IT.COM

'New Posts' brings up 8 sections of "forum rules.."

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
When I come into Namepros I immediately go to "New Posts".

For the last few days it immediately brings up 8 sections of moderator Eric's links to forum rules "announcements"..Is this really necessary since it initially takes up about half of my computer screen??

Can this be removed?

Please answer... :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Yes,, if you CLICK through every one of them - one at a time - they seem to disappear.... for now...OK :)

•••
Thanks JB Lions for helping clear that up for mitch007. :great:

The way the system is set up is that it recognizes new or moved announcements / rules as important and moves them to the top of new posts so members can easily be updated to changes and or amendments.

As JB Lion pointed out, you can click on the announcement / rule thread and the system will then remember that you read it and were updated to the amendments. At which time you will no longer see it listed in the new post area anymore.

There's pro's and con's to the way the system does that, however it does help assure that people see the amended announcement / rule updates (or at least to pretend to have read them). lol

:hearts:

•••
Thank you. :) That was a bit annoying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back