Domain Empire

The Best Place To Park Your Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is better for domain parking?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Sedo

votes
    56.0%
  • Fabulous.com

votes
    40.0%
  • Afternic

vote
    4.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I am currently at a crossroads as far as domain parking goes. I have most of my names at Sedo but I recently started an account at Fabulous.com and now I want to get more involved at Afternic. Which one should I park all my domains with because I am betting that parking all my domains (close to 400) with the same company will yield the highest return.

Which one should I use?

Sedo has been ok since I like the monthly payment via PayPal and I have sold a few names through them.

Just started using Fabulous.com and like the fact that you get a sale when somebody buys a product due to your site. Not made a great return yet, but I still have my best earners at Sedo. They also have no commissions on sales.

I used Afternic in the past for parking but not since they added the PPC revenues. Anybody had success with that yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am at a similar crossroads, Ogre.
Most of my names are currently parked at Fabulous after having parked w/ Sedo for about 6 mos and also after a brief trial w/ Afternic.
My earnings at Fabulous are about 1/3 of what I was getting at Sedo, and I wasn't setup for ppc @ Afternic. Afternic and Sedo were about equal in traffic, but I did find interesting differences in what names were being visited at the two sites.

One name that had high traffic and relatively good earnings at Sedo, has not faired nearly as well at Fabulous. Although Fabulous does not take a commission, the offers that I have recieved through their site are not verified-some have proven to be bogus and others show up w/o an offer amt and w/o any info other than an email address, so it is difficult to determine just how serious the "offers" actually are and who it is that is making them. Still am in the process of analyzing the situation, and am going over names at Fabulous to see if I can impprove the ppc partners I am currently linked w/ to see if that will improve earnings.

•••
Great post, Grrilla :). I was wondering about the selling process on Fabulous, but it looks like my earnings on Sedo are decreasing. Thus, I will be adding more names to Fabulous.com.

I always did wonder about the traffic aspect of the two because it looks like Sedo would generate more traffic from its site than Fabulous and so far that has held true. However, it looks like Fabulous is setup better to monetize traffic than Sedo because Fabulous has more ways to make money with pop unders and sales commissions.

Having said all that though, there is still not a clear cut winner between the two because both offer different pros and cons. I will just give a little more to Fabulous and see how they handle it but I will not abandon Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
thanks ;Grrilla & Ogre.waiting eargerly to see the update of your "experiments". i hate to move unless there signs of better earnings:)

•••
One other note. When I moved my portfolio to Fabulous, I didn't have enough time to manually set my ppc links and let them set them up. Although, overall, they did a fairly good job, I have had to reset about half the names. Of that half, about 75% because of personal preferences, and 25% because the names were linked incorrectly. For example, I had some DNA prefixed names that ended up w/ internet business links instead of science and medicine.

•••
Well I am only parked at Sedo right now, but results are decent. CTR is not bad and the $.06/Click Average stays true for me :)

•••
What surprises me about the poll is the low result for Afternic. My traffic results were about even- some names faired better than others at both sites- and personally, I find the site at Afternic more useful, w/ discussion groups, Bazaar etc. and it is more people friendly there, than at Sedo.

•••
I took a closer look at how each of my domains was doing on Fabulous last night. Like, you Grrilla, I had to change a few that were not set as good as they could be and will have to change more later on. Overall, I noticed that compared to impressions it seems that Sedo has a higher click though rate.

However, the biggest surprise last night was when I learned that my biggest money maker (without a sale) is a 3 word .us!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back