Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even when i find the next upcoming trend, the .com is seldom available. Other TLDs are not as useful due so many options available.

say pico projector is the trend - .com and .net and common TLDs are taken... when you search so many other TLDs are available. Likely hood of you getting a good price for .com is less , unless you plan to sell for low price.

•••
There might be a new trend coming in the way certain stores and especially restaurants get and retain customers. I don't have a term for it, but restaurants can offer deals like a customer pays a lump sum of money that's substantially less than normal meals, and then gets to eat at that restaurant for a full month or one meal per week or whatever.

It could apply to movies, carwashes and more. Sort of like a season pass or a food club. Unfortunately, as expected, most domains are already taken.

•••
•••
4kKino dot com
8kKino dot com
Kino8k dot com

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Agreed. It's why I've preferred "UHD" and "Ultra HD" over "4k" with the couple of domains that I've registered in that field. "UHD" won't expire for a long time, because in some ways it's an umbrella term for all the different "K" terminologies.

Im still thinking (hoping) this happens as well when eventually all tvs and cameras are uhd (either 4k or 8k) it will be the easier thing to say so it will catch on. That being said Ive been holding uhd domains since 2009 when I first heard of the tech being worked on so to say Im getting a bit anxious at this point is an understatement lol.

•••
Can't believe i was able to hand reg
a
r
C
o
u
p
o
n
/
c
o
m

I think the market for these will be massive !

•••
What is an AR Coupon? Hadn't heard of them yet.

•••
What is an AR Coupon? Hadn't heard of them yet!

Augmented reality ......imagine putting on your smart glasses and seeing all the discounts and bargains on offer .....the Terminator used to use them all the time !!

•••
Ooh gotcha. Didn't think Augmented Reality, but guess that's what they're calling it nowadays ("AR")...makes sense.

I was betting on Aurasma to pick up with popularity, but I think things went down hill with the HP scandal. Maybe there's an opportunity for AR Coupons with Google Glass someday? Though, I think Google Glass has proven it's self to be an anti-social technology to be shunned by restaurants and other social gatherings, making wearers come off as "creepy" and awkward.

AR's future is a bit turbulent at the moment, that's for sure...

Last edited:
•••
i would not bet against smart glasses ....... google glass is just one of many start ups in this field
~
www.smartglasses.com.au

•••
Plenty of action in the Beacon space right now. Do a Google news search for "Beacons" and there is much to read.

•••
Plenty of action in the Beacon space right now. Do a Google news search for "Beacons" and there is much to read.

I hope you are right, I have one in this niche

BeaconCenter.com

•••
dot com's:

B2Bbeacon
BeaconBooking
BeaconOffice
BeaconPhone
BeaconPhones
GameBeacons
RapidBeacon
RapidBeacons
SportBeacon
yBeacons

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
•••
•••
dot com's:

B2Bbeacon
BeaconBooking
BeaconOffice
BeaconPhone
BeaconPhones
GameBeacons
RapidBeacon
RapidBeacons
SportBeacon
yBeacons

Regards,
Vitaliy
i like that haha

•••
•••
I got this name:

Beacons/Tech

Does "S"/Plural kill it or its cool!?

Last edited:
•••
I like the beacon industry, it seems to be growing very rapidly. Got the following domains related to beacons:

BestBeacons
CustomBeacons
CustomizedBeacons

All dot com.

•••
SoundBeacons dot com
OnlineBeacons dot com

Regrds,
Vitaliy

•••
•••
The next trend is not just selling a domain name, but showing your domain name with a perfect logo.
Companies can imagine how well they can setup their brand with that particular domain name.

We have Websites like
brandbucket.com
domainton.com
brandturn.com

to get the domain name along with logo.

•••
Glad to see more news on modular phones. Been sitting on a couple for a while.

•••
The next trend is not just selling a domain name, but showing your domain name with a perfect logo.
Companies can imagine how well they can setup their brand with that particular domain name.

We have Websites like
brandbucket.com
domainton.com
brandturn.com

to get the domain name along with logo.

You may have missed the point of this thread ......future technology

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back