Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

New Scam targeting Domainer, Be warned

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

premkumar

Top Member
Impact
820
Hi,

Being a domainer, I been target of many scam but some scams stand out & easily you will fall victim to it. I am not talking about appraisal scam, its is as common as mosquitos.

Well today i got a offer for one of my domain for $2000 through efty, the message is:

Hi,

I'm interested in buying this domain. Sorry, my best offer is $2,000 USD.

Thanks,
Kiki

************************************************************************************

If you read careful, he is sorry that he can offer only $2,000 USD for random 6 letter domain, OMG? . My suspicion grow because the email went to spam, though it is from EFTY. I checked efty and it show their an inquiry for that domain. But when i opened the domain its goes to godaddy page. I can recall that I owned the domain but not sure i renewed it. I checked whois, that the domain newly registered yesterday only and I let the domain expired and a new guy from USA registered this just yesterday.

Well is this guy who registered sent this fake offer, so that I buy the domain from him? Its seems so. When i checked efty lead Ip address location with the whois of the domain, both match to same city and state.

look like its a new trend of scamming fellow domainer for quick bug.

I experienced another tricky scam by another domainer, will share it soon.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back