IT.COM

New Epik Single Sign On

NameSilo
Watch
I tried to login to Epik - but its redirecting to federatedidentity.com
Not sure if its safe to login from this URL?
I landed into this - while approving Afternic Fast Transfer

upload_2020-7-21_21-17-4.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Epik has been doing system upgrades.

•••
It's a new log in

Was there any Official update on this?
My concern is that its redirecting to a third party URL and not epik.com
We need to be careful considering the latest twitter hack.

@Sufyan Alani - Any official word on this?

Last edited:
•••
I also redid my autologin a week or two ago. Maybe you haven't been going back to your account? They sent out an email saying they're adding multiple new features.

•••
•••
Was there any Official update on this?
My concern is that its redirecting to a third party URL and not epik.com
We need to be careful considering the latest twitter hack.

Yes...I would not have confirmed it was legit otherwise. Now you only have to log in once to access all their products.

•••
federatedidentity.com is legit, for Epik, discussed several times here on NP by Rob and other Epik staff
e.g.

Epik just deployed our new authorization system with SSO (single sign on). The page you are taken to is 100% safe and as soon as you sign in using your Epik credentials, you will be taken to your dashboard like normal.

If you encounter any issues, please reach out to Support at Epik.com and supply your account PIN # so a Support rep can review and assist you. Thanks!

•••
I received a mail.

Also, @Rob Monster has been hinting at changes coming.

Last edited:
•••
Also, I'm now careful to always check my afternic account to verify the domains requested are actually in my afternic account. Sometimes names are added by other users or perhaps previously listed on afternic before you acquired them.

Since you clicked on the link in the email, the page is not the same as your usual Epik login. The auto login probably doesn’t recognize the different domain.

Last edited:
•••
From Robert Davis @Epik.com

Good day,

As a courtesy I wanted to give you advanced notice that over the next 48 hours Epik will be upgrading its security and login system to a new platform we call Federated Identity.

Your login and password will remain the same, but the update will improve our overall security and legendary site performance even further. With the planned addition of many new Epik products over 2020 and the coming year, Federated Identity will ensure that you can benefit from Single Sign On access across every service within the Epik Universe.

Our website and domain management tools will remain the same, but you may notice a new sign in page as of next week. I’ve attached a sneak peek of what it will look like, so that it will not surprise you post-transition when you log in to your account. If you have any difficulties signing in, please just let us know.

While I am contacting you, I wanted to also give you an update on a few Epik elements that may be beneficial to your future domain investing and sales performance.

Epik Landers for the Win

First I wanted to share this recent video tutorial we created on setting up custom landing pages, as it is loaded with tips, tricks, and some solid industry insights to help maximize conversion rates. So many domain investors are dumping their traffic into marketplaces that cross-sell against them at every junction, the smartest thing that can be done is to take control of their own representation. Whether that is using one landing style, multiple themes, or setting up individual pages to customize the messaging and visuals. As a domain investor with an extensive portfolio you may really enjoy this:

Faster Payment Processing Leads to More Sales

One of our added Epik advantages is also our 24/7 support team for securing sales, validating buyers, and authenticating payment. Domaining can be a tough business, as buyers can quickly change direction if a transaction is not closed at the initial point of interest. It is why networks like DAN, Sedo, and even GoDaddy can have payment failures as high as 80%, as the choice to not service sales in the evenings, or to put off transactions over a weekend, ultimately compounds the chance that the buyer may change their mind. It is why Epik focuses on legendary service, provides sales support 7 days a week 24 hours a day, and ultimately sees most transactions closed and paid out often within a single day from start to finish.

The Epik Difference and Premium Services Division

I had wanted to also send over an introduction on our new media agency and outreach team at Epik. Our CEO Rob Monster has been investing heavily into integrating both a full service ad agency and a public relations arm into Epik. With the systems and talent we now have in place, we can provide powerful resources to our friends that no other registrar or brokerage service comes even close to providing. We are able to use our deep marketing backgrounds to drive new levels of premium sales, in part by coupling intelligent names with campaign strategies to maximize application value. Through our upgraded market intelligence platforms, we also receive requests for creative brand submissions as they are issued daily among more than 14,000 network partners.

With this in mind, I have attached the PDF we refer to as “The Epik Difference”. It is only three pages, but it should provide insight into our operating strategies and sales philosophies for market positioning. On page three, you will find nine showcase promos and video links for some of the incredible domains we are introducing over the coming month. If you get ten minutes to watch them, they should be very entertaining, and may be beneficial for ideas given your investments and creativity within the industry. We expect to release roughly 300 flagship names over the course of 2020, and I am excited as we get to see the interest already being generated.

New Industry Classification System for Ad Agency Integration

Beyond the super premiums, Epik is also opening up amazing opportunities through new ad agency partners for us to pitch domain names that are messaging-based and campaign orientated, with a high success rate in the $15k-$65k range. Internally we are working on a new classification system (attached), so that we can project entire catalogs across 400 popular industry sectors and consumer interests. This further enhances our ability to make rapid agency recommendations, and the illustration enclosed of the unique categories will give you an idea of our market-based approach. I have no doubt that you will have names able to benefit from the coming system.

