Dynadot

Namesilo has joined Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Styler

Domain Academy - Senior Marketing Manager GoDaddyTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
I wanted to let everyone know we are happy to announce that Namesilo has joined Afternic which means that if you have domains registered at Namesilo you can now sell them through the Afternic's network. This is good news because it means you can be part of the largest sales distribution network where your names will show up listed for sale on GoDaddy, and many other companies. You can list/manage in one place and have them for sale all over the world. I know many people on Namepros have domains with Namesilo so I hope you are able to take advantage of this new development to sell more domains. If you have any questions let me know.

If you have questions about Afternic we did a video on Youtube that explains it well,

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for posting this thread. We are very happy to have joined the Afternic network and many of our customers have already listed their domains. We have already had a few sales within just the first few days, and we look forward to our ongoing partnership with Afternic.

•••
•••
•••
I think it would be good if you could see within NameSilo whether a name is in the Afternic Fast Transfer track or not. Most/all other registrars do that.

•••
I think it would be good if you could see within NameSilo whether a name is in the Afternic Fast Transfer track or not. Most/all other registrars do that.

Yes, this is something we are working on at the moment. Should have something in place before long. Will post here when complete. Thanks

•••
•••
@namesilo I just tried to click on all the opt-in links I have been sent, and all but the most recent one returns an "Invalid Link." message. Are the links set to expire? Is there any way to trigger these links to be resent?

•••
@namesilo I just tried to click on all the opt-in links I have been sent, and all but the most recent one returns an "Invalid Link." message. Are the links set to expire? Is there any way to trigger these links to be resent?

While every domain triggers an email, clicking any link should allow you to opt-in all pending domains in your account with one click as opposed to one-by-one. Therefore, if you have already approved the link (in which all pending domains should have been listed), then all domains have been opted in and any other links therefore become invalid. Please feel free to email [email protected] for more specific help should you require it. Thanks!

•••
We have just added Afternic status (Yes/No to indicate opted in or not) to the CSV file export on the top of the Domain Manager page. We'll get something more integrated with the UI before too long which will also support SedoMLS status.

•••
I keep getting daily e-mails from afternic saying that I should be getting an email soon from namesilo to opt-in my domains by clicking the opt-in link, but said email has yet to arrive...

•••
I keep getting daily e-mails from afternic saying that I should be getting an email soon from namesilo to opt-in my domains by clicking the opt-in link, but said email has yet to arrive...

Hello. Yes, Afternic is aware of an issue with a small percentage of domains. Please email Afternic or us ([email protected]) for further help.

•••
In addition to the CSV export mentioned above, we have just updated our system to work tracking/searching for Afternic, Sedo and NameSilo Marketplace status into the Financial/Marketing tools in your account. You can find the Financial/Marketing page within the "Marketplace Manager" section of your account. The direct URL is - https://www.namesilo.com/account_marketplace_financial_marketing.php.

In case you are not familiar with these free tools, they allow you to track your domains with any registrar in terms of profit/loss, sales, estimated upcoming expenses, adding notes, categorizing and configuring for MarketSites and a lot more. You can see more by watching the second video down on this page - https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Domain-Investor-Tools.

Any NameSilo Marketplace sales are automatically entered. Listing status on Afternic and Sedo is also automatically determined if the domain is registered with us. Therefore, as domains are listed/removed from the 3 Marketplaces listed above, the status will change in real-time. If the domain is not registered with us, or is part of different Marketplace(s), then you would need to manually add the tracking as shown in the video.

We also added a new search in the "Advanced Search" area of the Financial/Marketing page so you can easily find any domains that are "in" or "not in" any of the Marketplaces we have included.

Hope this helps keep your portfolios better-organized!

•••
Finally! Congrats and thanks for making this happen @namesilo!

•••
While every domain triggers an email, clicking any link should allow you to opt-in all pending domains in your account with one click as opposed to one-by-one. Therefore, if you have already approved the link (in which all pending domains should have been listed), then all domains have been opted in and any other links therefore become invalid. Please feel free to email [email protected] for more specific help should you require it. Thanks!

I find if I click on a link in an email from Namesilo it validates one or two domains - but not all of the multiple domains listed in the email from Afternic. After that clicking on any links in validation emails from Namesilo returns "Invalid Link". And I cannot initiate the Fast Transfer status from within the Afternic account and also not from within the Namesilo account. So the domains are not getting Fast Transfer status.

•••
I find if I click on a link in an email from Namesilo it validates one or two domains - but not all of the multiple domains listed in the email from Afternic. After that clicking on any links in validation emails from Namesilo returns "Invalid Link". And I cannot initiate the Fast Transfer status from within the Afternic account and also not from within the Namesilo account. So the domains are not getting Fast Transfer status.

Hello. Our system sends 1 email per domain any time Afternic triggers our system to do so. clicking on any of those links will take you to a page from which you can verify all pending domains. All pending domains you have at that time will be listed on the link that is provided. Once you verify the domains listed on that page, any links that had been previously sent become invalid as the domains listed with those links have already been approved.

