Domain Empire

New at DNJournal.com: The Dwayne Rowland & Exody Story

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A new cover story has just been posted at Domain Name Journal that all Exody users (and those considering their service) should find interesting:

Farmer Feeds the World With Domain Data: The Dwayne Rowland & Exody Story

It's about a Georgia farmboy who started writing computer programs in the 1960's (when they ran on vacuum tubes instead of microchips!), then went on to start a variety of innovative businesses, including a data service relied on by domain name pros all over the world today.

You've heard about Silicon Valley, now it's time to learn about the Silicon Swamp - a remote southern farm that is home to mules, horses, chickens, peacocks, ATV's, the Rowland family and a domain industry household name - Exody. Hope you enjoy it!.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks much, Duke!
Look forward to the read while I'm on vacation later this week. :)

•••
great article. interesting guy Dwayne Rowland... I would have never guessed about being a farmer and having a computer bank on a 64 acre farm. I wish I had his 2 character domains too :P

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
great article. interesting guy Dwayne Rowland... I would have never guessed about being a farmer and having a computer bank on a 64 acre farm. I wish I had his 2 character domains too :P

Me too. I offered to give him a stack of reprints of the article in exchange for some of his 2-character domains, but he wouldn't go for it. :D

•••
lol duke

offer him a permanent front page picture :D

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
lol duke

offer him a permanent front page picture :D

Are you crazy? Dwayne is a great guy and all but did you see that mug? I don't want to scare all of the readers away!

(Dwayne if you stumble across this thread, just kidding - you're a handsome devil!) :)

•••
Dwayne is a true industry professional with a great story. Nice work Duke!

•••
Great article Duke - Dwayne is the real deal -

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back