Dynadot

poll NamePros Alexa Rank predictions for year-end

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Where will NamePros end 2019 for traffic?

• 4th (tie)

Better than 10,000

votes
    0.0%
  • 4th (tie)

Between 10,000 and 15,000

votes
    0.0%
  • 4th (tie)

Between 20,000 and 25,000

votes
    0.0%

• 17 votes
  • Ended 5 years ago
  • Final results

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
In case you were not paying attention, the Alexa rank of NamePros is going through the roof. This place is rocking with great content and great community. It is quite a thing!

upload_2019-9-3_14-16-41.png
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/namepros.com

Earlier today, I made a private prediction that NamePros will continue to grow in popularity. Just for giggles, I thought I would share my prediction.

I predict that NamePros will end 2019 with an Alexa rank of better than 25,000.

What's your prediction?

Cast you ballot before September 30,2019.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As for @Gube, everyone here knows that it is Guy Bertrand. He is a talented high school kid in Belgium. I don't know why he uses that avatar but I think he said it inspired him:

As for those email templates, I think this was indeed a gift:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/yall-wanna-shoot-the-moon.1162085/

I see quite a bit more deal flow than you probably realize.
Correct, It's this one.
I see it has a great motivational video, I listen more to the audio version, right here :
But the original is nice too

Just do it, Make your dreams come true!

Gube

•••
Momentum building:

Show attachment 134503

I am upgrading my forecast from 25,000 to 10,000. This is no small feat because once you get into the top 25,000, the traffic competition becomes a lot more formidable. It is the nature of "winner take all" when it comes to the Internet and human attention:

Visitors-vs.-Rank.jpeg

Why do I care at all about NamePros' Alexa rank? Because it is a metric of IMPACT, and it is an indicator of making the pie bigger.

A few essential things:

1. NamePros has a reputation for be toxic. I see why people think that. Please stop pooping all over each other. The edgelord stuff that goes on here sometimes is an impediment to people engaging.

2. Share more threads and posts outside of NP. You can link any post to outside social media or from blogs using the share link which includes built-in sharing tools.

3. Tend the grounds and raise the bar. NamePros management is open to feedback and suggestions. They are fallible humans despite the mysterious aloofness of most of the people involved.

4. Include your NamePros profile URL in your social media profiles and add it to your Email signature. It is another painless away to increase awareness, and that backlink is a SEO signal.

What are your ideas? Any other upgraded predictions?

upload_2019-11-24_3-47-23.png

Last edited:
•••

Glad I am not the only one who checks that ranking.

My December 31, 2019 prediction is 14,800. That is a pretty big jump from where we are today, but I am counting on guys like @Pat8 to unleash the social media beast as he teaches as people to fish. The single highest concentration of skilled fishermen are at NamePros. If you want to fish, hang out at NP.

•••
I have to point out it usually goes up Q3/Q4. It will probably go down again next Spring/Summer. I will probably quote this post when that happens.

Is there a place to see historical Alexa rankings?

Last edited:
•••
I have to point out it usually goes up Q3/Q4. It will probably go down again next Spring/Summer. I will probably quote this post when that happens.

Is there a place to see historical Alexa rankings?

That might be a #PartyPooper comment there. :)

In all seriousness, I have no idea if there is seasonality. I also have no idea if Alexa is anything more than a dull knife. NP management could do themselves a favor by sharing an objective review of traffic outlook.

•••
That might be a #PartyPooper comment there. :)

In all seriousness, I have no idea if there is seasonality. I also have no idea if Alexa is anything more than a dull knife. NP management could do themselves a favor by sharing an objective review of traffic outlook.

Spring/Summer, days are longer, people are less at their computer, nicer outside, vacation time etc. Fall/Winter the opposite. I remember reading some old marketing study some merchant sent me about that. Overall. I feel it's the same with domain inquiries/sales. Still get inquiries/sales year round, seems to pick up just a bit Q4/Q1. Not sure on that one overall, just seems that way for me, probably a thread somewhere going thru it.

Maybe a blog post for somebody who's into stats.

Found thread on it - https://www.namepros.com/threads/seasonal-cycles-in-domaining.1030356/

Last edited:
•••
Spring/Summer, days are longer, people are less at their computer, nicer outside, vacation time etc. Fall/Winter the opposite. I remember reading some old marketing study some merchant sent me about that. Overall. I feel it's the same with domain inquiries/sales. Still get inquiries/sales year round, seems to pick up just a bit Q4/Q1. Not sure on that one overall, just seems that way for me, probably a thread somewhere going thru it.

