Dynadot

information Newbies Evolution

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Thank God we're all different, and thank God we're all evolving. I accidentally learned about the domain industry 18 months ago, and I've never looked back. For the last 18 months I've probably spent at least 12 hours a day (including weekends) thinking about this industry and executing my thoughts.

Passion and my willingness to share it is one of my strengths. Not everyone likes it, but I get enough encouragement to keep it flowing via My Mantra, "Make Something Happen" that happens to be a domain that I've owned since September of 2001.

I'm inquisitive enough, that I even owned a business named "Inquisitor Investigations" that was a licensed private investigations company in Virginia from 1998 to 2012.

When I arrived here at NP November of 2017, it was only natural for me to question WHY things are done the way they're done in the domain business. In retrospect I think some of my many critics were really trying to help me, but I was defiant believing there had to be a better way. A business management philosophy called TQM (total quality management) from the 70's and 80's taught me there's ALWAYS a better way. This goes hand in hand with a friend of mines philosophy, "if you want to learn something new, read an old book":xf.wink:

With regards to my evolution, when I first arrived on the scene I met online via Linkedin Rob Monster of Epik. He too is somewhat controversial like me:xf.smile: While I had registered maybe a dozen or so .com domains at GD, I learned of what are called new top level domains or nTLD's. I first picked up on .today and I absolutely loved it, and registered 50 or so names like FreePizza.today. I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I registered most of my domains with Epik, and Rob asked me if I was trying to become the king of .today domains? I thought well...hell yeah, figuring I would learn how to sell them later:xf.rolleyes: Then I met another friend Marek Ekhaus aka lol of Prague, and he was already the real king of nTLD's, so I continued for another nine months registering hundreds of nTLD's like .Golf and .Loans domains. I still own what I believe to be some pretty good nTLD's to include about 80 .homes domains which is an extension owned by a registry here in my hometown.

As of today I've evolved into more of a brand guy who has registered mostly .com's even though I still personally luv nTLD's more. Most recently I've registered about 30 names using the keyword/name "Tiger" like BetheTiger™ and TigerJamas™ like PaJamaGrams. More important than all this is that I accidentally (here we go again) ran into someone Tuesday of this week who has the potential to help me explode onto the domain scene.

I'll leave you with this....follow your passion and question everything if you don't understand. And remember, there's
ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back