Domain Empire

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the information Jahfree. I'm with pokainc though, there is no excuse for not communicating when people are asking questions. I don't mind if it takes companies 3-4 days to respond but respond they should - no excuses.

Their business is about partnerships, the front end with end users and at the back end with domainers, they are not alone, BB and BR are quite similar, looks like they do not have the resource to cover customer service emails which I can totally understand from a P&L position but they can certainly improve on the current situation without it impacting their bottom line.

Good luck all with your sales.
Sorry for any delays. Feel free to send me a PM on here anytime.

•••
Check out the new look of Namerific. Red and Gray? Really? They went from being the best looking designed marketplace to the worst overnight. It looks like a ten year old designed the site. Namerific do yourself a favor and go back to the old well thought out design.

•••
Check out the new look of Namerific. Red and Gray? Really? They went from being the best looking designed marketplace to the worst overnight. It looks like a ten year old designed the site. Namerific do yourself a favor and go back to the old well thought out design.
i really liked the look of Namerific before, was clean, easy on the eyes and easy to Navigate.

•••
The site is so very broken and has been for the last week or so. About 80% of the time, the header is missing everything on the right side, including login.

•••
Yeah, that red backgrounded text looks like it is an error message, like beware, the site is being hacked or so.

•••
Yeah, that red backgrounded text looks like it is an error message, like beware, the site is being hacked or so.

My thoughts exactly.

•••
The site is so very broken and has been for the last week or so. About 80% of the time, the header is missing everything on the right side, including login.

Aah... Figured out that the reason is that I'm actually logged in all the time. Because there's no way to log out. Anyway, kinda sucks because once you leave your dashboard, the only way to reach it again is via browser history. It's all a little bit confusing, I must say. Or am I missing something completely?

•••
And while I'm still here: I actually like the new logo, colors and everything, fresh. But the huge red block below it definitely looks like a warning of some sort to my eyes.

•••
Michael has been notified of the problem, the namerific team is at an affiliate conference this week, so they won't have time to reply. Namerific is going threw a rebranding right now and needs to know about all these issues that result from the upgrade. If you discover any other glitches or have more suggestion, this is the time! Lots of exciting changes coming!

Cheers!

•••
The edit function does not work for me. And the red block cannot be very inviting to prospective customers.

•••
The edit function does not work for me. And the red block cannot be very inviting to prospective customers.
Hey guys,

Yes, we are in the process of rolling out new branding to the site. The current layout will not remain; we have more work to do to optimize the page so that it is easy on the eyes of viewers. We attended NamesCon and Affiliate Summit in Las Vegas the past 2 weeks and have not fully rolled out the design template/elements, however we wanted to push the new branding at these conferences and therefore decided to implement the new logo on all printed materials, booth signs, and the site itself.

There are also some backend/admin functions that we are working on fixing since the move to the new dedicated server. Sorry for any issues you guys are seeing in your seller logins but rest assured we are going to have all of the bugs fixed soon.

I just returned to SF from Affiliate Summit and we are very excited about new traffic partnerships we have set up. Higher volumes of traffic can be expected to the site in the short term, which will be resulting in more sales for everyone :)

•••
Just took a look at your site. Pretty nice! Here's some feedback.
  • The current design is nice. It's bold, which I like. Definitely more modern than the old design.
  • The big red stripe looks fine to me. It's not what I would call "error red"; it's a bit darker and more friendly-looking.
  • At first I thought the filters were broken because featured domains aren't subject to filtering. If I were a new user, that would discourage me from using the site. Also, I would be unlikely to express any interest in a featured domain that didn't match my filters.
  • Only BBB-accredited business can use the BBB trademark, and even then, only after being granted explicit permission to do so. It is illegal to do otherwise--even without claiming accreditation--and BBB states that it will sue violators. (If you've received permission, you can obviously disregard this.)
  • Your privacy policy is excellent. It's concise, explicit, thorough, and I would feel comfortable giving you my information.
More technical stuff (sorry, the programmer in my can't resist :)):
  • Your site claims implementation of SSL/TLS, but my connection as of writing is insecure. There is no point to securing only part of a site; partial security is quite easy for an attacker to circumvent. Even Internet Explorer has supported secure web connections since version 2, so compatibility is not an issue.
  • TLS replaced SSL a long time ago, but SSL has been broken and is no longer secure. Internet Explorer has supported TLS since version 7, but your site is incompatible with IE7 and earlier anyway. The last version of SSL was only very recently broken. The mere existence of SSL support renders TLS insecure, so for security to actually be secure, SSL has to be disabled. (Your connection to NamePros currently uses TLS; we do not support SSL. Note that it looks just like SSL to the end user. You can even still call it SSL if you want.) Double-check that your site has SSL disabled.
  • Your search box doesn't escape SQL wildcards ("_" and "%"). While this isn't a significant security issue on its own, it's a sign that other parts of your site may be vulnerable to SQL injection attacks. Such attacks can be used to alter or obtain the contents of your database. You should have an experienced security professional thoroughly review the code for your website. For an example of how this works, search for sites that start with "seo%scape". The % will match any number of characters. (I have tested the search box, and it does not appear to be vulnerable to any serious attacks; if it were, I would have contacted you privately.) As an added security measure, ensure that passwords are salted and hashed before being stored in your database--keyword being salted, not just hashed.
Note that these security issues are very common and shouldn't be of concern to the typical user, who is already entering their information on a hundred or so other sites with comparable security. For example, Sedo's SSL/TLS implementation is pretty insecure--they might as well lack SSL/TLS altogether--and Escrow.com isn't doing much better, which is a scary thought. (Contrast with PayPal, GoDaddy, NamePros, Google, Facebook, all of which either disable SSLv3 or use a special technique to mitigate all reasonable vulnerabilities.)

