NameSilo

New Scam targeting Domainer, Be warned

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

premkumar

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Being a domainer, I been target of many scam but some scams stand out & easily you will fall victim to it. I am not talking about appraisal scam, its is as common as mosquitos.

Well today i got a offer for one of my domain for $2000 through efty, the message is:

Hi,

I'm interested in buying this domain. Sorry, my best offer is $2,000 USD.

Thanks,
Kiki

************************************************************************************

If you read careful, he is sorry that he can offer only $2,000 USD for random 6 letter domain, OMG? . My suspicion grow because the email went to spam, though it is from EFTY. I checked efty and it show their an inquiry for that domain. But when i opened the domain its goes to godaddy page. I can recall that I owned the domain but not sure i renewed it. I checked whois, that the domain newly registered yesterday only and I let the domain expired and a new guy from USA registered this just yesterday.

Well is this guy who registered sent this fake offer, so that I buy the domain from him? Its seems so. When i checked efty lead Ip address location with the whois of the domain, both match to same city and state.

look like its a new trend of scamming fellow domainer for quick bug.

I experienced another tricky scam by another domainer, will share it soon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back