantity. Think, there is no ego in domaining. Say you don't know nothing. Starting from zero, its a way to reboot your business.

•••
I had not realized from your concise OP that you had numerous sales, just not over the summer. That would have changed some of the advice which was meant for someone who had not yet completed their first sale. I very much agree with @Jurgen Wolf that, in general, summer is slower, and you should not read too much necessarily into lack of sales and inquiries in July and August. Hopefully September will be more active for us all!

•••
xx sales: just waste time
I went to your website find. ventures and all of your domains are for sale for under $25, most for $5.
Why would you waste the time and effort to reg those names, put up a site and then sell them for less than reg fee ?

I'm just trying make sense of what the real issue is here.

Last edited:
•••
I think we need to learn How to make sale!

Sales surely happens when the product you are selling is valuable in the eyes of your client and client gets connect to the product emitionally. Client won't see the price of your product but see the value of your product and it is valuable for them they can pay your price even without negotiation!

•••
Bankroll+Experience+Patience=Sales

•••
Yes, it's late here but us hardcore domainers live and breathe nP! Get past 12, and we offically are - The Night Shift!

Sorry, back to the topic...(y)
I prefer the quiet of the morning........

Premiums, there is a lot of good advice on here - can you share the sites you have listed on?

Sedo, Godaddy, Afternic, Dynadot, Undeveloped etc etc. Any Brandables listed on BB or BP? Etc

How much traffic goes to your own site? How many sales have you had from it?
Would be interested to see your reply

With your site, as a consumer I would have to email you if I'm interested? This may put people off who are not 100% sure, you should think about adding a payment option on there - helps with quicker decision making and maybe some logos, as visuals help paint a picture in a buyers mind.

•••
Ngtld's offer an easy illusion. They make you think that you have a ''premium'' name, only because you have an average, not top keyword, combined with a mediocre extension. Up to one point, i really understand the confusion which can have a starter. BUT
The time is money. You can lose time with tricky and risky business. You want to start to gain right? So, totally avoid every single move that may cause you confusion. Choose the safe path and go ahead. I know it's not so easy as it sounds, but you can complain all the time for no sales. Not for me, not for the others, but for you. The good thing is that threads like this, may help and others to avoid doing what you do. It's clearly up to you to accept the help or keep on moving your ship on the rocks. If anyone told you that domaining is easy nowadays is a liar. Understand the basics....Wait a minute do you know what really is NP? It's a huge bank of knowledge! Use it and you will improve yourself.

Last edited:
•••
Ngtld's offer an easy illusion. They make you think that you have a ''premium'' name, only because you have an average, not top keyword, combined with a mediocre extension. Up to one point, i really understand the confusion which can have a starter. BUT
The time is money. You can lose time with tricky and risky business. You want to start to gain right? So, totally avoid every single move that may cause you confusion. Choose the safe path and go ahead. I know it's not so easy as it sounds, but you can complain all the time for no sales. Not for me, not for the others, but for you. The good thing is that threads like this, may help and others to avoid doing what you do. It's clearly up to you to accept the help or keep on moving your ship on the rocks.
Good point - Nothing worse for your pockets than being stubborn and blinkered to reality.

•••
I will purchase your first domain, if you like to do partnership business with me.. (y)

•••
I prefer the quiet of the morning........

Premiums, there is a lot of good advice on here - can you share the sites you have listed on?

Sedo, Godaddy, Afternic, Dynadot, Undeveloped etc etc. Any Brandables listed on BB or BP? Etc

How much traffic goes to your own site? How many sales have you had from it?
Would be interested to see your reply

With your site, as a consumer I would have to email you if I'm interested? This may put people off who are not 100% sure, you should think about adding a payment option on there - helps with quicker decision making and maybe some logos, as visuals help paint a picture in a buyers mind.
Hello,

payment option? paypal USD bitcoin whatever ...

all domains listed for sale on Afternic/Godaddy with buy now prices $50 (escrow included)

I do not use Sedo a 1and1 scam company.

what is Undeveloped?

why i should use BB? it is not free - they are "scamming" domainers.

•••
I will purchase your first domain, if you like to do partnership business with me.. (y)
Hi,

what do you mean partnership?

which name?

