NameSilo

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Because unless they hired Picasso that price is not justifiable.
I have seen their logos, I have had logos professionally designed by designers and I have never been asked more than 3-400$ for something really really great..

...and I was replying to this point. There is a HUGE difference in these logos and the ones you get off a standard designer as they know they are getting paid once it's done; but I'm sure they also put a lot more research into it as well - they are different horses so you can't compare them.

•••
...and I was replying to this point. There is a HUGE difference in these logos and the ones you get off a standard designer as they know they are getting paid once it's done; but I'm sure they also put a lot more research into it as well - they are different horses so you can't compare them.

One sec ago I was on NR page and I haven't seen ANYTHING ( logowise ) being worthy what people are required to pay.

I would be happy to change my mind when someone here will show me one of the 800-1000$ logo that is really worthy that amount.

•••

touch the point, they are paid after the sale complete. and sometimes the sale may not complete, which mean they will not get paid.

•••
ive been in graphic arts since 1976 and the logo issue on these brandable sites was a sticking point with me from day 1

this is a marketing scheme that sucks people in who think a logo will sell their good or bad domains if they simply throw more $$ at it.

the logos are a draw for domainers and the options of a $100 or $1000 is simply a marketing ploy that means nothing to the actual domain

the majority of brandables are garbage as we all agree and a domain logo simply dresses it up and makes the domain LOOK like its worth the value they have posted on it

this logo does not sell a domain!

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

touch the point, they are paid after the sale complete. and sometimes the sale may not complete, which mean they will not get paid.

exactly and what does that say then?

it says that the logo is inconsequential to the sale

dress up a pig u still have a dressed pig

these branding resller websites are simply out for the most $ they can get and not all the $ that goes towards a logo design goes to the actual designer im certain

if u charged $500 to have a logo made and hired a designer to do it, pay the designer $100 and pocket the rest

thats whats going on im sure

•••
these branding resller websites are simply out for the most $ they can get and not all the $ that goes towards a logo design goes to the actual designer im certain

if u charged $500 to have a logo made and hired a designer to do it, pay the designer $100 and pocket the rest

thats whats going on im sure

RIGHT! EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT!
They put in their pocket part of what the domainer is charged as " logo fee "

•••
Anyone know someone who made a logo and got paid the full amount? Or is it taken from their share as well for the 30% or whatever it is?

•••
Anyone know how long it takes for them to create logo/description? It's been a few days now. Not impatient, just wondering.

They only accepted one domain from me Fast Treat (.com) out of several good brandables that were accepted quickly by BrandBucket.

They turned down TreQo, Snizzer, wtfwtf, Skilln, Cascron and other pretty good, simple and memorable names, yet I see newly added names: Steest, Marinacus, Kalpital, Brillis, Sevenity, Jujiniko? Do they use the "Eenie-meenie-minie-mo" process during selections. Come on. I can come up with these type of names drunk.

ex:

Scalipoo, Skibozle, Zolamer, etc, etc

And I didn't get an explanation, just a generic "Doesn't fit what we're looking for" response.

I guess "Aphrodo" is better than Treqo. What do I know.

Whomp.
Blah

>:(

•••
Anyone know how long it takes for them to create logo/description? It's been a few days now. Not impatient, just wondering.

They only accepted one domain from me Fast Treat (.com) out of several good brandables that were accepted quickly by BrandBucket.

They turned down TreQo, Snizzer, wtfwtf, Skilln, Cascron and other pretty good, simple and memorable names, yet I see newly added names: Steest, Marinacus, Kalpital, Brillis, Sevenity, Jujiniko? Do they use the "Eenie-meenie-minie-mo" process during selections. Come on. I can come up with these type of names drunk.

ex:

Scalipoo, Skibozle, Zolamer, etc, etc

And I didn't get an explanation, just a generic "Doesn't fit what we're looking for" response.

I guess "Aphrodo" is better than Treqo. What do I know.

Whomp.
Blah

>:(

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Finally someone who understands and experiences how random and unprofessional are at picking domains. Not to mention ho random they are at pricing them...

•••
Finally someone who understands and experiences how random and unprofessional are at picking domains. Not to mention ho random they are at pricing them...

calling NR "unprofessional" without knowing their actual sales figures only means you personally dont like or understand their name picking & appraisal logic..

i too have many names rejected that i like more than those accepted (mine including).
i too do not sometimes understand why some particular names were accepted and listed.
yet, they probably know better what sells and what does not on their marketplace.

again, calling people "unprofessional" also implies you judge yourself as professional.
for if not how would another "unprofessional" make such claims about others..
which logically leads to the question how many brandables you sold yourself to be in a position to call others in this field "unprofessional"?
or what other criteria can you suggest to determine NR's professional level vs yours apart from sales volume?

•••
-- Logo wise.. Namerific.com/instatrader was the name that was told 800$ for the logo to post it at the price it's listed currently.. Personally i find the logo just ok.. Nothing close to the effort i would expect for giving away such a big chunk of the profit if it's sold..

