IT.COM

NamePros rising in Alexa again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I notice that NamePros rising in alexa rank again

Graph

I know it is still nothing ( 26k rank and 13k last week ) comparing to december last year (about 2k rank ) , but can be this good sign to domain market? New people are coming? Fresh money?

Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am not but this just gave me hope in future :blink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think a lot is happening at the backend in alexa regarding updates of their databases marking ...

•••
It wouldn't surprise me if namepros alexa rank was rising. I see a lot more new faces at namepros these days. Plus its a fantastic forum so traffic would come naturally

•••
I would agree it looks good.

However a well respected domainer on Namepros got kicked out, got re admitted and its generating some bad press for us here. We shall see if rank goes down imo.

J

•••
No surprice. It is expected.

•••
great forum + great members + people realizing the Internet is the $$$ future = increase.

let us not forget that our industry is amongst a handful who actually project positive growth during the upcoming years

•••
It's great to see its recovering in Alexa because we've had a huge amount of new members lately and it's great to get new faces + more people wanting to buy/sell and share knowledge.

•••
jeffoverman said:
However a well respected domainer on Namepros got kicked out, got re admitted and its generating some bad press for us here. We shall see if rank goes down imo.

J

I musta missed that one...

and does one person really have the power
to affect the Alexa??

•••
mis_chiff said:
I musta missed that one...

and does one person really have the power
to affect the Alexa??
Depends how much crap they can talk. :p :laugh:

I highly doubt they can affect it, everyone has a different experience with NamePros and staff are human to ;)

Last edited:
•••
I guess we shall see the next few days. I don't have a crystal ball lol. But it made the blog, a moderator from here had to do damage control and a lot of comments. Then with domaining.com drawing the rss feed from blog more eye balls.

•••
jeffoverman said:
I guess we shall see the next few days. I don't have a crystal ball lol. But it made the blog, a moderator from here had to do damage control and a lot of comments. Then with domaining.com drawing the rss feed from blog more eye balls.
Could you PM me the link to the blog?

- Thanks.

•••
My main point was not to re bring a bad topic up and off topic. Just simply was trying to say traffic could go down some. Not saying huge amounts and only time will tell

Its good get an indication or try to on traffic from sites and Alexa but I don't really read into it as accurate. Just an estimate and with wild swings imo.

Would like to think the domain business is picking up momentum and more people aware of domaining and new people coming on here. Only management, moderators see the numbers and they know the accurate figures.

Imo domaining will be another rocky 09 and cash is king

On a new note, it is good seeing some old faces on the boards more often and always enjoy reading there posts. Hope the trend continues.

Cheers and to profitable domaining and developing everyone!

J

•••
Here's one take on the increasing interest by newbies - imagine if you were laid off from Wall Street, you got your severance but now you want to be your own boss, what could you do if you're tired of the Wall St game but still want to stay in an investing environment?
That's not my situation but I can see it happening.

•••
Totally Agree... but then, we all are going a little off the shelf.

High expeirenced users (spl. staff) who are banned might create a new company,
They might talk more in against about the site they were banned from by their networks, affiliates and sending a bad wave.

Even if new users are joining, they cannot compete the experience !
NP Should be looking at to review their banning policy and their staff judgements ;)

(Please NP Staff, forgive me)

They should if are highly skilled keep an eye of some high exp. or long term users who are banned ;) ( i do not know the legal issues here)

•••
I find Compete.com to be a much more accurate traffic metric than Alexa.

If you have a few websites, you'll see how wrong Alexa can be. One of my sites got stumbled on January 1st and ended up getting nearly 3 times as much traffic as it's ever gotten before, yet Alexa shows it's traffic for the day decreasing (?).

Compete.com only measures USA traffic, so it would be impossible to know from looking at Compete the complete picture (such as if Namepros is getting more popular in China, UK, Australia, etc), however it gives a pretty good picture of the situation in the USA imho and extrapolating the results is at worst, far more accurate than Alexa.

If you look at it here: http://siteanalytics.compete.com/namepros.com/?metric=uv , Nov08 vs Nov07 USA traffic appears to be up about 30% which is a very respectable number, especially considering the financial meltdown.

•••
jeffoverman said:
I would agree it looks good.

J

Who got kicked out?

Thank you, Ali

•••
There's no way for anyone to measure the amount of traffic a website is getting -- without installing something (code snippet, for example) on it that actually shows real data about the traffic.

If you want to know everything about the traffic your website is getting, use Awstats or install Google Analytics (I prefer the latter).

Alexa really sucks. It measures the number of visitors who use the Alexa toolbar. How many of you use it?

•••
domain_name said:

They might talk more in against about the site they were banned from by their networks, affiliates and sending a bad wave.

NP Should be looking at to review their banning policy and their staff judgements ;)

They should if are highly skilled keep an eye of some high exp. or long term users who are banned ;) ( i do not know the legal issues here)

If you have something to address to NamePros Staff, please feel free to PM any of us ;)

-Galel

•••
Galel said:
domain_name said:

If you have something to address to NamePros Staff, please feel free to PM any of us ;)

-Galel

Definitely ... :)

•••
dmi said:
There's no way for anyone to measure the amount of traffic a website is getting -- without installing something (code snippet, for example) on it that actually shows real data about the traffic.

If you want to know everything about the traffic your website is getting, use Awstats or install Google Analytics (I prefer the latter).

Alexa really sucks. It measures the number of visitors who use the Alexa toolbar. How many of you use it?

It wasn't a point of this thread. I was looking traffic based on the same site.
If you weigh your weight once with steelyard that lies 10 Kg and you have 80Kg and you do the same with same steelyard in one month and you have 85Kg this mean that you got 5Kg, doesn't matter if it lies or not.

I am just saying that domain traffic is growing and this is good sign IMO.

•••
I know what your point was, and I agree.

I just wanted to make things clear about Alexa. :)

zems said:
It wasn't a point of this thread. I was looking traffic based on the same site.
If you weigh your weight once with steelyard that lies 10 Kg and you have 80Kg and you do the same with same steelyard in one month and you have 85Kg this mean that you got 5Kg, doesn't matter if it lies or not.

•••
zems said:
^^ :bingo:

I think that 2009 is going to be the year of "second incomes" and many people are going to look towards domaining and web development to create an additional revenue stream for themselves.

•••
•••
thanks. downloaded and insatlled, only worried me this bar is the browser new window takes time (as it loads the alexa as well :( )
currently showing 26092 up by 10107

•••
domain_name said:

Funny you should say that ...

;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back