ALL.watch
Registrar: Porkbun
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-12-14T11:48:58Z
renews at $22.12

Accessories.World
Registrar: Epik
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-03-18T23:46:03Z
renews at $21.47

classy.world
Registrar: name.com
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-02-04T17:04:09Z
renews at $21.47

Development.today
Registrar: Uniregistry
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-07-24T16:18:28Z
renews at $14.46

Flights.Place
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-31T21:02:13Z
renews at $11.82

GoT.world
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-06T08:25:04Z
renews at $21.47

Hot.Watch
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-14T01:20:24Z
renews at $22.12

Marketplace.today
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-02-23T13:53:23Z
renews at $14.46

MEN.place
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-14T14:32:14Z
renews at $11.82

mmm.recipes
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-02-04T00:06:53Z
renews at $34.98

Secure.Guide
Registrar: Namesilo
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-08T12:41:31Z
renews at $22.12

SMM.Life
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-07-10T09:00:13Z
renews at $21.47

SELL.expert
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-08T18:07:12Z
renews at $35.51

West.services
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-03-20T12:49:03Z
renews at $22.12

Your.CHEAP
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-03-29T06:54:49Z
renews at $22.12

Your.WTF
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-12T17:20:38Z
renews at $22.12

Thanks

•••
Thank you i do not need an appraisal. I have good .com names with $X,XXX value.
no sales i mean XXX-X,XXX

that seems to be your error

•••
Hello,

all domains listed for sale on Afternic/Godaddy with buy now prices $50 (escrow included)

what is Undeveloped?

stop registering domains
that you want to sell for $50 USD
as that will never make you come out of the red

•••
Hi,

what do you mean partnership?

which name?

www.ALL.watch
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-12-14T11:48:58Z
renews at $22.12

www.Accessories.World
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-03-18T23:46:03Z
renews at $21.47

www.classy.world
Registrar: name.com
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-02-04T17:04:09Z
renews at $21.47

www.Development.today
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-07-24T16:18:28Z
renews at $14.46

www.Flights.Place
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-31T21:02:13Z
renews at $11.82

www.GoT.world
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-06T08:25:04Z
renews at $21.47

www.Hot.Watch
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-14T01:20:24Z
renews at $22.12

www.Marketplace.today
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-02-23T13:53:23Z
renews at $14.46

www.MEN.place
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-14T14:32:14Z
renews at $11.82

www.mmm.recipes
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-02-04T00:06:53Z
renews at $34.98

www.Secure.Guide
Registrar: Namesilo
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-08T12:41:31Z
renews at $22.12

www.SMM.Life
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-07-10T09:00:13Z
renews at $21.47

www.SELL.expert
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-08T18:07:12Z
renews at $35.51

www.West.services
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-03-20T12:49:03Z
renews at $22.12

www.Your.CHEAP
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-03-29T06:54:49Z
renews at $22.12

www.Your.WTF
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-12T17:20:38Z
renews at $22.12

Thanks

I mean no need to get discouraged.. we need to broad our view..

Which area do you have experience like web development or online sales?

•••
Hello,

what is Undeveloped?

I am going to write a piece later today titled "The psychology of a belligerent mind" :xf.wink:

This seems to be a reoccurring theme, people are posting looking for advice and when the advice is given they don't take it on board - they get defensive and hostile.

The best way to learn to is take the constructive criticism and face the facts when they are put in front of you.

When I first joined, I listed all my names got a lot of feedback similar to what you are facing BUT i did not react like I knew better, I took it on board and ever so gradually after daily research etc have begun to acquire/register better names

I hope you really listen to these people who are giving you their time and experience - they don't have to do it

•••
I am going to write a piece later today titled "The psychology of a belligerent mind" :xf.wink:

This seems to be a reoccurring theme, people are posting looking for advice and when the advice is given they don't take it on board - they get defensive and hostile.

The best way to learn to is take the constructive criticism and face the facts when they are put in front of you.

When I first joined, I listed all my names got a lot of feedback similar to what you are facing BUT i did not react like I knew better, I took it on board and ever so gradually after daily research etc have begun to acquire/register better names

I hope you really listen to these people who are giving you their time and experience - they don't have to do it
show me your domain portfolio maybe i could learn how to do right regs

•••
please explain?

btw why do you own 0 domains?
I own over 400 domains, not sure where you are getting that number.

As to explain why you should close this thread ? I thinnk the last post explains itself.

One more bit of advice: Don't get overly defensive or vindictive, you will just make enemies or end up like the legendary Bulloney.

I see you are already trying to attack other people for their name choices. Thats gonna bring you some bad karma.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I don't hand reg a lot, currently learning about brandables and reg 1 or none a week.

I am mainly looking on https://www.expireddomains.net/ and looking for names and cross checking with namebio sales, again not a lot - averaging 1 a week - gone are my days of mass registering names.........

HAVE EDITED - link is now non malware!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back