Please email us at [email protected] for more specific help so that we can look into your account if you experience this issue again. Thanks

•••
I have the same issue. The Afternic "list" of domains that are eligible does not correspond with the names I actually get to validate through NameSilo.

Try writing Afternic about it. They can refresh the system to initiate an email send out for validating all eligible names that haven't been opted in yet. It didn't fixed the problem for all of my eligible namesilo names not yet opted in, but it did let me opt in a significant chunk of them that I hadn't yet gotten emails for.

I still receive a couple of opt-in emails every week, even though those names have always been eligible for fast transfer, so I'm not really sure how their system works. That said, I'm recently being allowed to opt-in to fast transfer for newly acquired names (with various registrars, including namesilo) that are certainly not eligible for fast transfer, as they are under the standard 60 day lock, so the whole Afternic fast-transfer opt-in system just seems to not be working properly.

•••
For some domains, Namesilo does not send the validation email, although Afternic does.

Not sure whose fault it is.

•••
For some domains, Namesilo does not send the validation email, although Afternic does.

Not sure whose fault it is.

Hello. Afternic is aware of this problem and they request that you contact their support team with any such issue so that their system can trigger our system to send the opt-in emails. Thanks

•••
It appears that once a name that is at NameSilo is submitted to Afternic, but before it comes off the 60-day lock, Afternic sends an e-mail every single night with this subject:

"Opt-in to the Afternic Premium Network with Your Registrar"

However, the names can't be opted in to the Premium network until they are off lock.

This seems to only happen with names that are at NameSilo. Anyone else observed this?

•••
It appears that once a name that is at NameSilo is submitted to Afternic, but before it comes off the 60-day lock, Afternic sends an e-mail every single night with this subject:

"Opt-in to the Afternic Premium Network with Your Registrar"

However, the names can't be opted in to the Premium network until they are off lock.

This seems to only happen with names that are at NameSilo. Anyone else observed this?

Yes exact same thing, finally after 60 days you get the email from Namesilo with a link to click to approve this opt-in.

Also apparently if you do not click the link within a certain timeframe it is no longer valid, but it does not say that (yet). So then if you don't click on it you keep getting reminder emails from Afternic saying that Namesilo will send you an email to opt-in... but that email never comes. I asked Namesilo about this and they said in this case you need to contact Afternic support to get them to start the process again before Namesilo can (re) send you the link to opt in.

So there are more emails bouncing around than you really need, tends to make you start ignoring them. Which is BAD because Afternic has no 2FA, weak passwords, exposed usernames and domain ownership lists. And here on the forum we have had several cases where an Afternic account other than the domain owner's has sold and instant transferred a domain.

So I hope Namesilo will work to get Afternic to match their high standards. If Afternic is responsible for a domain disappearing from a Namesilo account, the owner's first reaction will be to blame Namesilo.

Last edited:
•••
... but that email never comes. I asked Namesilo about this and they said in this case you need to contact Afternic support to get them to start the process again before Namesilo can (re) send you the link to opt in.
Have you successfully done this yourself recently? I have a lot of names I transferred to NameSilo 60+ days ago, but I'm not receiving any opt-in emails from Afternic to opt these in. I reached out to Afternic cs, but they argued that they are not able to refresh the system in order to get these emails sent out (although they had no problem doing so in the past), and instead asked me to download an Excel file with all my Afternic listed domains, and then manually mark off the names which were eligible for transfer with a specific number, and then upload the file in order to trigger the system to send out the emails. To keep track of and manually opt-in namesilo names in this way is too cumbersome, so I just gave up trying to get these names opted-in to the premium network. Have sold lots of NameSilo housed names at Afternic this year, but 80% of them were only distributed through their standard network and had to be manually pushed, even though a lot of them were premium network eligible, so this whole premium network integration seems to be pretty shoddy on Afternic's end in terms of getting all of the eligible names opted in.
So there are more emails bouncing around than you really need, tends to make you start ignoring them. Which is BAD because Afternic has no 2FA, weak passwords, exposed usernames and domain ownership lists. And here on the forum we have had several cases where an Afternic account other than the domain owner's has sold and instant transferred a domain.
I also wish they would improve their security. It's 2017, and they only allow you to use alphanumerics for your password. No symbols like #$-@! etc.

•••
Have you successfully done this yourself recently? I have a lot of names I transferred to NameSilo 60+ days ago, but I'm not receiving any opt-in emails from Afternic to opt these in.

Last one I added on Afternic was maybe 80 days ago, finally got it listed as premium.

Just checking, when you list these at Afternic are you taking the extra step of initiating premium listings there? I can't face doing that now if it creates an email a day and who knows if I'll remember to do it 60 days later.

•••
Last one I added on Afternic was maybe 80 days ago, finally got it listed as premium.

Just checking, when you list these at Afternic are you taking the extra step of initiating premium listings there? I can't face doing that now if it creates an email a day and who knows if I'll remember to do it 60 days later.
You can email service at afternic.com to get them to take a look at your account and see if there is an issue. You should not be getting emails every day from them asking you to opt in.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back