IT.COM

new gtlds New gTLDs are DEAD!! Frank Schilling drops 230,000 new gTLD domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The thing people do not get. Even if new gtlds will succeed by some miracle, they will FAIL DOMAINERS. They will pump up renewal fees at any time ( Thats a complete scam by the way) There is NO WAY for domainers to make money with them because renewal fees can go up 10000000 times at any time!
In my eyes, unless the viewing public suddenly develops an awareness and recognition of all the new gltds, buying & selling them is just going to be a game of "hot potato" or "musical chairs" as they fail one by one.

As the saying goes, I don't have to out run the bear, I just need to out run you.

Last edited:
•••
I knew something was wrong when I saw .ooo and .airforce .army .dogs .horse .anything that shouldn't be an extension...

Confusion pic pics photograhy picture pictures

Too many crap supplies to pick from... I'm out of here lol

•••
The new gtds killed their own market by doing the following.
1. Scamming domainers by taking domains back and making them premium. ( after they were registered already)
2. Making insane renewal fees.
3. Changing renewal fees anytime they want. ( Should be illegal and complete scam)
4. Keeping best inventory back ( screwing domainers completely)
5. Registering their own domains and giving them away for free ( another scam to pump up numbers of registrations)
END RESULT
NOT ONE DOMAINER MADE MONEY OFF NEW GTLDS. Thousands lost their SHIRT!@

•••
Why would enduser ever by NEW GTLD from DOMAINER??? That will never happen.
They will ever choose from 1k extensions and million of choices or buy directry from registry!
Domainers will always be screwed with new gtlds. Lets boycott this scam once and for ALL

•••
5 offers in less a year? Tell me more. Every week I get a couple offers via Sedo, most are lowballs.
Yes, I had 5 offers in less than a year; it is very true. And it's also true I all turned them down. I could of make money for those offers, but I declined. I never recieved offer on Sedo. I think Sedo parking is old and zero appeals.

•••
They will ever choose from 1k extensions and million of choices or buy directry from registry!
Domainers will always be screwed with new gtlds. Lets boycott this scam once and for ALL
Don't buy till it gets to $8 or $.99!

•••
They will sell it for .99 cents and then make it $1500 renewal if its a good one. So you will get penalized for finding great domains!

•••
Registries may not have the same strategy on how they could profits from each extension. But their overall mission is to profits as much as they can; and in hopes of staying that way.

•••
They will sell it for .99 cents and then make it $1500 renewal if its a good one. So you will get penalized for finding great domains!
It happens. And I don't agree to this kind of practice.

A great example, they missed a supposed to be considered a premuim domain and you found it then you registered it; then after registering they want it back because it is supposed to be a premuim name. This kind of practice should be illegal. It's qualified for false advertisement. I know it is.

•••
I don't think an end user would care if who is the owner of a great name they like to purshased. Remember many domainers can up with great names. Domainers are creative and thinkers....

•••
They cant do it in dot com! You can find amazing name for 99 cents and you pay regular renewal fees.!

•••
Keep in mind new gTLDs vs old. In general, old stuff =depreciate its value.
.com still have the so called premium. One word, one character, two characters 3.charcters etc.. Once the new become old etc... They will eventually catch up on the other older once... pricing wise. Prices are mostly govern by market up and down activities. Supply and demand has played major part of this price controls.

Last edited:
•••
Keep in mind new gTLDs vs old. In general, old stuff =depreciate its value.
.com still have the so called premium. One word, one character, two characters 3.charcters etc.. Once the new become old etc... They will eventually catch up on the other older once... pricing wise. Prices are mostly govern by market up and down activities. Supply and demand has played major part of this price controls.

That's why I am dropping my .com to invest in .mobi and .tel! They are aged :O

•••
Fill in the following,
Tld is to new gtld, as
Gold is to "?" Gold.

? = 90% of people.

•••
That's why I am dropping my .com to invest in .mobi and .tel! They are aged :O
I think I have one .mobi, but not .tel. I only buy names that will make sense and can be used physical and actively. I think this way is really productive.

•••
GTLD.WTF seems to work across the dot :-D

•••
Sharpen your gut through experience, then follow it. Every time.

•••
•••
"Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable." Coco Chanel

•••
I wouldn't say that the new gltds are dead. Some might be useless, but after all domain names are part of human language and that changes and evolves. This happens not so fast though, but modern communication can speed up this process. Also it's a matter of marketing and trends. There is of course never a guarantee, but I don't see it as negative as some here. A problem of course is (and this has already been mentioned) that most of the new gltds are way to expensive.

•••
Frank Schilling drops 230,000 new gTLD domains

where i can find the list?

•••
I do not know one person who made money off new gtlds, but tons of people lost money already
Tons of people (i.e. practically every domainer) has lost money on .coms

I think there is potential in the new domains but have never said you could make a quick killing on them. It will take some time for people to get used to them.

I think it would be foolish to give up completely on them.

•••
Yeah yeah. Another ngTLD bashing thread.

1. I really have some wonderings about the real purpose. Is it to warn other forum members, or is it to just bash and get people buy your names (crazy 7N or 5L .COM combinations) again? Like they used to?

2. How in the earth can people who don't own new gTLDs (or just a few bad ones) know how easy or hard it is to sell them? Is that really your "expertise"? Only a fragment of sales are reported to Namebio, Dnpric.es and so on.

3. I think I own about 600 new gTLDs and as I have dropped the most expensive ones, the average renewal fee should be around 15 bucks for now. I have no problem with finding buyers and believe me, I do not do it actively. About 50% are sold at BIN via SEDO or Afternic. The rest is via my own webpage.

Last edited:
•••
Still... New gTLDs are no gold mine that will you rich in a few month. All these extensions have caused inflation on the domain market and that effects the whole business, including "old" TLDs.

Personally, I can understand that this is making domainers upset and worried.

•••
IMO real good and short names, ngtlds or not, if they can add branding and authority value to the end user, will always have inquires and soon or later the name value will pay you off.

My suggestion is hold only the real best ...for the best moment.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back