IT.COM

status-resolved Has anyone here Ever had their Post Deleted Unfairly?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
Since I can't discuss or complain about why a few of my posts in one of the threads was deleted. I figured I'd start a post to discuss it.

So has anyone ever felt that their post was deleted unfairly?

Case in point. I mentioned some domains I registered. Then someone proceed to comment that my domains were problems with Trademark. Fine. So I proceeded to correct this person in rebuttal. yet somehow only my rebuttal was deleted under the reason as "off topic" yet this other person's remarks wasn't.

If we really must be facist about things then shouldn't this person's trademark comment be deleted too? I mean why am I not allowed to rebuttal on trademark issues? especially if someone "took it there"?

I mean seriously. kinda one sided don't you think? or is it because the person mentioning the trademark issue is an "established member" which means they are what? A Namepros employee? so it's ok then to poo poo on my domain reg? I mean I can respect anyone's opinion but let me reply back in return. Fair is fair is it not?

If someone brings up a Trademark issue in a VR domain discussion then isn't that OFF TOPIC too? and if it's NOT then this person has literally given me the right to rebuttal. Namepros seems to have some kind of favoritism here. Fair or unfair?

Has anyone experienced this? if so let's hear it. This is an open forum after all. And I am creating this brand new ON TOPIC DISCUSSION about DELETED POSTS.

So let's hear it.

I openly admit some of my posts were justifiably deleted because I was an idiot and not thinking but this time around? I JUST DON'T GET IT.

Someone please explain?

And just so that I'm not the ONLY ONE in the BOAT. Someone PLEASE SHARE your own EXPERIENCE similar to this? Thanks.

Answer: https://www.namepros.com/posts/5389966/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yep, I've had posts deleted many times, have been warned to be nice. Since it's not my house I must abide by the rules when inside the house.

It is what it is, don't take it personally I didn't.

•••
oh I never take it personally. an explanation would be nice if we're being civil about it. sometimes when it happens you just say "Huh?" or "Whaaaa?"

Anyone else? thanks Mad409

•••
"Unfairly" and "Biased" are very subjective and "loaded" terms. Don't take it personally, I've had posts deleted. NP's house = NP's rules -- whether you like them or not...

When issues (deletions) have occurred I've discussed it with mods or Erik and that was that (I've never prevailed.) But at least things were discussed and I came away with a better understanding of what their concerns were.

Either you get over it and move forward or you don't and just stew in your own juices and let it bring you down. Personally, I don't let things get my panties in a wad.. NP's overall value FAR out weighs the occasional "problem" I may encounter here.

•••
ok I see what you are saying. but let me put things into perspective for you. see what you just wrote? you took the time to right that right? and I'm sure you feel strongly about what you've just written yes? and I'm sure you believe that it's appropriate for the topic of this thread yes? and you took time out of whatever better things you could have done instead of giving your two cents to a total stranger yes?

ok......now imagine all of it was DELETED? poof!

how do you feel now? it's as if what you've just said meant nothing. poof! gone.

I get the rules. I think whats bugging me more is that thee other person's posts weren't removed but mines were?

you mentioned my "loaded" words? well that my friend well this situation I mean is a LOAD. but anyways whatever NP's house NP's rules.

•••
...ok......now imagine all of it was DELETED? poof!

how do you feel now? it's as if what you've just said meant nothing. poof! gone.

... I've had posts deleted. NP's house = NP's rules -- whether you like them or not...

When issues (deletions) have occurred I've discussed it with mods or Erik and that was that (I've never prevailed.) But at least things were discussed and I came away with a better understanding of what their concerns were.

Either you get over it and move forward or you don't and just stew in your own juices and let it bring you down. Personally, I don't let things get my panties in a wad.. NP's overall value FAR out weighs the occasional "problem" I may encounter here.

•••
"Unfairly" and "Biased" are very subjective and "loaded" terms. Don't take it personally, I've had posts deleted. NP's house = NP's rules -- whether you like them or not...

Well said!

ok......now imagine all of it was DELETED? poof!

He feels nothing. He doesn't take it personally. It happens to the best of us.

Simply put: rewrite it, don't cry about it.

Unless of course, you are trying to play the part of your avatar. It seems like he'd be pretty pissed off if he had his post deleted. ;)

•••
ok I just posted in the thread where my post was deleted. by accident I was page 1 of the thread. and wouldn't you know it? the first page of the thread? had an adult domain on it? lol shaking my head.

•••
oh what I'm a baby now? lol alright alright. whatever. I'm figuring no one has the guts to post their REAL reactions on here about when their posts got deleted for fear of getting banned. lol that's fine. it's all good. moving forward.

•••
ok I just posted in the thread where my post was deleted. by accident I was page 1 of the thread. and wouldn't you know it? the first page of the thread? had an adult domain on it? lol shaking my head.

Yep! That's one of those quirky things that you'll encounter here and I know it can really get under your skin if you let it.

•••
oh what I'm a baby now?

We're all babies at one time or another.

I've been where you're at now. In full troll rage when NamePros has deleted on of my posts. The important thing to remember is it happens to everyone and not to take it personally.

•••
Again I must REPEAT ok? it's not so much that my post was deleted but that the person I was rebutting too or replying to about my domain having trademark issues got to keep her smart alec remarks in.

Last edited:
•••
I go to the last full page on the VR thread and see you have 10 posts on that page (including one whopper, and three posts in a row). So not like you're being silenced in the thread

https://www.namepros.com/threads/virtual-reality-domains-vr.823495/page-667

The themed threads can get sidetracked real easy.

