IT.COM

Sedo.com parking - Name verification period

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

IdahoFarmer

mmm ... Pizza ....Established Member
Impact
I changed the DNS on my 750 domains to Sedo parking about six days ago. On the same day I also emailed Sedo with their spreadsheet form to have them add the domains to my parking account. I received an email from Sedo the following day indicating that they added the names to my account.

Three days ago I verified that DNS has propogated. However, as of today only about 120 of the names are showing up in my "Domain Parking" page on sedo... about 30-40 names have been showing up each day. However, on the "My Listings" page, all the domains show up already.

I assume this is Sedo "verifying the domains". Is this process automated? Why does it take such a long time? Any ideas?

IdahoFarmer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the domain parking section is different from the my listings section.
as a general rule, the domain parking section will show domains that either have traffic and CTR, and they will show the ones that have made the most $ first.
If a domain has no traffic whatsoever, it can fail to show at the parking pages.

If the names were being verified, when you go to my listings, you would see them in red on the top section, so apprently, they verified them.

Now, a word of warning. Especially when mass entering domains at sedo. I have noticed many times that they reply that a domain has been entered, only to later find out because of some glitch, it never was.
So, unfortunately, you need to count them all and make sure they did indeed list them.

•••
I was told by Sedo themselves that it was not a bug, but a feature to large domain portfolio owners. As was said above, a domain has to have 1 hit before it will show up.

•••
This makes sense... although I'd rather see all my domains listed, even if they haven't yet received a click. Appreciate the responses.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back