NameSilo

No sales with sedo.com recently

Located in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization started by Hui Siew Choong, Oct 1, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

?

Should I maintain my sales thru sedo.com ?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. no, please suggest a better sales platform

23 vote(s)
    88.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Total: 26 vote(s)
  1. Sinh

Sinh Active Member VIP

I haven't had any sales through Sedo for about 2 years. I list my domains there and don't have any offers as well.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. namemarket

namemarket Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

It's incredible Sedo does such a poor job where you don't even see your domains in their own search! Surprising anyone would stay with Sedo or start using Sedo in view of that and other negatives I heard about here for a long time?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  3. kam

kam Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

The only reason we (domainers) are willing to pay 10-20% comission to sedo is because we believed sedo will bring more leads to our domains and generate more sales.

Nonono, this not the case if your have some premium keywords domain with a extension of .ws .cc .tv .asia.

Do you knew that the keyword .ws is no longer appeared on sedo search since 2011.

Want a proof?
    https://namebio.com/?s==MjM4ETO2gTM
    [​IMG]

Let's take a look what happened when .ws domains is affected by Sedo search result' manipulation back in 2011. Look at the stats, they completely destroyed the sales. They 'murdered' a domain extension.:dead:

.cc .tv and .asia are another victims affected by Sedo search result' manipulation in the last two years.

Sedo had a External Domain Transfer service and it only charge 3% fee. But it required the domains are not listed in sedo marketplace.

I started to remove all of the affected domain from sedo and using landing page to direct communicate with potential buyers. I will use Sedo's External Domain Transfer service or escrow.com to close the deal when a deal is confirmed.

Kam

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  4. convertcontent

convertcontent Established Member

What do you think it is? Has something changed about their search function? Trends?

5. Sinh

Sinh Active Member VIP

The main problem is Sedo's traffic! It is very low.

6. Yusupbabay

Yusupbabay Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

is in the process of bargaining

C387E6A3-23F5-4654-8DA7-C9DB42CDB1BF.png

7. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

LOL
    But these TLDs are already dead or struggling, it's not because of Sedo. Sedo have lots of shortcomings, but you can't blame them for the lack of consumer demand.

I don't know how they are turning their search engine, but they somehow have to come up with a way to return search results that are relevant. Don't think there are many users who want to see .asia or .ws suggestions.

I mean, would you still use Google if they returned low-quality websites all the time.

8. Weber

Weber Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

My experience is that occasionally, the search results can vary considerably. For instance, on several occasions in searching for a popular product keyword I have listed, I could not easily find the domain in the results. Normally (for many yrs.), that domain has been very close to the top of the results (as it should be, imo). The search term is an exact match for the domain and I had the correct tld chosen. As for search criteria, you can't get any more relevant than that. However, the results were far from relevant.

For what it's worth the results are back to "normal" for the last few months.

9. address

address Established Member

parked sedo domains = malware infested pages

no comment pure dumb

10. abdelrahman kamal

abdelrahman kamal CEO Domains.systems Gold Account

sedo feels so good about their business and they think that they have full control of what they Do, but really their traffic is too low, and have nothing new to show in this business

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!