NameSilo

new gtlds New gTLDs are DEAD!! Frank Schilling drops 230,000 new gTLD domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People are pointing out facts. Major investor is dropping "premiums" hoping others will pay renewals.

•••
My suggestion is hold only the real best ...for the best moment.

Good suggestion...

Decent name will not often sell, because there are so many reg-fee-alternatives out there.

•••
Mike Mann one of the biggest investors in domains, says new gtlds are complete crap and only idiots will invest in them. Domainers who already bought them know its a scam pyramid , but trying to suck others in this total scam.

•••
Mike Mann one of the biggest investors in domains, says new gtlds are complete crap and only idiots will invest in them. Domainers who already bought them know its a scam pyramid , but trying to suck others in this total scam.

You are over reacting.

•••
Reasons why never to invest in new gtlds
1. Renewal fees can change at any time ( Can't happen with dot coms)
2. Extension can go bankrupt can u lose all your domains ( cant happen to dot coms)
3. Unlimited inventory ( cant happen to good dot coms)
4. Big 500 fortune companies do not use new gtlds (they all use dot coms)
5. New gtlds are very confusing!!! Its terrible for end users ( does not happen to dot coms)

•••
I do not want newbies and uneducated investors to lose their money with new gtlds. I care about my fellow domainers!!

•••
Domainers do not have any advantages over endusers when it comes to new gtlds. Most endusers can find better new gtlds on their own!! They can not do the same with dot coms! Its simple law of supply and demand!! NEW GTLDS made unlimited supply with limited demand!!

•••
I do not want newbies and uneducated investors to lose their money with new gtlds. I care about my fellow domainers!!

I think you care about your own money.

And why all this big letters. Are you screaming or something?

Last edited:
•••
Yes I think everyone should follow my example and care about their own money!! This way they will not get sucked into pyramids.

•••
Yes I think everyone should follow my example and care about their own money!! This way they will not get sucked into pyramids.

Do you even have any experience from buying and selling new gTLDs?

•••
I think we can have a survey on new gtlds and easily find out that 90% of domainers lost money. I think its more important to concentrate on domain community than few individuals.

•••
Ok, I am out of here, I will now continue search for .COMs AND new gTLDs...

Happy domaining!

•••
Good luck I hope do well with both, but it will be a lot easier with dot coms!

•••
There are a lot (A LOT!) of domainers losing money with .COM or .NET, and it happens mostly when they don't do their homeworks.

New gTLDs are quite useless, i'd say 99% of gTLDs domains registered are useless and not valuable, however there is that 1% of domains with some kind of value, and maybe it worths keeping them for few time.

Personally, i invest a pair of dozens of dollars, just using promotional codes or during happy hours on some registrars, and even developed few sites on them.

But i don't expect to sell these domains for anything more than $xx .

•••
•••
Yeah yeah. Another ngTLD bashing thread.
Yeah :)
1. I really have some wonderings about the real purpose. Is it to warn other forum members, or is it to just bash and get people buy your names (crazy 7N or 5L .COM combinations) again? Like they used to?
There is no conspiracy theory imo. We are not making the news, only reporting on them. When FS is dropping names en masse it is significant. Or not. I don't think it's going to change his business model at all, but the inflated registration counts are now going to look a bit more genuine. They currently don't reflect actual demand at all, they paint a very distorted view of the reality of new extensions. Ask Mr Negari, he knows that :)

2. How in the earth can people who don't own new gTLDs (or just a few bad ones) know how easy or hard it is to sell them? Is that really your "expertise"? Only a fragment of sales are reported to Namebio, Dnpric.es and so on.
I personally have not bought any so that's why I rely on a. reported sales and b. feedback from successful sellers like yourself. I'm saying this seriously and not trolling, you're the only here selling new extensions on a regular basis. But I'm wondering why so few people are having repeated success.
Of course the reported sales are the tip of the iceberg, we know that. But it applies to other extensions as well. .com sales are under-reported too.
I am a non-smoker but I know that cigarettes will cause harm to my health. I prefer to learn from the mistakes of others, rather than make their mistakes.

The reported sales indicate that the registry is almost always the registry. That tells you something. Domainers should really ponder this for a while.

3. I think I own about 600 new gTLDs and as I have dropped the most expensive ones, the average renewal fee should be around 15 bucks for now. I have no problem with finding buyers and believe me, I do not do it actively. About 50% are sold at BIN via SEDO or Afternic. The rest is via my own webpage.
I think it's because you chose the names very carefully. What works in .com often will not work in new extensions. Unfortunately many extensions leave few opportunities to domainers because the best keywords are reserved or flagged as premium. There is no level playing field really. Of course it varies from one extension to another.

PS: when I said that registries are printing money for nothing, it's almost true but not 100%. They are paying an icann fee on each reg if I'm not wrong. So FS is either:
  • trying to save on those fees
  • releasing domains that people will maybe be able to buy for a regfee, because they aren't paying premium price anyway
There are only economic considerations.

•••
Well ntld haters show us your "premium" .coms

•••
This is why Frank Schilling is dropping 230,000 New gTLD domains
First of all Frank Schilling is not REALLY dropping 230,000 domain names. These are his registry’s domains. Everyone that registers one will pay Uniregistry a fee. Frank Schilling is expanding his sales channel from just a parked page to hundreds of registrars and also reducing his overhead cost. You can’t beat that.

He is actually moving from one (failed?) registry model to another. If you say he is dropping the domains it is like saying the Donuts registry dropped all their domain names. They didn’t. They just released all domains and put a premium registration/renewal price on them.
http://onlinedomain.com/2016/09/19/...k-schilling-dropping-230000-new-gtld-domains/

•••
•••
He can't sell them and he's trying to unload them with premium renewals on regular folks. They never asked nor wanted ntlds.

56494_b5163acb145f3b9e0d131484528e9896.png

Last edited:
•••
I think we can have a survey on new gtlds and easily find out that 90% of domainers lost money.
Wow really ?
They must all be short time investors who expected to sell their .Diet .Link .Help .Christmas .Hosting .Blackfriday .Hiphop names before 1st year renewal.

•••
•••
•••
I'm teasing ya, you know that :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back