-- (in no way is the following trying to discredit anyone or any name.. Just an opinion)
the choosing of the name process feels very random.. Vibbly.com which i submitted was refused.. I like it .. But i guess they see things diiferently.. But then to see Steest.com accepted... Or yiie.com and moccho.com (not an easy pronunciation for the latter neither an instinctive way to write them which would be a quality you would think would be a pre-requisite for that brandability factor (Sorry if someone here owns any of them)..

-- as for the description..it took over a month and barely have 3 descriptions done and the logo queue (instatrader is the only live one)..instead of going down went from 179 to 196 today... It's like if you don't pay the 25$.. It'll never get done.. Or if you dont give a 500$ designer bonus.. You'll maybe get it done in a few months if you're lucky!

-- yes it's true that no one is forcing anyone's hand to use their services.. But to find good brandable names is not the easiest thing to do either.. But when you do and it does get accepted.. Then you would expect the name to at least be listed within a reasonable delay.. After all they are profiting greatly from it too and I would think they want to be known as the place to go for buyers and sellers of brandable names.. Not the last ditch effort and forget about it site..
In all fairness despite the very slow progress at Namerific.. Still faster than brandbucket in my experience... I submitted names over a month ago to BB still absolutely no news if the names are accepted or not.. When reached was told volume and holiday delays loll

Last edited:
•••
calling NR "unprofessional" without knowing their actual sales figures only means you personally dont like or understand their name picking & appraisal logic..

i too have many names rejected that i like more than those accepted (mine including).
i too do not sometimes understand why some particular names were accepted and listed.
yet, they probably know better what sells and what does not on their marketplace.

again, calling people "unprofessional" also implies you judge yourself as professional.
which logically leads to the question how many brandables you sold yourself to be in a position to call others in this field "unprofessional"?
or what other criteria can you suggest to determine NR's professional level vs yours apart from sales volume?

Everyone has the right to call someone or something unprofessional based on their personal experiences. Sales figures do not mean squat or add credibility to defy all in any sales venue.

That's like going to a Doctor, the doctor misdiagnosing you but makes 5 million a year and diagnosed other patients correctly. It would be wrong or unjustifiable to argue your opinion about them because of his success with treating others?

To make a long story short, it is unprofessional to call someone or something unprofessional, regardless of your personal experience because they have a certain level of success?

If I go to McDonalds and order a Big Mac, but get a Whopper, I should say nothing because they are such a huge franchise, they know what they're doing.

Last edited:
•••

I think Pokainc answered some of clarified some of your doubts here.
Also I am entitled of my opinions and to me, as they present themselves as worldwide professional platform to buy and sell brandable domains, their attitude could be more professional.

To me it seems there is no continuum in choosing domains ( some are horrible, some are not catchy, some are hard to spell, some are overpriced ), they are asking a fortune for logos that are just OK ( which makes someone wonder HOW they choose the designers AND if all the money go to the designer himself or if they simply hire someone on Fiverr for 5$ and keep the rest...), last but not least they are asking people to market their domains exclusively and to change the WHOIS to them...now..how do you call it????

Beside that yes I think my attitude towards all the people I meet and deal with is professional so I totally call myself professional if you don't mind! The day I will decide to open a website like NR
and allow people to submit domains then you will be welcome to talk about my work and my professionalism; until that moment you are not entitled to talk about me as a person. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Everyone has the right to call someone or something unprofessional based on their personal experiences. Sales figures do not mean squat or add credibility to defy all in any sales venue.

That's like going to a Doctor, the doctor misdiagnosing you but makes 5 million a year and diagnosed other patients correctly. It would be wrong or unjustifiable to argue your opinion about them because of his success with treating others?

To make a long story short, it is unprofessional to call someone or something unprofessional, regardless of your personal experience because they have a certain level of success?

If I go to McDonalds and order a Big Mac, but get a Whopper, I should say nothing because they are such a huge franchise, they know what they're doing.

Thanks for being part of an open minded world TomCarl

Ok so this is the link that shows you the logo Pokainc paid 800$ for...now please tell me what you think because if it was my domain I would feel outraged after having paid that amount.

https://www.namerific.com/instatrader

And it all comes down again to professionalism & wondering if they will really pay ALL the 800$ to a that designer as that logo looks like a 5$ one from Fiverr,

Sorry Pokainc this isn't in any way against you. Please don't feel offended or don't take it personally. My argument is against NR not you

Last edited:
•••
does a brandable domain or any other domain for that matter REQUIRES A DESCRIPTION to hilite how great, all singing, all dancing it is?

and dont forget the snazzy logo of course, its all your choice, however its not my thing, man......

dropor.com

logo free.....

B-)

Last edited:
•••
last but not least they are asking people to market their domains exclusively and to change the WHOIS to them...now..how do you call it????

