Dynadot

advice Nervous for interest in my domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dosebuy

Page: Dosebuy.com Twitter: @dosebuyEstablished Member
Impact
Hello!

Only been two weeks in the business i feel like I have learned alot in a short time. All thanks to this forum. M new domains are clearat better then the first ones I regged. Now luck has it that there is some interest in my TheAutoDriver.com domain and the party interested is looking for a price. Since I never have made a sale im unsure how high I can go. Not looking for an appraisal here ( you can give one if you want), just some general advice what to think about going into the actual sell-phase. Because Im pretty nervous.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
was it incoming inquiry or did you solicit the party?

when you solicit, you should have price in mind, before hand

for incoming inquiries, ask what you think it's worth to replace it from your list

either way, be prepared and act like you've done it before...even if you haven't

imo...

Last edited:
•••
was it incoming inquiry or did you solicit the party?

when you solicit, you should have price in mind, before hand

for incoming inquiries, ask what you think it's worth to replace it from your list

either way, be prepared and act like you've done it before...even if you haven't

imo...

I have an auction up on Sedo. But I got approached via mail. Haha, I will try to act confident.

•••
I have an auction up on Sedo. But I got approached via mail. Haha, I will try to act confident.

Since you say you're new to domaining, be careful. Make sure it's a legit inquiry and not someone who just scrapped the WHOIS to send you an 'appraisal scam' email.

•••
Since you say you're new to domaining, be careful. Make sure it's a legit inquiry and not someone who just scrapped the WHOIS to send you an 'appraisal scam' email.
Yeah, those guys always KNOW new entrants, which is majorly their prey!

•••

if the name is in auction, then you have to honor that first, and/or have the person who emailed you bid at that auction.

imo....

•••
good luck, hope its a great sale!

•••
if the name is in auction, then you have to honor that first, and/or have the person who emailed you bid at that auction.

imo....

Thats true. I will tell them that instead! Good point.

•••
I noticed your reserve is 25K.

I would keep the conversation going and try to let them make the first offer by email.

You have no bids on sedo yet so you could always opt to cancel the auction and set a bin on sedo or DAN.

Anyway, try to investigate the buyer. My best guess is it's a domainer trying to buy it from you.

•••
•••
if that's true, then reserve won't be met

imo...

Yeah, Im aware of that. But just putting it out there on a showcase and auction so people can see it. If someone see that its a good fit for their business they will snatch it. But I dont have my hopes up.

•••
I noticed your reserve is 25K.

I would keep the conversation going and try to let them make the first offer by email.

You have no bids on sedo yet so you could always opt to cancel the auction and set a bin on sedo or DAN.

Anyway, try to investigate the buyer. My best guess is it's a domainer trying to buy it from you.

Yeah, I will. Thanks for your tip!

•••
Yeah, Im aware of that. But just putting it out there on a showcase and auction so people can see it. If someone see that its a good fit for their business they will snatch it. But I dont have my hopes up.

I doubt anyone willl buy it at 25K. I'd lower the reserve so you don't scare people off. They won't put in offers if there's no point in doing so.

•••
I doubt anyone willl buy it at 25K. I'd lower the reserve so you don't scare people off. They won't put in offers if there's no point in doing so.

Yeah, thats my plan afterwards. I can not do it while the auction is running though.

•••
Yeah, thats my plan afterwards. I can not do it while the auction is running though.

Great. Good luck with the sale. If you end up selling it to your lead let us know.

•••
You are getting good advice generally but really - don't post the name of the domain you are negotiating a sale for here on the forum. It is not wise at all.

•••
Have you checked that it is not an "appriasal certificate" scam. Please look that up before you go forward.

•••
Thank you for all your advice in this thread.
It was a serious and very polite buyer. Didnt quite get my asking price (25 000) so we never came to an agreement. Got an offer in mid x.xxx but I did not accept. Maybe unwise and something I will regret in the future. But I figured that since Im new to this, it had just been regged for one week and there already was interest I can sit on it until selfdriving is booming and maybe can sell it for more. I also have a one of the biggest broker-companies on the lookout so that means that they see some value in it since they only accept names in five figures.

I have to take a step back and think really hard about the value of this domain. Taken the BIN away at all marketplaces. Some people on this forum is saying its worthless, but brokers showing interest to push it and already an offer. I need to get my shit together and come up with a fair price.

Thank you for helping me, Im still a little bit nervous about this whole industry. But damn its fun.

Will remember this thread in the future when its getting sold. I will recap the sale for you then if interested!

/Dose

www.dosebuy.com

•••
....Got an offer in mid x.xxx but I did not accept. Maybe unwise and something I will regret in the future. But I figured that since I'm new to this, it had just been regged for one week.....

It is amazing a domainer for 2-weeks can hand-reg a name in 1-week and get an immediate mid 4-figure offer and decline the offer. TheAutoDriver.com valuation at Godaddy is $932 which is generous, imo.

•••
It is amazing a domainer for 2-weeks can hand-reg a name in 1-week and get an immediate mid 4-figure offer and decline the offer. TheAutoDriver.com valuation at Godaddy is $932 which is generous, imo.

I hear you. Would probably not have acted like that if had more experience. But sometimes ignorance is bliss. It was really hard to decline but I figured this offer would still be around.

I have read up alot and come to the conclusion that appraisals at GoDaddy can be a double edged sword. It can scare you off your favourite domains and tempting you to push other domains that in reality not is deserving that appraisal. So for now im using Namebio instead and on there A LOT of domains starting with ”The” has been sold for mid to high xx,xxx and even xxx,xxx. Some of them some years back when ”the” was more popular. But Im hoping for a comeback and with a name like TheAutoDriver that can define the whole industry im taking my chances. Naive of course. But heres to hoping 🍺.

/Dose

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back