IT.COM

New Parking Program - By Domainers for Domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Recently I have been fed up with the low paying parking sponsors such as Sedo and the rest that just lie to us and drop our revenue day by day blaming it on advertiser bids. Some parking sponsors close your account when you are making too much, others don't account for more than half of your traffic or don't have any support team or a support team of 1 person - the owner.

It is TIME FOR A CHANGE. I am going to invest this month's and next month's revenue from my parked domains to create a domaing parking program with suggestions, advice, and ideas by domainers for domainers. When is the last time you seen decent templates that don't look like they were made in 1995 - take DomainSponsor for example. Yes, DomainSponsor may have nice payouts, but CTR will not be as nice as a domain with RevenueDirect, will it? But what about RevenueDirect? Well pay is not great there as it is on DomainSponsor. What about the nice tools with Sedopro and others? Well, it is time to combine all of that to make 1 great service, that has great templates, great payouts, and great tools. And I will make that happen. I will be hiring a template designer to make the best templates, so that they can have the BEST possible CTR. With this parking program I promise to all fellow domainers, there will be no games, no lies, and no excuses.

I am asking other fellow Namepros members to contribute their suggestions/advice for this parking program that they'd like to see. Do you have a unique idea that you always wished Sedopro, or DomainSponsor, or whoever had? Well it is time to contribue that idea below, and I will do everything possible to contribute it in one way or another.

Sound off! :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once setup, I also like to test it.
If good will add on my site.
If you don't have a referal program, you may not get enough domainers.
You can start referal program & offer some 18 months referal revenue same as DS does

•••
cfguru360 said:
So now we are going to be another 2 weeks behind + the time it takes to put everything together.

On the bright side, I have acquired Yahoo feed. :D

Jeez man you wanna start firing some people. If you were given a mid Jan finish date, then mid Feb and now were 2weeks into March and still no word, someone should be lynched... D-:

Cant wait to see what youve done though. Im even more impressed that you bagged a Yahoo feed. That must have taken some doing... :tu: :great:

•••
Well at first I had a set of designers do a 1-click lander and the main site design. Now I'm putting together the subpages for the site and now I am waiting for the designers to finish the 2-click lander page. If I knew I would be getting a Yahoo feed and think it all through from the beginning, then I would have had the 2-click lander by now.

Things are getting a little delayed, but I wasn't expecting any different. Either way, I will be out there sooner or later so just bare with me. ;)

•••
cfguru360 said:
Well at first I had a set of designers do a 1-click lander and the main site design. Now I'm putting together the subpages for the site and now I am waiting for the designers to finish the 2-click lander page. If I knew I would be getting a Yahoo feed and think it all through from the beginning, then I would have had the 2-click lander by now.

Things are getting a little delayed, but I wasn't expecting any different. Either way, I will be out there sooner or later so just bare with me. ;)

Trust me, i'm baring with you,....since most other PPC vendors are...well,...&*&^&@# i'm definitely having my hopes up high for your program.

•••
cfguru360 said:

I wish you good luck with this project...the more options for domainers the better

•••
Matt,

Keep putting in the good work mate.. I look forward to seeing this program in action.. Its been a long up hill task for you but with yahoo in the bag and everything else falling into place all i can say is congrats mate and keep your chin up.. All will fall into place :)

•••
Don't Yahoo require approval on domain names, are strict on where the traffic is obtained, pay less than Google, insist on the type of lander used (1 or 2 click), require approval on the relevancy of keywords, and other stuff like that? At least that was my experience at GoldKey. Sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.

Last edited:
•••
Yahoo pays more than Google on the average for high value keywords, such as insurance, banking, automotive, etc. Yes, they are far more strict than Google, although it does not mean that I am excluding Google. I definetely will be looking to obtain the Google feed within days of the site public release. As a matter of fact, I am quite sure that I will obtain it. It is just a matter of time.

The Yahoo feed (along with the surprises that come with this parking program ;)), will be heaven for generic domain owners of high valued keywords. Yes, we will be using 2-click landers for the most part for the time being.

Non-generic owners will be excluded from the program for the first few days or weeks until Google feed and other feeds are secured. As soon as the Google feed and feeds from third party providers are obtained, I will look over all denied applications and accept all that would work with Google, which is the majority.

