Domain Empire

Network Solutions $1 .com up to 5 domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EGENIUS1

Established Member
Impact
Find Your Perfect Domain Name for $1.00/yr "This promotional pricing is valid for up to five (5), one-year domain name registrations. Service will automatically renew until feature is cancelled. Current renewal is $38.00/year."

Anyone have experience with Network Solutions, good or bad??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone worried they might use something in their fine print and possibly charge the full amount later if we reg more than 5 domains? Currently at 11.

•••
•••
•••
Anyone worried they might use something in their fine print and possibly charge the full amount later if we reg more than 5 domains? Currently at 11.
They could always charge any excess under "error to be fixed"

As it stands, my understanding is that the fine print already means that you have to pay full price for a second years registration and failing to do that means you will be charged the full 1st years registration.

So as far as they are concerned, you exceeding the maximum is good for them, because either you pay the full second year on them all...or get charged a full year anyway.

So either way, you have a sizable bill for your 11 domains in a year.

•••

As it stands, my understanding is that the fine print already means that you have to pay full price for a second years registration and failing to do that means you will be charged the full 1st years registration.

So as far as they are concerned, you exceeding the maximum is good for them, because either you pay the full second year on them all...or get charged a full year anyway.

I don't think that's 100% true. I had some names in my account from last year that were in a promo (free btw) and never got charged when I decided to drop most of them.

I'll check the fine print later though to see what it says in detail for myself.

•••
So do i get it right, that i need to use new card / new paypal for every new account? Used all my cards and paypal accs, it seems it doesnt let me use them another time...

•••
But the transfer isn't completed yet. I will post here again when I finalize the deal.
Transfers are completed now, the names are with the client (y)

Tbh I was afraid to click on the cancel links to try and speed them up. If someone has some knowledge to share on speeding up the xfers, it would be great.

•••
Clicking on cancel link will speed up transfer couple days, i was told on phone. If you click approve Cant remember exact times of name i transferred out. It is deceptive for sure.

•••

No thats not correct if you drop them they wont charge you anything most people will remove there card details anyway....

•••
Hey can anyone tell me is this same for you too..

I changed my DNS in bulk at NetSol...and received email updates for individually for each name... I received 100+ emails in matter of minutes..

Of course all those are shown in a thread format in Gmail...

I just want to know is this common for everyone?
I don't think I saw the same for other registrars..

Thanks

•••
Hey can anyone tell me is this same for you too..

I changed my DNS in bulk at NetSol...and received email updates for individually for each name... I received 100+ emails in matter of minutes..

Of course all those are shown in a thread format in Gmail...

I just want to know is this common for everyone?
I don't think I saw the same for other registrars..

Thanks
I also received one email for each domain when bulk changing DNS. So I guess it's normal.

•••
Transfers are completed now, the names are with the client (y)

Tbh I was afraid to click on the cancel links to try and speed them up. If someone has some knowledge to share on speeding up the xfers, it would be great.
How long is the transfer 5 days ?

•••
I also received one email for each domain when bulk changing DNS. So I guess it's normal.

Thanks..

Just wanted to know..

It worked..that's all matters ;)

•••

That is not true people got way more than him of the $1 domains and are transferring out no charge no problem.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I don't get it..

how can they be offering offering thousands of .com registrations for $1 each.. to basically unlimited people in unlimited quantities.. with absolutely no catch.. when no one else is doing it.. and when netsol is not really known for being the most generous registrar in the world..

I mean ... the obvious answers are:

1- its a bug they are not aware of. I think we've all seen that with that free transfer .com coupon a year ago or so.. that was only supposed to work for private invite people. what a mess that was. I think they ended up charging some people full price for those transfers.

2- there is some catch.. like $20 trandfer out fee or can't turn off renewals or what not..

any thoughts on this? I mean we are basically talking about #1 most problematic registrar as per namepros members reviews.. so the saying ... if too good to be true.. should probably apply even more to #1 worst reviewed registrar..

Last edited:
•••
I don't get it..

how can they be offering offering thousands of .com registrations for $1 each.. to basically unlimited people in unlimited quantities.. with absolutely no catch.. when no one else is doing it.. and when netsol is not really known for being the most generous registrar in the world..

