IT.COM

Alexa traffic rank question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

navpros

Geaux Tigahs!Account Closed
Impact
From time-to-time I will visit alexa and type in the url of my website (dandydomain.com) and sometimes it shows traffic rank for the day, week, month, and at other times it only shows traffic rank for the week, month. If it does not show traffic rank for the day, does that mean there is NO traffic for that particular day?? Maybe a silly question, but I am curious to know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've noticed stats missing here and there as well - Though I really dont pay much mind to actual traffic stats -

•••
thanks man....at one point I could see all stats daily and I know from cpanel that the traffic is still there plus from the registrations/hosting themselves ordered from my site. Just last few weeks missing data it seems at alexa. Hmm...who knows.

Thanks for the reply.

•••
I don't think there's any missing data in Alexa.
In order to get a daily rank, a certain amount of people, wich has installed the Alexa toolbar, has to visit your site.
And on the blank days you mentioned, this has most probably not happened.

Alexa stats are highly unreliable. (at least over 20,000)
Most people who has installed the Alexa toolbar are interested in computer tech etc.., and sites about that tends to rank much higher than other general interest sites, wich may have higher traffic.

You can also push you own site to the to 100,000 just by installing the Alexa bar at your own computer, and visit your own site every day...

•••
Originally posted by Redleg
I don't think there's any missing data in Alexa.
In order to get a daily rank, a certain amount of people, wich has installed the Alexa toolbar, has to visit your site.
And on the blank days you mentioned, this has most probably not happened.

Alexa stats are highly unreliable. (at least over 20,000)
Most people who has installed the Alexa toolbar are interested in computer tech etc.., and sites about that tends to rank much higher than other general interest sites, wich may have higher traffic.

You can also push you own site to the to 100,000 just by installing the Alexa bar at your own computer, and visit your own site every day...

Interesting. Thanks for the info. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back