This is offer, can accept it or leave it. If they were the only marketplace, making radical conditions, that will be a different case. But the internet world has many marketplaces. So, they offer what they would like to do, the owner make his decision. They didn't force people to do that. It is possible that just has to buy a privacy protection service for the whois info.

I have an opinion about logos, and description. If it was about just displaying your domain, then you can display it wherever you want. But if you talk about marketing, it is different. If you enter a jewelry shop, found a gold necklace in a ugly plastic bag, or just sit on the roof, will it be attractive? even if it was great, amazing, shining? They have to put it inside lighting Glass on a black velvet box. the salesman should talk about it show you some pictures. This is marketing.

So when the domain have logo and description, you increase the opportunity to sell it.

Last edited:
•••
they are asking a fortune for logos that are just OK ( which makes someone wonder HOW they choose the designers AND if all the money go to the designer himself or if they simply hire someone on Fiverr for 5$ and keep the rest...), last but not least they are asking people to market their domains exclusively and to change the WHOIS to them...now..how do you call it????

please re-read your post i was replying to:

Finally someone who understands and experiences how random and unprofessional are at picking domains. Not to mention ho random they are at pricing them...

you were calling people unprofessional at picking domains
and i was not discussing their logo service quality/prices or whois/exclusivity requirements..
tell me how are you going to measure their professionalism at picking domains without knowing their sales data.
what other criteria besides your personal taste and liking would be an objective basis for calling people unprofessional in that?

your only argument so far was

some are horrible, some are not catchy, some are hard to spell, some are overpriced

and thats not enough by any means unless you can support your subjective opinion with a proven track record of your own brandable sales or with comparative analysis with other marketplaces to gauge against
until that that stays where it is - "they are unprofessional at picking domains because i dont like their domains. i cant be wrong about domains anyway.."

yes I think my attitude towards all the people I meet and deal with is professional so I totally call myself professional if you don't mind!

that's good to have high self-esteem indeed..
what about leaving ruining comments in others' sales threads and not even apologizing for that sh*t? is it professional on a professional forum?

The day I will decide to open a website like NR
and allow people to submit domains then you will be welcome to talk about my work and my professionalism; until that moment you are not entitled to talk about me as a person.

i'm as entitled to my opinion on your professionalism as you are to yours about NR.

..ah, sad for you but you are not entitled to tell me what i'm entitled to and what not. my deepest condolences

btw, i cant help getting this feeling that all your submissions were rejected... just keep trying

best

•••
" what about leaving ruining comments in others' sales threads and not even apologizing for that sh*t? is it professional on a professional forum? "

Oh..now I see who you are..lol. You should blame yourself if the post is still there as you took the right to act like a bodyguard..
Also unless you are a tarot reader you certainly can't know how, when and if I privately communicated with the OP of that thread.

As the thread is called " Namerific experience " I am totally entitled to discuss about my experience and my personal opinion about them while it seems slightly out of contest for you to act like a public champion of justice ant take the right to comment about me personally. But if that makes you happy you are welcome but I will stop replying to you as, beside not being interested, talking about you is not the main purpouse of the thread.
Sleep well

P.S.

as for this " btw, i cant help getting this feeling that all your submissions were rejected... just keep trying "

you are really embarassing yourself..

•••
•••
Photonmymind --> You wrote paid 800$.. Want to specify.. I only pay from the sales price once the sale has taken place..important to note..

I did send an email to NR to see what their opinion is on this without being too picky.. Do not find it worthy of 800$ that's for sure..

Last edited:
•••
Photonmymind --> You wrote paid 800$.. Want to specify.. I only pay from the sales price once the sale has taken place..important to note..

I did send an email to NR to see what their opinion is on this without being too picky.. Do not find it worthy of 800$ that's for sure..

Yes sure. Sorry.

I thought that has was already specified in the thread somewhere else but it is certainly good idea to repeat it. I wish you to sell your domain very very quickly!

•••
i submitted a 'click' domain ………ummmmm

•••
How long does NR take (on average) to evaluate your domains?
It's been one month since BB hasn't responded to my submissions.

•••

used to be overnight but much longer now i suspect since they are so busy

•••

Last time I submitted to BB it took nearly a month or longer to reply so don't worry!

As for NR they advertise they reply in 24hrs but that didn't happen for me for example. I think it took a couple of weeks

•••
NR, sometimes one day, sometimes more than a week :)

BB have submitted since 15 Dec 2013 ( last year :p ) not got response yet

Last edited:
•••
used to be overnight but much longer now i suspect since they are so busy

thanks bud

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Last time I submitted to BB it took nearly a month or longer to reply so don't worry!

As for NR they advertise they reply in 24hrs but that didn't happen for me for example. I think it took a couple of weeks

Both of them have gotten pretty slow at evaluating submissions due to high volume.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

NR, sometimes one day, sometimes more than a week :)

BB have submitted since 15 Dec 2013 ( last year :p ) not got response yet

Yeah, I'm waiting too, submitted 2 domains to BB on 14th Dec.

Which has been more effective for you, NR or BB? Made any sales?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back