I mean ... the obvious answers are:

1- its a bug they are not aware of. I think we've all seen that with that free transfer .com coupon a year ago or so.. that was only supposed to work for private invite people. what a mess that was. I think they ended up charging some people full price for those transfers.

2- there is some catch.. like $20 trandfer out fee or can't turn off renewals or what not..

any thoughts on this? I mean we are basically talking about #1 most problematic registrar as per namepros members reviews.. so the saying ... if too good to be true.. should probably apply even more to #1 worst reviewed registrar..

Could be a numbers game on year 2 oopsies... so for every name they sold for $1 they can cover losses on 4 more names in year 2 at their outrageous renewal prices (this example is for .com regs) - one year 2 renewal = 5 at cost.

Not only that but not everyone can register these for $1. Only seems certain people and situations are allowing it. Probably only a few here got more than 100 names because of the time it takes to reg and change NS, disable auto-renewal, etc.

•••
Could be a numbers game on year 2 oopsies... so for every name they sold for $1 they can cover losses on 4 more names in year 2 at their outrageous renewal prices (this example is for .com regs) - one year 2 renewal = 5 at cost.

Not only that but not everyone can register these for $1. Only seems certain people and situations are allowing it. Probably only a few here got more than 100 names because of the time it takes to reg and change NS, disable auto-renewal, etc.

yes true.. I agreee this could be an oopsie game of numbers for them like you say.. but at same time.. it's a game any registrar could be playing.. and yet.. they are not..

I have an accnt with currently no names there.. so I just went to try 5 testnames with the link.. and it does show them at $1 each.. clicking paypal takes me to pp login screen.. so maybe I'll give it all a try when I have some stuff to reg... in next few days... I guess there is a chance paypal won't work as some people said it didn't work for them either.. I'll see.

but generally speaking.. the saying.. if too good to be true.. rarely fails in life. :)

•••
well.. so much for all the fuss for me.. I just tried to checkout with paypal and get the red eror message...

what does this mean? promo over or what? what do you do in these cases? you just call them up and ask to process order on phone? did it work for you when u called them?

or is it like first time thing only when they validate you? cause this would be my first transaction ever with them.

I mean this kind of message doesn't really strike me as related to a certain promo.. more like a general failure message.. possibly for first time checkouts or such.. thoughts?

yhuiyuiyuiy.JPG

Last edited:
•••
well.. so much for all the fuss for me.. I just tried to checkout with paypal and get the red eror message...

what does this mean? promo over or what? what do you do in these cases? you just call them up and ask to process order on phone? did it work for you when u called them?

or is it like first time thing only when they validate you? cause this would be my first transaction ever with them.

I mean this kind of message doesn't really strike me as related to a certain promo.. more like a general failure message.. possibly for first time checkouts or such.. thoughts?

Show attachment 103812

I think this has happened to all of us at one point, for some it doesn't work ever and for others it will work randomly. I've had this error then it worked fine later on the same day or even next day.

•••
I think this has happened to all of us at one point, for some it doesn't work ever and for others it will work randomly. I've had this error then it worked fine later on the same day or even next day.

ah ok thanks
you used paypal also right?

so it will either start working randomly or not? or calling in to fix it solves the issue? usually whne errors like this happen.. dotster etc.. you call in and they fix it...

I thought the message in red kinda suggested that if you keep trying and getting failures it may result in some more permanent disabling.. of account or otherwise.. but if you say its ok to try then I guess I'll try :)

•••
ah ok thanks
you used paypal also right?

so it will either start working randomly or not? or calling in to fix it solves the issue? usually whne errors like this happen.. dotster etc.. you call in and they fix it...

I thought the message in red kinda suggested that if you keep trying and getting failures it may result in some more permanent disabling.. of account or otherwise.. but if you say its ok to try then I guess I'll try :)

Used a CC, never called.

•••
so its monday and I decided to give ns a call about the error payment I'm getting above...

they literally said its not on their end.. and it happens a lot for fist time transaction.. and I need to call paypal about it.. from past experienes... this usually spells I'm getting a run around and pp will tell me to call ns.

so just wanted ask.. has anyone here who had this general payment issue actually found that calling pp or their card company has resolved this problem?

thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back