NameSilo

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

DanSanchez

Templars.comTop Member
Impact
3,572
NameLiquidate.com is a liquidation platform for domainers, registrars, and wholesale buyers of domains. The market was carefully crafted from an idea on Dec. 3rd 2019 - Completed within 30 days, and has been a work-in-progress since.

You can read the origins of this idea and the subsequent discussions that took place between December 3 2019 to March 8 2020.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...m-seeking-input-for-new-epik-project.1166450/

We hope to further develop this liquidation market to help domain investors recover precious capital for other renewals or reinvestments. Our intention is to capitalize on the underutilized and often ignored, expiry stream. Those domains which eventually end up in the hands of big domain houses for resale, with no compensation to the previous registrant/owner.

You will see regular updates and notifications on this thread.

Personal note from @DanSanchez: My original intent was to help expiring domains become more liquid and to pass on the capital back to the original registrant at Epik. Since it's inception, NameLiquidate has evolved into a full liquidation platform for new, expiring, and aged domains. I hope to see participation here, questions and doubts will also be welcomed.

My future goal is to invite more registrars to send their expiry stream through NameLiquidate, compensate their previous registrants, and to foster a cooperative attitude for long-term relationships. ​

Please contact support here, by DM, or via our support chat at Epik.

NameLiquidate FAQ:

Nameliquidate.com/faq

NameLiquidate API Documentation
https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/Liquidate/liquidateAddDomain

Product Manager @DanSanchez

Twitter: @NameLiquidate
 
21
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
i bought my first domain there. payed 9 USD for the domain and 35 USD for renewal of the domain.... :xf.frown: Not sure i will buy on this platform again.

I mean I like the idea but this 35 USD renewal fee and payments to Masterbucks when you sold something is a bit combersame.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
I've written to the owner of ExpiredDomain.net, he is aware of the existence of NL and Bargain marketplaces. He told me he'll implement them when he has the time.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if anybody empowers domainers more than expireddomains.net.

Still, the expireddomains.net addition may help the advanced buyer, as does downloading NL inventory and importing it into their own sorting system.

However, I still feel NL home page needs to include sortable metrics so every buyer is able to find a great domain quickly, and not just a select set of buyers.

Also, if there is an issue of buyers coming and going, why doesn't NL add a keyword alert system?

If when logged in, the buyer can add keywords they're interested in. Then they can be (emailed) alerted based off (a) alert me if "keyword" domains reach bargain, or (b) an alert immediately after "keyword" domains are added to NL.
 
6
•••
i bought my first domain there. payed 9 USD for the domain and 35 USD for renewal of the domain.... :xf.frown: Not sure i will buy on this platform again.

I mean I like the idea but this 35 USD renewal fee and payments to Masterbucks when you sold something is a bit combersame.
Make sure you contact @Rob Monster to request NamePros pricing so you're getting the best deal around.
 
3
•••
I appreciate your passion @DanSanchez and mean no disrespect. I simply hope my feedback is recorded, and those with decision making positions stop robby and rallying around and start taking this project as serious as it appears you do, Dan.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, I take no offense to any of it. This is precious market feedback that likely reflects what more than one person feels. I can see your frustrations while searching for a domain to buy, it is not the smoothest possible application of a search form.

My original concept for the search form was dramatically different than this. NL is undergoing a serious transformation right now, since the beginning of May we have been fine tuning the processes on both sides and adding more robust features. The search form is one of the many focus points. Among the changes coming is a watching list. Something we all desperately need.

I will push back a bit, the atmosphere in which NL was born depends on change. You may not notice the small adjustments we make on an almost daily basis, but NL is in a constant state of motion. The engineering team has been incredible at keeping up with the pace.

My point being, we are not standing still.

NL just crossed it's 1000th sale, a long way from the December 27th launch! I would urge you to utilize NL anyway and see some of the value others have experienced. Ultimately this is becoming the most fluid liquidation marketplace and it will continue it's gradual improvement.

Thank you again for the feedback, it has been heard and there will be a shift towards improving the search form, among other things =)
i bought my first domain there. payed 9 USD for the domain and 35 USD for renewal of the domain.... :xf.frown: Not sure i will buy on this platform again.

I mean I like the idea but this 35 USD renewal fee and payments to Masterbucks when you sold something is a bit combersame.
Will PM you now to solve this!
 
6
•••
One issue I see is a lack of followup with purchases at nameliquidate domain transfers that fail due to bad authorization codes after they are bought, they just sit there, nobody actions them again a week or two after...
 
Last edited:
2
•••
One issue I see is a lack of followup with purchases at nameliquidate domain transfers that fail due to bad authorization codes after they are bought, they just sit there, nobody actions them again a week or two after...

Shoot me a message if your transfer gets stuck, please. I can handle it quickly. We have had some transfers fail but it shouldn't be happening. The auth codes are programmed to be checked every day. Will have engineering take a look at why this is an issue at all. Will PM you now.

EDIT: The system sends a reminder email to the seller, will add a reminder email to the buyer, so the buyer can easily re-start the failed transfer.

At any point, you can check and restart the domains that need to be delivered here: https://registrar.epik.com/domains-delivery
 
Last edited:
5
•••
You may not notice the small adjustments we make on an almost daily basis, but NL is in a constant state of motion. The engineering team has been incredible at keeping up with the pace.
Perhaps while they are adjusting things they could change it back so default sort is by Time Left, rather than price. We've spoken about this before but it hasn't happened yet. Thought that would be a rather easy adjustment to make...
 
