Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Last year with a portfolio of 500 domain names I sold 5 domain names priced at
$2888 , $2500 , $265 , $120 & $999 with my last sale in July 2022

The year before that I sold 7 domain names each sale was for $265

All sales were from Afternic apart from the highest sale $2888 which was on Dan.

I believe my domains are decent but with no sales what should I do? Reduce prices? Try another lander?

( I'm currently using Afternic NS3/NS4 landers )

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you watch news. Or youtube? Recession is already here, banking crisis in US and EU.. Energy and food crisis in EU etc... earthquake in Turkey...global warming , water crisis . People do not invest anymore... We need money for food and living not for domains .

Last edited:
•••
•••
Do you watch news. Or youtube? Recession is already here, banking crisis in US and EU.. Energy and food crisis in EU etc... earthquake in Turkey...global warming , water crisis . People do not invest anymore... We need money for food and living not for domains .
No I do not watch the MSM. It's all doom and gloom and one-sided and the majority is fake news.

•••
you sold 1% of your portfolio last year

We are only 3 months into this year so still plenty of of time to hit that mark again, assuming you still have 500 domains......

•••
Dont open your umbrella before it rains!

•••
•••
•••
Last year with a portfolio of 500 domain names I sold 5 domain names priced at
$2888 , $2500 , $265 , $120 & $999 with my last sale in July 2022
Hi

to renew 500 domain names, if all were .com, would average about $10 per name or $5K per year.

since your 5 sales last year, earned slightly more than that renewal cost for the portfolio...
then, according to the "average math", it appears that at least some profit was earned.

i'd say, just be patient and maybe increase pricing on your best names, so maybe you won't have to sell as many to sustain.

imo...

•••
Thanks for the high quality thread and comments all.
Domaining is over reallybigidea.com said in past and he was quitting domaining because of that. Wish he would keep his word
Sails down across the board, prepare to sell no names this year imo

•••
@biggie is right. Be patient.

As you are renewing your domains, it's a good time to evaluate the quality, the price and the landers. Also, it is a good time to explore other venues and methods of selling your domains. (Namepros, Namejet, Dan, Sedo, etc.)

I was concerned over my sales because I had a few months dry, then bang....Had a great sale through Afternic last month.

I wish you the best!

•••
@biggie is right. Be patient.

As you are renewing your domains, it's a good time to evaluate the quality, the price and the landers. Also, it is a good time to explore other venues and methods of selling your domains. (Namepros, Namejet, Dan, Sedo, etc.)

I was concerned over my sales because I had a few months dry, then bang....Had a great sale through Afternic last month.

I wish you the best!
Did you keep your domains pointed to Afternic landers or were they pointing elsewhere before you had a great sale?

•••
Did you keep your domains pointed to Afternic landers or were they pointing elsewhere before you had a great sale?
I have always used the Afternic landers and continue to. I use ns3 and ns4. Of course, I have names listed on other platforms but the landers remain on Afternic. They seem to perform better than the rest.

I have considered trying Efty again but I haven't done it.

•••
Hi

to renew 500 domain names, if all were .com, would average about $10 per name or $5K per year.

since your 5 sales last year, earned slightly more than that renewal cost for the portfolio...
then, according to the "average math", it appears that at least some profit was earned.

i'd say, just be patient and maybe increase pricing on your best names, so maybe you won't have to sell as many to sustain.

imo...
I've got around 80% .com and the rest are .ac ,.io , .co.uk domains and 1 .services which is about $80 per year.

I have increased my prices but may need to reduce some. All of them are listed on DomainKnights .co .uk

What sites do you use before putting a price on your domain names?

•••
I've got around 80% .com and the rest are .ac ,.io , .co.uk domains and 1 .services which is about $80 per year.

I have increased my prices but may need to reduce some. All of them are listed on DomainKnights .co .uk

Have you been looking at your Lead Center? Anything in process there?

•••

I was looking at site where all your names are listed DomainKnights . Co .uk
Thanks for sharing the url, always helps
Had hard time even remembering url .this .uk
Have you thought of using .com?
Minimum ooffer 50k for ask claude com
I dunno dude
In your opening post your highest sale was 2888$
Pricing may be issue.
Whois Claude?

•••
exactly why people are bidding thousands on dropcatch in regard to op this month has the best month for me EVER best sales best purchases.

•••
exactly why people are bidding thousands on dropcatch in regard to op this month has the best month for me EVER best sales best purchases.
Congrats fam!

•••
@Silentptnr thanks broski ^^ long time no see ay
not trying to discredit op or anyone else in this thread i just don't like fear mongering

•••
@Silentptnr thanks broski ^^ long time no see ay
not trying to discredit op or anyone else in this thread i just don't like fear mongering
I hear ya brother. I just had my biggest sale yet on a non .com. Lucky I suppose.

•••
Have you been looking at your Lead Center? Anything in process there?
Yes, only 7 domains show on the lead center 2 confused and the rest stalled.

•••
Yes, only 7 domains show on the lead center 2 confused and the rest stalled.
Thats not bad. Deals take time. You should communicate with the brokers about pricing.

•••
I believe my domains are decent but with no sales what should I do? Reduce prices? Try another lander?
I have not read the whole thread, so my post may be repetitive.

In my case, I had no sale for the last part of 2021 and no sale in 2022. with low xxxx names, this became quite an issue.

However, 2023 has been very good. Although dozens of leads came thru nic and dan, not a single one closed through them...as a matter of fact, they lost the biggest sale because the buyer eventually reached out to me directly.

When times are tough, I raise my prices rather than lower. They are all priced at a reasonable retail number to begin with...a buyer can take the name at the price listed or move on.

•••

( I'm currently using Afternic NS3/NS4 landers )
As I read in their blog / article,

use NS 3/4 for high value domains - May be for above $1000 or $2000
use NS 5/6 for low value domains - Better all those below $1000

You can that and wait for few months to see if there is any difference.

•••
Thats not bad. Deals take time. You should communicate with the brokers about pricing.
I did respond to 3 of them but they just said the lead wasn't qualified.

•••
Back