There is a lot going on at Epik, and I am thoroughly convinced there is no better place to be. For whatever opportunities may rise for our cooperative efforts together, know that we are only ever one phone call or email away. We truly love to help where and how we can. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wanted any positioning ideas or market routes for specific names.

Thankful for the opportunity to share this, and hope you have an Epik day.

All the best,

Robert Davis | SVP Strategy & Communications

•••
I received an email from Robert Davis on July 17th about the new changes coming to EPIK....

•••
For some reason - I never got any email from Epik in regards to this. I do regularly clean my Spam folder so didnt miss it there.
However I do get expiring domains notice from them.

I was auto-logged into my browser - so never came to this new login page until I wanted to authorize fast transfer.

•••
I got email in my InBox on July 17th from Epik.com about the changes.

Last edited:
•••
Anybody who is not receiving emails from Epik should whitelist them in their mail system. This is because of:

X-Spam-Report:
* 9.0 KAM_BODY_URIBL_PCCC Body contains URI listed in PCCC URIBL
* (https://raptor.pccc.com/RBL)
* [URIs: epik.com]
* 3.0 KAM_FROM_URIBL_PCCC RBL: From address listed in PCCC URIBL
* (https://raptor.pccc.com/RBL)
* [listed in epik.com.wild.pccc.com. IN]

The above is copy-paste from SpamAssassin-added header (SpamAssassin is a popular anti-spam plugin widely used by various mail systems). This alone generates spam score of 12 which means that the emails from Epik are going to directly to spam folders where they are autodeleted very quickly. This "raptor pccc" blacklisted Epik by some reason, and so the deliverability of any emails from Epik is, as a matter of fact, very poor at this time. Epik, on the other hand, might want to make sure that new customers (such as marketplace buyers), who did not yet whitelist Epik, would not be affected by this. Some other branding may be helpful here, what else?

•••
Apparently not everyone got the memo about the new Single Sign On (SSO).

- Newsletter general notice of upcoming upgrades

- Some targeted emails were sent to largest accounts by Rob Davis

- Social media notice

The new login is a really exciting development. You can check out some of the great new tools that are now connected through this SSO;

- Epik.com: Registrar and Host
- Masterbucks.com: Cloud wallet for domain investors
- Anonymize.com: VPN and WHOIS privacy proxy
- NameLiquidate.com: Domain liquidation marketplace
- DomainEquity.com: Peer to peer Domain Lending
- DNProtect.com: Domain Risk Scoring and Insurance
- DNEncrypt.com: Intermediate Root Certificate Authority for SSL/TLS
- WHOQ.com: Universal WHOIS registry
- TrustRatings.com: Rating and review service

Other goodies:

- PetitionBook.com: Online petitions
- SignDeck.com: Digital signature service

You can follow the developments here - not all of them are fully rolled out or SSO but something rather empowering is happening and we are excited about it.

https://www.epik.com/about/labs/

Some of these projects will be looking for full-time product managers -- basically CEOs of their respective business units. However, they are all services of Epik and all being enabled to interoperate.

We think it will improve your user experience a lot and welcome your feedback.

•••
Everyone,

Since @Rob Monster has cleared up the SSO that we've recently implemented, I'd like to add here that I've wrote an article on how to use the new Masterbucks website.

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/using-masterbucks/

We're very excited with this launch and I hope you are as well because there is a lot more to come. We're only starting now.

If any of you has any doubts when it comes to using Masterbucks, please drop me a PM and I'll do my best to assist you.

Any feedback on the guide is greatly appreciated as well.

•••
Everyone,

Since @Rob Monster has cleared up the SSO that we've recently implemented, I'd like to add here that I've wrote an article on how to use the new Masterbucks website.

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/using-masterbucks/

We're very excited with this launch and I hope you are as well because there is a lot more to come. We're only starting now.

If any of you has any doubts when it comes to using Masterbucks, please drop me a PM and I'll do my best to assist you.

Any feedback on the guide is greatly appreciated as well.

It shows as a password protected page for me.

•••
•••
•••
epik dont work well on firefox, same before and now...

•••
@Rob Monster - Just had to sign in to the new system. I am building my site and although it lets me 'build' I have suddenly become unable to publish it, the system just freezes at about 10% into "building website". I have not had this problem before.

Is there an update happening or something that is preventing me from publishing? (I had no bother working on the old system this morning and this afternoon.)

•••
@Rob Monster - Just had to sign in to the new system. I am building my site and although it lets me 'build' I have suddenly become unable to publish it, the system just freezes at about 10% into "building website". I have not had this problem before.

Is there an update happening or something that is preventing me from publishing? (I had no bother working on the old system this morning and this afternoon.)
Sorry about that, can you please contact our support team once with exact problem for quick resolution. Our tech team will try to find out actual issue and fix this.

Thanks,
Sumeeth

•••
epik dont work well on firefox, same before and now...
Hi @davidc1 , You mean you have issue with Federated identity login page with Firefox or normal Epik screens also not working..

Meanwhile we suggest to use chrome until your issue gets fixed.

•••
I asked the team how to add and delete external domains using the api but they did not answer correctly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back