Dynadot

New Parking Program - By Domainers for Domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Recently I have been fed up with the low paying parking sponsors such as Sedo and the rest that just lie to us and drop our revenue day by day blaming it on advertiser bids. Some parking sponsors close your account when you are making too much, others don't account for more than half of your traffic or don't have any support team or a support team of 1 person - the owner.

It is TIME FOR A CHANGE. I am going to invest this month's and next month's revenue from my parked domains to create a domaing parking program with suggestions, advice, and ideas by domainers for domainers. When is the last time you seen decent templates that don't look like they were made in 1995 - take DomainSponsor for example. Yes, DomainSponsor may have nice payouts, but CTR will not be as nice as a domain with RevenueDirect, will it? But what about RevenueDirect? Well pay is not great there as it is on DomainSponsor. What about the nice tools with Sedopro and others? Well, it is time to combine all of that to make 1 great service, that has great templates, great payouts, and great tools. And I will make that happen. I will be hiring a template designer to make the best templates, so that they can have the BEST possible CTR. With this parking program I promise to all fellow domainers, there will be no games, no lies, and no excuses.

I am asking other fellow Namepros members to contribute their suggestions/advice for this parking program that they'd like to see. Do you have a unique idea that you always wished Sedopro, or DomainSponsor, or whoever had? Well it is time to contribue that idea below, and I will do everything possible to contribute it in one way or another.

Sound off! :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DropLister said:
if they are staying at your site, its because youve satisfied their needs. And they have no reason to click your ads.

I disagree. If your site has many links that go to places they are interested in, they will stay on your site for a while and click on various links. My wife has done this on many occasions. One example is when she was looking for wedding favors. She landed on someone's parked page that had a variety of excellent links she just had to check out.

•••
It's been almost 3 months. Is there any news ?

•••
cfguru360 said:
Today I have received my final revision of the landing page design. It looks absolutely fantastic in my opinion. The CTR will definetely be a nice improvement over other parking companies. The design looks very much like a mini-site. It has a search function as well. It will be the domain owner's option if he wants to fill a certain space with ads or with content.

One thing is for certain, there will be alot of flexibility for the owner in terms of the design, content, SEO, etc.

I can't show examples until the site is released. I have payed alot, and I sure wouldn't want anybody to steal my work before-hand. And most importantly, I wouldn't want competitors to see what I am upto. Beta should be early February. I am still on track. The beta will be out depending on how long the second design firm takes to do my business site design.

It will be exclusive for the time being. Development will be rushed at first, so until I develop the right tools to automatically spot cheaters, manual approval it will be.

The minimum revenue share will also be 95%. I am thinking of 100% revenue share in some ways. It is very possible.

cfguru360! I am really looking forward to your new program!!

•••
Gene said:
I disagree. If your site has many links that go to places they are interested in, they will stay on your site for a while and click on various links. My wife has done this on many occasions. One example is when she was looking for wedding favors. She landed on someone's parked page that had a variety of excellent links she just had to check out.
Thats what im saying its about the links, not how pretty the page is. I was just giving the other side of a simple page. Just ask domain sponsor. I dont see it as necessary to trick a visitor into thinking they have visited a developed website.

•••
It is still on-schedule for February! Not February 1st, but somewhere mid-February.

I will update you guys & gals once there is more.

•••
I dont see it as necessary to trick a visitor into thinking they have visited a developed website.
Interesting thoughts.

The lines between mini-stes and developed websites are getting blurrier by the minute...in the consumer's favor. It's beneficial to both parties to have the content / info visitors want...if part of that is by a link that pays money, the visitor doesn't care as long as the content the link leads to is worthwhile. I don't see how supplying the info the visitor wants--for free to them--is a trick. I suppose it's all in how you look at it when designing/creating the page(s)...tricking people into clicking on an ad...or placing an opportunity on the page that allows a visitor easy access to the info sought...and makes the page/site owner a few pennies.

•••
DropLister said:
Thats what im saying its about the links, not how pretty the page is.

Exactly!! search engines are ugly,but full of useful links and we use them for information,not for beauty!

best of luck to the Don!

•••
•••
New window?

When someone clicks on a link will it open in a new window so that when they close the new window they're right back on your page to continue clicking away?

I like that feature on websites (as a user) and can see how it would be invaluble in parked page revenue! :imho:

Smiles across the miles,
Di

•••
We are getting there. Possibly another week or two. :D

PS
Links cannot be opened in new windows. It is against the TOS of the feed provider - usually.

•••
Which feed provider will you be using?

•••
•••
Parking Site

:hi: Although I am new, I have many thousands invested in domains. I am having the same frustrations. I decided over the weekend to do the parking on my own. I am sure with all of the talent here we can do what's best for us- not google and all of the others. There is nothing more disappointing than going to sleep at night than waking up to find out your 800+ domains made .07cents? :$: I will stay in touch. Jerry

•••
I seriously can't wait Matt! ;)

•••
•••
How To Find and Signup?

How will we know when you have gone "live"? How will we find and signup for your new parking service?

Are you looking for beta testers?

•••
With the current parking situations, you're the light at the end of a VERY long and frustrating tunnel.

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
How will we know when you have gone "live"? How will we find and signup for your new parking service?

Are you looking for beta testers?

Im sure he will post when its live :)

•••
He's probably bumping heads with the development firm...they are always late....but they always want their money on time.

•••
verbster, not all clients are paying on time. But they all want their job done on time.

•••
Verbster is right. Development firms are slow. I paid for a 2 click lander design, this was part 2 that I had to squeeze in, now I found out designer took a break for 2 weeks!? The manager says that it is the only designer that could be assigned to the project.

So now we are going to be another 2 weeks behind + the time it takes to put everything together.

On the bright side, I have acquired Yahoo feed. :D

•••
cfguru360 said:
On the bright side, I have acquired Yahoo feed. :D

Well, now that is a feat....

Are you also an alchemist?

•••
•••
Is this new parking project still going ahead? I'd be interested to try it out when you go live.

•••
If my domains will survive the ordeal at Registerfly, I'll parked some at your site :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back