NameSilo

discuss No sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It's a matter of principle, sorry. Many of us are here to do business, some are here to learn the business, some are here to play games. @Bulloney was an example. Much nicer here without him, he can go post on the blogs the real "pros" write and advertise on domaining.com
This place is losing serious credibility, to many "heated debates" to many toxic threads. Too many duplicate accounts. To many auctions being halted/closed due to shill bidding
When I bought and sold on ebay years ago, first thing I asked was are you on Namepros. It was a assurance almost it was someone credible. Busy times then.Good times.
We asked about blocking threads @alcy I was chatting with @Eric Lyon about it, it's on the try list.
Its come to point we need to block members due to their actions, thats pretty bad.
I am blocking members now, to not see threads.
What happens when they bid on my auction and they are blocked @Eric Lyon ?
Why has it come to this?

In response to your above post @Premiums as i got the alert while typing my reply, here is a link so you can see what you posted today https://www.namepros.com/threads/cool-cool-or-not-cool.1097130/#post-6868938 O_o you cant even remember what you post?

Mods, have you id this person to make sure they are even of age to participate in this real money forum?

It was suggested the other day you change your name @Premiums because your names arent premium.
I see shit shoveler username is available, as well as the matching .com even the .pro and .cool

•••
I see sh*t shoveler username is available, as well as the matching .com even the .pro and .cool

I am going to register them
he may need to buy them from me sooner or later

•••
It's all a question of attitude first:
There's no money in domain names... this industry full of bullsh*t.

Stop whining... If you're not making sales, it's your fault only. Rethink your strategy, unlearn, then learn.
But the majority of domainers are losing money, it's not like everybody can do it and be successful.
Still domainers keep doing it for different reasons, either they are deluded, addicted, hopeful, or actually making progress. At least they are having fun.
If you are not having fun, then contemplating another hobby sounds like the right thing to do.
Nobody should pursue any activity that is a source of frustration.

•••
Let some domains expire, reduce your expenses

•••
stop registering domains
that you want to sell for $50 USD
as that will never make you come out of the red

Although I agree with your sentiment. I think @Premiums was boasting somewhere that most of those domains were bought in promo sales for only a dollar or two. I don't think he has much money actually tied up in those domains. But the lesson he is learning, is that it ain't easy to sell crap nGTLD's. But he has never showed us his .com collection worth $xxx-$xxxx, I think he said. He should. If he expects to be believed.

•••
. But he has never showed us his .com collection worth $xxx-$xxxx, I think he said. He should. If he expects to be believed.
I don't think he has any. He has posted whiny messages before about no sales and none of them show he has any .com domains. Kinda sad....

•••
I don't think he has any. He has posted whiny messages before about no sales and none of them show he has any .com domains. Kinda sad....

We were all young, and over ambitious one time or another. But you could be right.

•••
We were all young, and over ambitious one time or another. But you could be right.

I remember when he first showed up. His for sale site was an awful mess. I gave him loads of pointers how he should improve things. I thought he wasn't listening. But low and behold, there were all the hints I gave him, implemented. I haven't checked recently if he changed things again. He seems to change things around a lot.

•••
I haven't checked recently if he changed things again. He seems to change things around a lot.
He bumped up his prices since I mentioned them. Now most of his domains are $15 instead of $5. :xf.laugh:

•••
OP closed their account by the looks of it. I'm just going to leave this here for other newbies. There are seasoned veterans on here who very kindly take the time out of their busy days to lend their help and advice.

When I think back to when I posted my first valuation threads, @stub gave some excellent adivce as did many others, some mocked me but I wanted to learn so I ignored the negative criticism and took on board the sound advice given to me.

These days all I see a lot of new accounts springing up and posing the same questions.

The difference I see now and ever more prevalent, is that when the consensus doesn't agree with their delusional narrative, they throw the toys out of the pram.

It's almost as though they think there's a big conspiracy theory to get them to drop their names so we can hoover up all their gold (fool's) on the drop.

If you are not willing to keep an open mind, consider all opinions and continually re-evaluate your portfolio and its acquisition strategy, you are going to fail in this industry.

Last edited:
•••
OP closed their account by the looks of it.

I've seen him in this status before also. It could also be a temp penalty from the mods. I don't think a line thru the name necessarily means a user has closed their account permanently. Else how did he come back to post again?

Last edited:
•••
It's almost as though they think there's a big conspiracy theory to get them to drop their names so we can hoover up all their gold (fool's) on the drop.

;) that a good one ;)

•••
Some (paranoid) newcomers have actually said that.

Domainers are not objective and tend to overestimate the quality and desirability of their domain names.
In general, they are not as good as they think. That's why they are not making sales.

•••
Looks like
UxM8lns.jpg
got the boot.

•••
•••
•••
This thread should be a lesson to all. If a bunch of people here are telling you that you are wrong, don't lash out. Take a little break and re-evaluate what they are saying.

"Premiums" just lost it and went WWIII for no reason and now he is gone.... well, at least for now.

If he comes back, I hope he learned something.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I want to say how much I agree with @Kate re:

"Domainers are not objective and tend to overestimate the quality and desirability of their domain names. In general, they are not as good as they think. That's why they are not making sales."

It is a natural reaction, but one we should all realize, and that applies to both newcomers and those who have been in domain investing for many years. Now I do realize that the intention was (I think) for new domainers without yet sales, but I think really it applies to us all.

It is natural to think names we have acquired are more valuable than they probably are, and some domain names are over-priced or stubbornly held, for this reason. People do the same thing in stock picking, mutual fund selection, etc.

I have increasingly found it helpful to ask 3 family/friends who know nothing about domain names what they think of a name. I know, not a scientifically valid statistical survey, but if all say 'huh?" it does help me temper my excitement for the domain.

•••
Some (paranoid) newcomers have actually said that.

Ah that's funny, hit dogs bark.

I'm pretty sure you know that it's of course happening here on Namepros, and anywhere else, that people are doing wrong things simply for their own advantage - in domain cases: talking in a bad way about someones domains to let that person drop them or take your own super low offer.
If you're not into crypto and the community, there it's called 'fudding' (fear, uncertainty, doubt), and people do that so others drop their coins and the fudders can pick them up.
If your saying this is not at all happening in some cases here: that's unrealistic and just like your opinion dude.

I have increasingly found it helpful to ask 3 family/friends who know nothing about domain names what they think of a name. I know, not a scientifically valid statistical survey, but if all say 'huh?" it does help me temper my excitement for the domain.

Exactly what I'm doing =D but usually I'm annoying some more people with that :-P
Definitely very good to get neutral opinions from just usual webbrowsing people about how memorable the name is for example.

Last edited:
•••
forgot another reason for fudding:
in crypto - to make their own crapcoin more valuable/interesting to others
in names - to make their own crapname more valuable/interesting to others

•••
Saw this the first time today

Was a nice little chuckle :xf.grin:

•••
He/She was restricted before.

Previous profile of "Premiums":
https://www.namepros.com/members/platinums.1006720/

Some of the previous controversial threads by "Premiums" aka "Platinums"

https://www.namepros.com/threads/a-mod-removed-my-posts.1063711/
https://www.namepros.com/threads/com-is-not-king-anymore.1063548/

Looks like she deserved the "Restricted" label. Not completing auctions would certainly quality for that. Posting gibberish in other people's threads, was probably, not cool, either. RIP.

•••
So premiums is platinums...
I always got them confused.
@Crysis thanks for pointing that out.

All this duplicate account crap is bulksh’t
Just for few dollars a month :xf.frown:
bypass everything people earned in 10 years, plus sum

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back