•••

I have also noticed bugs on the site, in the design centre (I'm registered as a logo designer and domain seller) and also bugs in the sales centre...

I have informed Mike via email, and he said they are working on these issues..

A little worrying is the bugs appearing in the Logo design centre (Where you get guaranteed logo commission if you submit a design that is accepted and later sold).

Since the redesign I have had cases where my logos were rejected as not being good enough, but then later found they were being used on the site? This one has to be a glitch...bug... I have informed Namerific about it..

I have also had 27 logo designs I submitted to Namerific accepted, and have received emails confirming the same, and checked them on the site and they were live.... so far so good...

However I later noticed a few days later when browsing the namerific site that some of my logo designs have later been swapped with other designers logos, without myself being informed.

This is worrying as a designer, If one spends time designing logos free of charge (Namerific dont pay designers anything until the domain sells), submitting them, having them accepted, and assuming you will get your commission IF (and a big IF) a sale later takes place, and then a week, month or year down the line, the logo is swapped with another designers artwork without letting the first / approved logo designer know... and then the domain sells, who gets paid?

My incentive to design logos has just dropped, until this is clarified.. Mike has also suggested I pause submitting logo designs until the issue is sorted...

I think maybe a minimal fee to logo designers would add more of an incentive, at least then you know for sure you are walking away with something, even if its 3-5 USD.

Mike has said there are issues/glitches but what I would like to know is if the logo swapping issue is related to a site bug or not. Can approved logos later be unapproved?

Last edited:
•••
I have also noticed bugs on the site, in the design centre (I'm registered as a logo designer and domain seller) and also bugs in the sales centre...

I have informed Mike via email, and he said they are working on these issues..

A little worrying is the bugs appearing in the Logo design centre (Where you get guaranteed logo commission if you submit a design that is accepted and later sold).

Since the redesign I have had cases where my logos were rejected as not being good enough, but then later found they were being used on the site? This one has to be a glitch...bug... I have informed Namerific about it..

I have also had 27 logo designs I submitted to Namerific accepted, and have received emails confirming the same, and checked them on the site and they were live.... so far so good...

However I later noticed a few days later when browsing the namerific site that some of my logo designs have later been swapped with other designers logos, without myself being informed.

This is worrying as a designer, If one spends time designing logos free of charge (Namerific dont pay designers anything until the domain sells), submitting them, having them accepted, and assuming you will get your commission IF (and a big IF) a sale later takes place, and then a week, month or year down the line, the logo is swapped with another designers artwork without letting the first / approved logo designer know... and then the domain sells, who gets paid?

My incentive to design logos has just dropped, until this is clarified.. Mike has also suggested I pause submitting logo designs until the issue is sorted...

I think maybe a minimal fee to logo designers would add more of an incentive, at least then you know for sure you are walking away with something, even if its 3-5 USD.

Mike has said there are issues/glitches but what I would like to know is if the logo swapping issue is related to a site bug or not. Can approved logos later be unapproved?

Miscommunication is a b****. However, seems like Mike really is listening as he added a "Logged in as this-and-that" feature after I complained about it (of course, might have added it anyway). I hope he gets things sorted out as I'm starting to like the new design more and more.

•••
If anyone has a question about a name, in particular a description, please give me a holler. I've been on the down low as of late, meaning little by way of NP activity, but I am reachable should anyone have a question or concern regarding a description, or helping you to expedite things.

•••
Does anyone know if Namerific is down for maintenance, or is it just me having a problem today?

•••
Does anyone know if Namerific is down for maintenance, or is it just me having a problem today?
Their website says:
"We will be back online soon.
Thank you."

•••
Yes, thanks, I see that now. :)

•••
At first I thought the filters were broken because featured domains aren't subject to filtering. If I were a new user, that would discourage me from using the site. Also, I would be unlikely to express any interest in a featured domain that didn't match my filters.

My thoughts exactly. I was very frustrated to discover that filters do not work. Only later I understood that what I see on top are not search results, but featured domains. If I was a buyer, I would have thought that the website interface is totally broken.

Last edited:
•••
Update: The site should be back up soon...I can assure you Mike is hard at work resolving any issues at hand. Thanks for your patience everyone:)

•••
Thanks, yandig, I see that now. (I thought I wrote this message yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have been posted).

•••
•••
I see my original message is there now, so apologies for repeating myself. And the site is back up now too, which is great.

•••
The site is back up now, since late yesterday, I think. How do you hear from them if a domain has been accepted or rejected?

•••
The site is back up now, since late yesterday, I think. How do you hear from them if a domain has been accepted or rejected?

They send you an email.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back