I'd like to talk more, but for the safety of domain owners - they will have to wait and experience it themselves.

Stub, why do you think it is a nightmare waiting to happen? Do you rather have Google feed + Yahoo feed secured successfully, or just Google feed? I think this parking program is going in the right direction. ;)

•••
Where/when can I put my application forward?

•••
Well I can only go on my experiences at Goldkey (Yahoo feed) and DomainSponsor (Google feed). At Goldkey, often Yahoo would decide what kind of lander and what keywords were relevant for a domain. Often these were screwy. It would take about 2-4 weeks on average making appeal to their decision (via Goldkey). There were also occasions when domains were rejected which didn't fall within their policy of rejected domains. These also often took quite some time to resolve by appeal. These were often enough occurrences (imho) that I imagined that Goldkey support would be under pressure because of the volume of incidents.

Actually, I liked the Goldkey landers, stats and features, but after I moved from Goldkey (via TrafficZ) to DomainSponsor, I left all those headaches behind and earned approx 3-4 times as much as I was earning at Goldkey (not exactly comparable number of domains). I hate the DS landers however, and I'm simply amazed they always seem to produce good results.

From these experiences, I'd say a Google feed is a better choice, but maybe a choice of feeds would be the best choice of all. I look forward to trying your program.

Last edited:
•••
Having both a Google and Yahoo feed will get you kicked out of both programs. Why do you think that no other programs have both feeds?

Last edited:
•••
Yahoo feed

I asked my rep at ParkingDots why traffic fell off a cliff when using a Yahoo feed she said

Since the implementation of Panama by Y!, if a US advertiser chooses, they can show their ads to foreign IP addresses on parked pages, but the advertisers have to opt-in. And since Y! is our primary feed, we don't have much international traffic.

JMHO unless a domain is virtually 100% North American traffic it is not best served with a Yahoo feed

•••
Awesome awesome awesome.

Hi CFGuru,

:kickass: idea and kudos to you for doing what should have been done a long time ago. We applaud the effort and the group input that you are soliciting.

STDomains has about 260 generic domains (and growing) in its portfolio across various languages, TLDs, uses, keywords, etc. We are DEFINITELY not happy with the current parking programs out there.

We would be proud to be a part of your test client base if you think we would be a good fit and if you think it would help test functionality.

We will PM you with the list of domains next week once we consolidate some acquisitions that are in progress.

Thanks,

STDomains
(P.S. Our team will be away on vacation from 03/15 to 03/20, so please excuse any late replies).

•••
Dear STUB,

Goldkey is no more using Y! feed.

Now they use google only

•••
Thanks for giving back to the community cfguru360. As a newbie domainer and a veteran IT guy its great to see such an active and healthy forum where its users really added to the greater whole.

•••
Cash2Park.com said:
Dear STUB,

Goldkey is no more using Y! feed.

Now they use google only

I wasn't talking about the present. I was talking about my experience with Yahoo! feeds in general, not GoldKey in particular. They're name only came up because they were my bad experience of having a Yahoo! feed, from a publisher pov.

•••
cfguru360,Yahoo feed is really good for US/CA traffics.don't think about Google feed.

Last edited:
•••
I'd like to see landing pages with fresh rss content.

It's so sad to see the pagerank on expired domains drop after a month of parking

•••
I can't wait longer to park my domains with you. ;)

I do some logo designs, so if you don't have a logo for the site yet, I might help. And I'll be quick. I'm just not sure if I'm good enough (see samples of my logo works here: CheapDesign.info).

I would be glad if you could make the revenue payments via Moneybookers, as PayPal is not supported in my country.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
Hey throw us loyalists a bone- :)
Does the OP have a projected date of when the project will be completed?

•••
After a project is delayed by a month or more, it would be nice to get some sort of regular updates. Gets kind of hard for even us high-hopers when timelines aren't addressed.

•••
In what way will these parked domains be different from what is already availalble ?

•••
Advaita, you will find out.

When will you guys find out? This upcoming week. :) B-) ;)

•••
This Week! :kickass: Very much looking forward to it Matt. A lot of people have been looking forward to it actually ;)

•••
Not this week.

This upcoming week. (The next one) ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back