IT.COM

status-done NamePros censorship?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Namepros, has deleted my last 4 posts, in the thread Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here.

First 2, were me thanking folks, for answering questions I asked and making relevant comments.

Second 2, were me explaining why my thanks, to them and relevant comments were deleted (Reason: Please use the like or thank button), which I went back and used but I also reposted my relevant comments, which were deleted again (Reason: Off-topic).

I’d appreciate your thoughts and feedback, on what appears to be uncalled-for Namepros censorship.

Where can you see a previous sale of same for $999?

You can see it here when you type it in Godaddy appraisals. https://prnt.sc/leys3e
P.s that wasn't meant in bad faith was just stating my observation. I don't get the hate :xf.confused: I did congratulate @1Darko who I know is a great guy for a quick and profitable flip.

***Post deleted***
Thanks!
Interesting, One of my .coms, at NC, expired and 31 days later was auctioned off by "upstream vendors", at GD expired auctions but it doesn’t show in GD appraisals, as a β€œcomparable sale”, to itself. FWIW: I didn’t take it as bad faith, but rather useful information.
***Post deleted***

Where can you see this info on visitors?

SimilarWeb.com

***Post deleted***
Thanks!
Adding SW to resources.
***Post deleted***

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Never heard of censorship here. Just a matter of the rules.

•••
that thread is for posting sales only
and ask couple questions if seller forgot to mention in sale post.. like venue.. inbound outbound etc

nobody gets away with posting anything else there.. not just you... so its all just called rules.. not censorship

so if I were you I'd not waste of my time taking this personally.

•••
It's policy to keep threads on focus. I get posts removed to, most people do. Happens when you go off topic. Not censorship.

•••
I wish the thread allowed no questions and only used the like button. Since some chit chat is allowed and some isn’t its both annoying and confusing at times. I mean really is it vitally important to know how long the person held the name how many outbounds they did etc? I would much prefer just the facts and not commentary and questions.

•••
I wish the thread allowed no questions and only used the like button. Since some chit chat is allowed and some isn’t its both annoying and confusing at times. I mean really is it vitally important to know how long the person held the name how many outbounds they did etc? I would much prefer just the facts and not commentary and questions.

the ideal solution would be to create a template for all to stick to.

that thread should absolutely have no other posts besides a post with a sale post from each seller.

•••

that thread should absolutely have no other posts besides a post with a sale post from each seller.

I agree and if someone doesn’t fill in a line it means they don’t want to share. I only look at the thread periodically now because there is so much nonsense like did you point the servers where etc.

•••
A thread to chat about latest sales as well as the normal thread for posting latest sales might be best.

•••
I agree and if someone doesn’t fill in a line it means they don’t want to share. I only look at the thread periodically now because there is so much nonsense like did you point the servers where etc.

its just about the best and most informative/popular thread on np (not to take away from countless other useful ones)... so the mods should make sure it stays that way...

if I were the mods, I'd create special template for it.

of course some fields like price and name should not be optional... or sale venue. but I do agree with you that some other fields could remain optional.

perhaps we can put some of this into action mods? @Support Team

•••
I read the rules...I did not post "great sale" or similar, IMHO. Also, unless I missed something, the only thing I read about asking questions was the following...

Lyte said:
β€œOr, can questions regarding a particular sale be posted too. :|β€œ

Gene Said:
β€œSure, why not? As long as it doesn't distract from the thread too much.”

I don’t believe, my questions distracted from the thread, too much. If they did, my apologies, but it may have been helpful, for @Support Team to message me, at that point.

That said, if most prefer no questions, in this thread, then I agree (oops, is there a button, for that?) :xf.rolleyes: with suggestions posted here about a template to stick to and/or a separate thread, to post sales and chat about sales.

@Support Team, Either way, if it’s not too trouble, clarifying the rules would be very helpful!

•••
That particular thread is ridiculously off topic every day. It's pretty annoying to keep getting alerts for it then when I arrive I see "Congrats!!!!!" fifty times down the page... and it leads to full blown conversations about other stuff too. Thank the mods for cleaning it. Also the mods should babysit that thread since it happens so much :ROFL: (and chat room too btw, also something bad going on in there.)

FFS use the Thanks button or Like button instead (this is not directed at OP, just in general.)

Last edited:
•••
I am counting on NP
To stay censorship-free...even as the world splits into teams.

•••

A thread to chat about latest sales as well as the normal thread for posting latest sales might be best.
The best thing to do in these cases is to start a new thread with the rules and structure that you'd like to have. We don't change the purpose or function of existing threads.

I'd create special template for it.
Fortunately, there is a template offered in the first post:

Either way, if it’s not too trouble, clarifying the rules would be very helpful!
The additional thread-specific rules of a thread are set by the thread creator when they choose the title and first post. In this case, the rules are fairly clear, but there is some subjectivity to it. We do not monitor that thread, which means if we are taking action against your posts in it, then your peers have reported you and a moderator has agreed with their report. While it may be subjective sometimes, it is being agreed upon by community members and moderators before an action is taken.

As for posting off-topic and trying to discuss moderation activities in the thread, those are general rules that can be found here:
If you have a question about moderation or anything else, please contact customer support. Discussing moderation in a thread about domain sales is never on topic; the topic is domain sales, not the moderation of its thread.

Namepros censorship?
If you'd like to call it censorship when we enforce the rules and keep the many members happy who are reporting your posts, then yes, you could call it that.

Despite what you choose to call it, please follow the rules.

Thank you.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back