Maybe a blog post for somebody who's into stats.

Found thread on it - https://www.namepros.com/threads/seasonal-cycles-in-domaining.1030356/

I wonder if Black Friday / Cyber Monday helps with namepros traffic.

EG. maybe domainers who don't normally flock to forums, flock to namePros to find out where the new hotness is at.

Here's todays alexa screenshot for nP

upload_2019-12-3_14-51-20.png

Global rank increased.

United States rank decreased.

Does that hypothesize USA domainers were busy blackfriday cybermonday shopping, while domainers from other countries flocked to nP, thus picking up the traffic deficit, and subsequently carrying (growing) the global ranking?

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if Black Friday / Cyber Monday helps with namepros traffic.

EG. maybe domainers who don't normally flock to forums, flock to namePros to find out where the new hotness is at.

Here's todays alexa screenshot for nP

Show attachment 137874

Global rank increased.

United States rank decreased.

Does that hypothesize USA domainers were busy blackfriday cybermonday shopping, while domainers from other countries flocked to nP, thus picking up the traffic deficit, and subsequently carrying (growing) the global ranking?

It looks like 15K by year-end is going to be a push. However, glad to see NP already ahead of my forecast for the year-end. Hope that growth continues as the industry onboards tens of thousands of new domaniers.

•••
So where all this traffic increase comes from?

Are there some main sources, like domaining blogs, or some social media? :)

•••
So where all this traffic increase comes from?

Are there some main sources, like domaining blogs, or some social media? :)

Emerging marks Bro. Domainers from places like India, Nigeria, Indonesia, Pakistan. They are mastering some outbound and then shooting the moon on the side.

The big question now is who gets to Alexa 15,000 first? NamePros or Epik?

Here is NP:

upload_2019-12-12_21-4-32.png

Here is Epik:

upload_2019-12-12_21-4-6.png

Epik is focused on making the pie bigger. Everyone can do this.

Forget about competing over a shrinking pie.

Focus on making the pie bigger (more domainers), deeper (better portfolios) and juicier (higher exit prices). I believe it is happening. The emerging market domainers are slaying at targeted outbound.

I see this trend accelerating in 2020.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like the 20K mark will fall soon!

upload_2019-12-21_7-45-40.png

Good job from the community. The year 2019 has been an impressive growth story for NamePros.

•••
From 60k to 20k in 4 months (September - December 2019), so we have +/- 2 months left before the NP hit the #1 @ Alexa

•••
From 60k to 20k in 4 months (September - December 2019), so we have +/- 2 months left before the NP hit the #1 @ Alexa

Funny one -- the next 10,000 will not come nearly as easy. The nature of "winner take all" economies is that the competition gets tougher as you go.

However, NP is wiping the floor compared to peer forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
19k or still 20k?

I think 20K ... and probably just barely.

The next 10K will be a slog. There are a lot of big websites these days!

The international community is poised to grow massively.

However, to really grow, NP would need to become more transactionally cohesive and more real-time.

I think a NamePros browser plugin is a good place to start.

@Paul Buonopane

•••
I think 20K ... and probably just barely.

The next 10K will be a slog. There are a lot of big websites these days!

The international community is poised to grow massively.

However, to really grow, NP would need to become more transactionally cohesive and more real-time.

I think a NamePros browser plugin is a good place to start.

@Paul Buonopane

More real-time content, and more responsiveness too ...

so far, scandalous content is still a #1 fav and constructive communication is a short film, for now ...

•••
Congrats to @The Durfer -- the lone prophet of the thread:

upload_2019-12-28_19-29-28.png

Turns out he was might. We might have to listen to him more often! Nicely done.

•••
•••
It seems the Pakis have finally shown up on Alexa's map:

upload_2020-1-17_17-9-7.png

I think there are at least as many Nigerians here as there are Pakistanis.

I have some reason to believe that the Jamaicans will be here soon. Seriously. The Jamaican Bobsled team came up with some new skills!

10K countdown.

•••
current stats # 18,400 < that's fast, right?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
As predicted: like a hot knife through butter.

upload_2020-2-3_15-55-46.png

•••
About how many daily unique visitors does this translate into?

•••
•••
namePros.com looks to be on track to break 10,000 by the end of the year.

upload_2020-4-4_14-31-12.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back