Payoneer

NamePros Reported Domain Sales - March 2018

Discussion in 'Domain Industry News' started by Josh R, .

Replies:
Views:

1. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & TheDomainBlog.com PRO NamePros Supporter VIP

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TERADOMAIN

TERADOMAIN Business Member Business Account VIP

Thank you brother for sharing. I really appreciate your effort.

Thanks

3. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & TheDomainBlog.com PRO NamePros Supporter VIP

Thansk @TERADOMAIN - Great community here for the most part and I'll do my best to help out.

Hoping to see lots more sales in April from everyone!

Last edited:
  4. stub

stub Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Where do you find these sales on NP if we would want to view the progress as the days go by?

5. Josh R

It’s all taken from the domain name sales section.

6. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM Business Account VIP

So the data is related to Sales/Purchases between NamePro members only. Right? The data does not include Sales by NamePros members outside Namepros. Right? Most of the NamePros members sell their domain names in other marketplaces also.
    Please clarify. Thank you.

7. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Member Services, NamePros Member Services PRO Business Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

They're sales reported by NamePros members, regardless of where they took place. Some sales occurred through NamePros.com, email, etc.

Bonus: We just added https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-domain-name-sales-content.1027781/

Hope that helps,

8. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM Business Account VIP

9. cipcip

cipcip Owner of tel.re - Next gen tel registry. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't think it is Namepros only, I never saw a sale on namepros higher than 100-200$
    Private probably

10. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Member Services, NamePros Member Services PRO Business Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

The second highest sale in this report took place on NamePros:

As I've covered before:

Hope that helps ;)

11. namerav

namerav Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

IMOH the information which we get in this forum is indispensable and we carry forward these info to make sales here in the community as well as outside.

12. stub

OK. So this is reported sales. Not sales made on NP (which was what I thought). Does the sale have to be reported by the owner/seller? Or can anyone report a sale they don't own?

13. atinc

atinc ∴ Entrepreneur ∴ VIP

Josh, Thanks for your time and effort on reporting such valuable information.

I see that you are dedicated on what you are doing and smart on creating quality content for your publications.

Thanks!

We need more people like you in our community!

I also enjoy watching Omar & Will series. Would love to see you guys co-operate in some Vlogs.

@Willox Perez @Omar Negron

14. Josh R

@stub - these are reported sales by NamePros members. They are reported by the owner/seller and most of the time, can’t be found elsewhere.

I also did a report in Jan and Feb.

15. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

Most people here add '/' between the words so that these sales don't get archived by Google.. they won't appreciate it.

16. atinc

atinc ∴ Entrepreneur ∴ VIP

If they already sold the name why would they want to hide it from Google?

Isn't it the buyers concern?

Just don't get it, hope someone can explain why.

17. Josh R

As I have said before, those that specifically note that they don’t want the sale archived can say so when reporting a sale. However if there is good reason for not wanting it archived then I highly recommend not reporting the sale because anyone can type it out afterwards.

In February there were a couple sales by @Recons.Com where he specifically asked not to have the name indexed so you’ll see in my Feb report that “/“ were added.

You can’t please everyone but I’ll try ;)

18. Josh R

The only valid reason would be an NDA or a handshake agreement with the buyer. In either scenario it shouldn’t be reported at all.

I think it became fashionable to add a degree of mystery to the sale by adding “/“ between words and extensions.

19. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

Sometimes we don't want the buyer to see the details behind the sale that we share at NamePros, like purchase price.

20. golan

golan Leo.Domains Business Account VIP

Yes this is the buyer's concern, in a way. But is a sign of seller's respect and courtesy to the buyer. After selling the domain, i don't go to the market square and start yelling - i sold this and this for that much. My buyer has a full right to privacy, and he expects it from me. Of course it can't be fully private on a public auctions, but at least i can try.

Last edited:
  21. stub

Yes and it's a very useful addition to all the more formal notifications of sales. DNJournal being the gold standard :)

22. stub

Personally. If they have a NDA, or don't have the specific agreement from the buyer, I don't think sellers should be reporting their sales at all. either disguised or not. I think their is something "shady" about publishing domain sales prices without the specific consent of the buyer. Who now owns the domain.

Also. What verification is done that the transaction ever took place?

23. Josh R

Good question.
    The sales that look questionable, I do a little back-end research on DomainIQ. Most members that are posting in the completed sales thread I'm pretty familiar with though.

24. Leo Angelo

Leo Angelo Business Member Business Account NamePros Supporter

disregard, please

Last edited:
  25. Josh R

I don't see that it has affected the number of members reporting their sales at all. Maybe in a positive way you mean?

This is the 3rd report and total sales numbers have gone up month over month....not down.

In fact we have over 20 reported sales already in the first 4 days of the month...

Last edited:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!