IT.COM

NameSilo to Join the Afternic Premium Promotion Program?

NameSilo
Watch

LucidDomains

LucidDomains.comTop Member
Impact
I love NameSilo but one major issue is they are not part of the Afternic Premium Programme.

However, apparently they are planning on joining by the end of the year!

This is awesome news if it actually happens.

No announcement has been made and no exact details released.

If this is something you definitely like to see happen, please post in this thread.

Show @namesilo we absolutely need this to happen sooner rather than later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also to @namesilo, if you can provide any details on this, it would be definitely appreciated. Thanks! :lookaround:

•••
Also to @namesilo, if you can provide any details on this, it would be definitely appreciated. Thanks! :lookaround:

I have just heard that we are about to begin the process of integrating as an Afternic Premium Partner. Unfortunately, I do not have more details regarding an ETA, but the wheels are now in motion!

•••
Good for domainers, more exposure to domains.

•••
Nice bit of news and look forward to more details as available!

•••
I have just heard that we are about to begin the process of integrating as an Afternic Premium Partner. Unfortunately, I do not have more details regarding an ETA, but the wheels are now in motion!

Fantastic news, thank you!

Please keep us updated with new progress reports! :lookaround:

•••
Namesilo is integrated with Afternic premium sales accelaration.

•••
Good news... we are now officially Afternic Premium partners! If you already have domains registered with us listed at Afternic then you will receive emails from us before long to opt your domains into the fast-transfer system. This addition adds NameSilo to the very small list of registrars that are both Afternic Premium and SedoMLS providers. We hope this helps get exposure and better pricing for your domains, and don't forget we have a very competitive Marketplace as well :)

Last edited:
•••
Good news... we are now officially Afternic Premium partners! If you already have domains registered with us listed at Afternic then you will receive emails from us before long to opt your domains into the fast-transfer system. This addition adds NameSilo to the very small list of registrars that are both Afternic Premium and SedoMLS providers. We hope this helps get exposure and better pricing for your domains, and don't forget we have a very competitive Marketplace as well :)

Fantastic news @namesilo!

Thank you for being the best registrar around!

Your new features don't stop coming! Love it! :lookaround:

Last edited:
•••
Mail I got few min. ago
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 22.07.50.png

•••
So it sounds like if we already have NameSilo names in Afternic, they are automatically going to e-mail us asking us if we want to opt-in to Fast Transfer. Is that everyone's understanding? No pre-emptive action on our part is required.

This is great news and I was actually about to start transferring my names out of NameSilo to GoDaddy as they came up for renewal, but will not anymore.

•••
So it sounds like if we already have NameSilo names in Afternic, they are automatically going to e-mail us asking us if we want to opt-in to Fast Transfer. Is that everyone's understanding? No pre-emptive action on our part is required.

This is great news and I was actually about to start transferring my names out of NameSilo to GoDaddy as they came up for renewal, but will not anymore.

Happy to have you keep your domains with us :)

Correct, Afternic has told us that if you already have domains listed with Afternic that they will trigger our system to email you to opt-in to fast-transfer. We are not exactly sure when this will happen, but hopefully before long. You will receive 1 email per domain, but you should only need to go to 1 screen to opt-in any pending domains at that time.

•••
Looks like Afternic has started sending out the emails for already-enrolled domains. You should be receiving an email(s) from us shortly if you already had domains enrolled at Afternic. If so, we would recommend waiting to confirm via email until it looks like all of your domains have been considered. The reason being that you can click just one of the links you get to verify all domains that are pending approval at that time. Therefore, if you wait until the process completes, you will only have to click one link to opt-in all of your domains.

•••
Yup, emails are rolling in from both Afternic and Namesilo!
Nice :)

•••
I'm very glad to see this new feature, thanks.

Afternic has told us that if you already have domains listed with Afternic that they will trigger our system to email you to opt-in to fast-transfer. We are not exactly sure when this will happen, but hopefully before long. You will receive 1 email per domain, but you should only need to go to 1 screen to opt-in any pending domains at that time.

The wording in these emails is a bit weird - initially it had me thinking someone was trying to list my domain in their own account, when it is in fact already listed in my Afternic account:

You are receiving this email as a result of the Afternic listing process being
invoked through an Afternic account, on domain example.com. A listing on
this domain has just been attempted.

If you would like to list example.com for sale with Afternic, please visit
the link below. Please note that the link below requires you to be logged into
your account so if you ar enot currently logged into your NameSilo account then
please first log in before going to the link below.

https://www.namesilo.com/etc-etc-etc

If you did not initiate the Afternic listing process of this domain on the
Afternic site, please disregard this email. Please contact us if you have any
questions or require further information.

•••
Yeah I keep getting the email from Afternic over and over again.

But the NameSilo emails that have the actual sign-up link have only come for a small amount of my eligible names.

•••
I'm very glad to see this new feature, thanks.

The wording in these emails is a bit weird - initially it had me thinking someone was trying to list my domain in their own account, when it is in fact already listed in my Afternic account:

Hello. Sorry for the confusing verbiage in the emails. I can see where the wording may be a little weird if your domains have already been added. I will pass along your feedback and see if we can get it updated.

•••

But the NameSilo emails that have the actual sign-up link have only come for a small amount of my eligible names.

Hello. Sorry about this. Afternic is aware of the problem with some people's domains and they have told us they are working on it. As soon as their system "tells" our system to add domains, our system sends out the emails. We are hoping they are able to square things away quickly, and our experience with their team has been very good so far, so we are anticipating they will get things worked out before long.

•••

As a follow up for anybody experiencing this issue, we recommend contacting Afternic with a list of your domains that have not been opted in to our system yet. They may be able to manually submit them for processing by our system until they fix the issue they are having.

•••
•••
As we just noted in the thread Eric posted above, we have updated our system to work tracking/searching for Afternic, Sedo and NameSilo Marketplace status into the Financial/Marketing tools in your account. You can find the Financial/Marketing page within the "Marketplace Manager" section of your account. The direct URL is - https://www.namesilo.com/account_marketplace_financial_marketing.php. As noted in the above thread, we earlier added Afternic/Sedo status to the CSV export for your domains from the top of the Domain Manager page as well.

In case you are not familiar with the Financial/Marketing free tools, they allow you to track your domains with any registrar in terms of profit/loss, sales, estimated upcoming expenses, adding notes, categorizing and configuring for MarketSites and a lot more. You can see more by watching the second video down on this page - https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Domain-Investor-Tools.

Any NameSilo Marketplace sales are automatically entered. Listing status on Afternic and Sedo is also automatically determined if the domain is registered with us. Therefore, as domains are listed/removed from the 3 Marketplaces listed above, the status will change in real-time. If the domain is not registered with us, or is part of different Marketplace(s), then you would need to manually add the tracking as shown in the video.

We also added a new search in the "Advanced Search" area of the Financial/Marketing page so you can easily find any domains that are "in" or "not in" any of the Marketplaces we have included.

Hope this helps keep your portfolios better-organized!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back