Dynadot

Namesilo .... is this normal activity for them?

NameSilo
Watch

shiftaction

Established Member
Impact
Hey I am having a problem with a newly launched site spamming on my site. I tried to contact Namesilo about this because they are the registrar but there are a few problems.

One is they opened an hour late (according to their phone message Mountain Standard Time is how they operate but according to the phone person, that's just not true).

Two is the phone operator was quite rude over what could have been a very simple answer to me. He even refused to let me talk to anyone else after being rude.

And three is I was told to go to chat online (as I was told I would of been answered 30+ times by that time the phone was answered an hour late if I would of went to the right place, chat), but even the chat person was very rude. They told me "I'm sure you will find your bad experience is in the extreme minority" telling me they just didn't care basically, and then disconnected me from chat without helping me to figure out why my site is being spammed and why no one is doing anything about it even though there is an abuse department and phone number for such.

Has anyone else experienced this very unprofessional "service" from Namesilo? I've been with them a good while now, paying in a good bit of money, and have even referred them to a lot of friends, but when I actually need Namesilo support with something I never would of thought their customer service team act's like a bunch of 18 year old phone thugs.

Is this normal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No I dont. In fact I value good service just as much as you do. If I do complain it is usually because of bad service.

But you take this to a new level and you do not listen to reason. In this case the company in question actually came out in public and answered you in a very reasonable way. Still you persisted in what most people here thought was unreasonable demands. In the end the company had to post the complete chat log that documented abuse from your side and nothing from their side. That is pretty unheard of. You are cyber bullying them.

People do not agree with you and your assessment. You should try and take that to heart.

•••
Did namesilo bounce you on their knee and sit you on their lap?

How you can just take a chat convo and ignore the opening an hour late, and as well ignoring that there was a phone convo that happened, is totally beyond me how you say you value good customer service, because I didn't have you on my lap, bouncing you on my knee either during the phone call, so not sure how you pulled such a bias statement against someone who is a customer in this situation.

So sad how you heartless businesses just agree with eachother, that your customers are not important past your own sight, but yet state that you value customer service. You only seem to value hearing yourself type.

•••
I'm not quite sure why you don't just let it go. I for one can understand being frustrated over an unpleasant confrontation with cs over the phone. On the other hand, it's a rather trivial thing to get bent out of shape about. If I slung mud over every unpleasant phone call I had with businesses, I'd have no time for anything else.

Let alone the fact that, every fault you pointed out to them, they either apologised or levied your complaint by by actually changing to meet your expectations...

Furthermore, and I'm sure others would agree, it would be very easy to assume that the transcription of your original phone call would likely read almost verbatim like the chat that was posted. I almost feel sorry for the admin on the other line.

Then again, I could be wrong. It could be that you were caller number 50 after 49 previous stressful conversations with other customers blaming him for everything under the sun and had just had enough.

We are all human... Let it go and just take your business elsewhere if you're that unhappy with them.

•••
Thank you very much for this review. I'm not sure if the original problems were legitimate or not, but I must say that the responses on here from NameSilo has now put them at the top of my list of registrars to try. Pretty sure this is the opposite result that was intended lol. Their responses seem like they really tried to rectify the situation in a professional manner.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back