domains NamesCon Online poll results on several topics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
At NamesCon Online I ran several polls to get the mood from participants on certain topics. Here are the results: What is your domain investing activity? Full time my only source of income32.14% Part time I have a day job39.29% Hobbyist I do this for fun any money made is an added bonus 28.57% How […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many thanks for that poll.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that prefers text consumption :)

•••
Amazon ebooks are still doing good ...

•••
  • It seems that most people are still very optimistic about domain name

(y)

•••
Many thanks for that poll.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that prefers text consumption :)

I too prefer text compared to podcasts.

•••
There's less ambiguity with text. The written word is still king.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for doing the online poll.

I'm just curious how many people took the poll because that will make a huge difference.

•••
I didnt see any of namescon

Namescon have a youtube and twitter account so every session should have been livestreamed free across the major socialmedia platforms but it wasnt

I would have watched namescon on youtube or twitter had it been streamed live and for free but im not going to pay to watch an online conferrence tho

•••
•••
•••
Really interesting set of polls @equity78 - as writer interested in the one on content.

More love for .co than I might have guessed in the TLD poll. Was .app an option?

Seems very positive NamesCon experience, that I would personally agree with.

Bob

•••
Full of optimistic views. Thanks.

•••
Really interesting set of polls @equity78 - as writer interested in the one on content.

More love for .co than I might have guessed in the TLD poll. Was .app an option?

Seems very positive NamesCon experience, that I would personally agree with.

Bob

Yes Bob I did include .app, not one vote.

•••
I didnt see any of namescon

Namescon have a youtube and twitter account so every session should have been livestreamed free across the major socialmedia platforms but it wasnt

I would have watched namescon on youtube or twitter had it been streamed live and for free but im not going to pay to watch an online conferrence tho

How would they livestream their sessions across social for free when it was not a free conference, they would have had to refund 1000 + people who paid.

•••

I'm just curious how many people took the poll because that will make a huge difference.

Brad they did not list their numbers I would say most polls got 100 voters some more some less.

•••
How would they livestream their sessions across social for free when it was not a free conference, they would have had to refund 1000 + people who paid.

i understand your point

Its only a matter of time before someone does a domain name conference livesream from youtube via zoom

For free which will gain audience and google ad dollars

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

I attended for free as a first-time attendee and I'm kinda glad. Apart from the ICA workshops and some sessions that were rather loose chats among domaining pros, pretty much every other session was just promoting one product or the other. I'm not sure if there was anything that is not otherwise available for free on YT, blogs or podcasts. Probably the networking / social part had an inherent value, but I didn't partake in that, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Personally I liked Page's Domain Show better. For the "physical" event I would gladly pay (and I did in the past), but for the online one, not so much, I'll leave that to the sponsors.

•••

From the vote percentage quantization in the favourite extension after .com poll, I think it is likely 48 people in total voted in that poll. It is possible it is a multiple of that like 96 but would be unexpected that a single person did not vote in something. I had not noticed the polls cause I did not spend enough time on social wall I guess :xf.grin:. It was a busy time with lots going on at the conference. Thanks for doing the polls and presenting results here @equity78 .
Bob

•••
I attended for free as a first-time attendee and I'm kinda glad. Apart from the ICA workshops and some sessions that were rather loose chats among domaining pros, pretty much every other session was just promoting one product or the other. I'm not sure if there was anything that is not otherwise available for free on YT, blogs or podcasts. Probably the networking / social part had an inherent value, but I didn't partake in that, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Personally I liked Page's Domain Show better. For the "physical" event I would gladly pay (and I did in the past), but for the online one, not so much, I'll leave that to the sponsors.

As you say much of the experience of those presenting have socialmedia accounts or youtube which costs nothing etc and is available on namepros news etc but the donain ibdustry is split between .com is everything and those that buy emoji and idn and gtld as i have bought emoji and idn before now and understand the
xn-- code etc and i am a big fan of gtlds as was an early buyer of gtlds etc i am not a fan of .com is everything theory etc so wouldnt pay to listen to .com is everythibg etc as i have my own investing strategy

•••
What was the final result of the survey?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back