A person giving a comment that a domain has a trademark would not be sidetracking. But when it is turned into a "no it's not" then all of a sudden the thread is turned into the legal section.

Thanks for understanding.

•••
•••
so it is one side then? what if me posting my domains in that thread was for the purpose of showcasing my domain so that maybe who knows someone in the thread liked one of my domains. especially the one that was mentioned as being trademarked? then that trademark basically prevented me from getting a potential buyer yes?

so in that scenario I lost a sale because I couldn't DEFEND that my domain doesn't have a trademark issue?

tell me again why I wouldn't find issue with that?

of course this is all hypothetical because I can't prove there was or wasn't an actual potential buyer or interested party on that thread. but that's besides the point. the point is it was or could have been a possibility. This is afterall NAMEPROS where buyers and sellers of domains mingle yes?

•••
You can always go back to post where you mention your name and add to the post. Or open a thread in the legal section and debate the TM and link to it.

Good Luck

•••
ehhh what's the point I've calmed down already. who gives an F? thanks everyone.

•••
•••
Back to Domaining Like a BOSS! lol

•••
The only posts that should be removed are ones that violate a rule. If you see a post that you feel violates a rule and should also be removed, but was missed by staff, please report the post so staff can investigate further. With literally thousands of posts per day, it's hard for staff to catch every single rule violation. Your reports help staff stay on top of keeping the community clean and threads on-topic.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
It's ok I'm over it. I feel singled out but I'm over it. That post is here....woops. I see it WAS REMOVED since I snitched on it. Good to see that. Thanks. It's no big deal really. I'm over it. I'm assuming anyone can just take "pot shots" on Namepros at people's domains without the means of the victim of the "pot shots" to retaliate. I think that just signals "open season" for me to poo poo on everyone else's registrations if they are bold enough to mention their registrations no? what's allowed is allow yes? am I correct with that assumption Eric? Because that would mean I would be within my rights on Namepros to do this yes?

I can only imagine maybe whoever was looking at those specific domains that the other NP user mentioned trademark on maybe was discouraged by the comment and become maybe no interested in my domains? which means I lost a potential buyer. ( if this interested part was actually real of course). I'm speaking hypothetical of course.

Do you see what I'm saying here? I've always felt that Namepros was a community that fostered helping people learn and helping each other out to sell a domain. not attack each other under the disguise of "helpful info".

If I'm wrong here just let me know. But that's how I feel about it. but any which way the moment is passed and it's done. sorry for the hassle.

•••
It's ok I'm over it. I feel singled out but I'm over it. That post is here....woops. I see it WAS REMOVED since I snitched on it. Good to see that. Thanks. It's no big deal really. I'm over it. I'm assuming anyone can just take "pot shots" on Namepros at people's domains without the means of the victim of the "pot shots" to retaliate. I think that just signals "open season" for me to poo poo on everyone else's registrations if they are bold enough to mention their registrations no? what's allowed is allow yes? am I correct with that assumption Eric? Because that would mean I would be within my rights on Namepros to do this yes?

I can only imagine maybe whoever was looking at those specific domains that the other NP user mentioned trademark on maybe was discouraged by the comment and become maybe no interested in my domains? which means I lost a potential buyer. ( if this interested part was actually real of course). I'm speaking hypothetical of course.

Do you see what I'm saying here? I've always felt that Namepros was a community that fostered helping people learn and helping each other out to sell a domain. not attack each other under the disguise of "helpful info".

If I'm wrong here just let me know. But that's how I feel about it. but any which way the moment is passed and it's done. sorry for the hassle.
You are not being singled out, it just happens that a lot of your posts have been reported for some form of rule violation, which includes taking threads off topic.

Did you report any of the instances you are referring to seeing so staff can investigate? If a rule violation is present, staff will make sure that the proper actions are taken. Keep in mind, NamePros gets thousands of posts per day, staff is not able to monitor every single post made, so if you see a rule violation please be sure to report it so staff can assist you and the community.

Additionally, please don't take appraisals personal. Everyone has a different method of evaluating domains and everyone also feels that their own portfolio is better than anyone elses. It's common for people to have a different opinion of value and rare that a gem will surface for appraisal that will attract praise from everyone.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
ok you know what? this is getting pretty annoying now. alright? I think I've been pretty much following the line on that VR domains thread. I think someone over there keeps snitching on me WHOLESALE now. since the last 3 posts on there. I have made a point NOT to be "off thread" and still I'm being deleted? I'm going to need someone to show me EXACTLY what is being deleted now. This is getting ridiculous.

Is it possible to see the most recent deletion please? Is someone snitching on me on purpose? can you tell me who? someone in that post has mentioned that "to watch out we have a snitch in this thread" I think someone in that post wants to move whatever agenda he has forward possibly to promote his domains and push out other domains that might jeopardize his or her own vr domains? To what end? I have no idea. am i just being paranoid now?

I tell you right now Eric. I get one warning? I heed that warning. and I know eventually with each VR thread deletion. my namepros account will be banned or threatened? I rather not. so because of this situation. I choosing quit contributing to that VR thread. if I find out who that person is we are going to have a problem.

•••
Every day, there is one thread that I find amusing....
Today, this thread is the one!
And the threats....
Love that part.....

•••
it's an empty threat of course. how the heck could I possibly logistically make it happen?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back