5
•••
Perhaps while they are adjusting things they could change it back so default sort is by Time Left, rather than price. We've spoken about this before but it hasn't happened yet. Thought that would be a rather easy adjustment to make...

Yup that's in my list of updates, I must admit it is a big list.
 
3
•••
Perhaps while they are adjusting things they could change it back so default sort is by Time Left, rather than price. We've spoken about this before but it hasn't happened yet. Thought that would be a rather easy adjustment to make...

Wow, I didn't even notice the subtle shift.

I definitely agree with your comment.

Yup that's in my list of updates, I must admit it is a big list.

Ever heard of Craig?

Just kidding.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nor do I intend to distract you away from work. Just saying...

... The people want a well oiled Name Liquidating machine.

Where art the other people of epik to assist the list?

I just checked DanClone.com but it's taken.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Wow, I didn't even notice the subtle shift.

.....

I just checked DanClone.com but it's taken.

Yes, it had me stumped for a couple of days as to why end times weren't in order. The change would mean that if you just take a look at the first few pages you'd completely miss a whole lot of domains with higher reserves.

CloneDan.com is available. ;)
 
5
•••
Wow, I didn't even notice the subtle shift.

I definitely agree with your comment.



Ever heard of Craig?

Just kidding.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nor do I intend to distract you away from work. Just saying...

... The people want a well oiled Name Liquidating machine.

Where art the other people of epik to assist the list?

I just checked DanClone.com but it's taken.

Truthfully, the Epik team members that deserve the most credit are those in the customer service team and engineering. They are one well oiled machine! I'm just trying to meet their standard with NameLiquidate. I do appreciate your support guys!
 
3
•••
Truthfully, the Epik team members that deserve the most credit are those in the customer service team and engineering. They are one well oiled machine! I'm just trying to meet their standard with NameLiquidate. I do appreciate your support guys!

I suppose that's a very good point.

Customer service and engineering team deserve some real credit!

NameLiquidate was built quickly. There are plenty of good working parts to it. That development certainly didn't come from the keyboard warriors flapping their gums. Behind the scenes, I imagine there are lots we don't see.

I appreciate you reminding me of this.

(imo) The SVP of strategy and communications for Epik (@Intelliname) is tarnishing all the hard work the people under the hood in engineering and customer service team are doing / have done. The disservice he is doing for Epik makes me lose sight that epik possibly employs more namePros members than any other registrar.

I don't think it's fair to have one vocal voice (be it mine, or the SVP) ruin all the good, real hard work, the other folks are doing to help make epik a domainer friendly registrar and NameLiquidate the choice location to liquidate your domain names.

But it's the SVP that has me questioning epik services. On one hand, I want to support namePros members who are epik employees, but on the other hand, I notice a cancerous like tumor like disruptance that is making me believe epik is a front for something greater, possible something with evil intent.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Thank you for helping NL get to 1,000+ delivered domains!

10927
 
3
•••
Quick challenge for those who are brave, run any number of no-reserve auctions on NameLiquidate. Highest sale wins $250 Epik account credit!

Code:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1261427573793280000

Thanks for the coverage @MichaelCyger caught the tail end of the social.

Who's up for a challenge for next week?

Highest sale on NameLiquidate gets a $50 Epik credit.

Rules: NO RESERVE#Domain


o4QSkXp.png

11237

11237
 
Last edited:
5
•••
Dan

Thank you for the nameliquidate platform, I think it's a great opportunity and I'm going to use it in a short time.
We are an European Company with VAT number which means that if we sell a single domain we have to identify our client and we have to issue an invoice addressed to him as soon as we sell the domain.

If we sell a domain in name liquidate marketplace who is the fiscal “subject” to whom we have to address our invoice for the sale of the domain and the payment received ? There are 3 possibilities that I can imagine:

1. The real buyer Mr. abc who will become the new owner of the domain ( but we do not know his data) ?
2. Epik company ?
3. Nameliquidate ? is it a Company or just a brand ?

I'm not sure about the right answer, 1, 2, 3, others ?
 
0
•••
@88.88 Dan will answer it definitively, but from receipts generated when I purchased, and sold, on platform it seems to me that legally the buyer is buying it from Epik, and the seller is selling it to Epik. It is just that both things happen sort of simultaneously. Like I bought one at NameLiquidate yesterday and the receipt for my purchase shows I bought it from Epik. I do not know the identity of the seller.

I am not sure about NameLiquidate but had assumed it was simply a service/brand of Epik. But I don't pretend to understand :xf.wink: their corporate structure with so many initiatives in various stages. Probably @Rob Monster is the one to answer that one! My receipt is certainly labelled Epik.

Bob
 
3
•••
Dan

Thank you for the nameliquidate platform, I think it's a great opportunity and I'm going to use it in a short time.
We are an European Company with VAT number which means that if we sell a single domain we have to identify our client and we have to issue an invoice addressed to him as soon as we sell the domain.

If we sell a domain in name liquidate marketplace who is the fiscal “subject” to whom we have to address our invoice for the sale of the domain and the payment received ? There are 3 possibilities that I can imagine:

1. The real buyer Mr. abc who will become the new owner of the domain ( but we do not know his data) ?
2. Epik company ?
3. Nameliquidate ? is it a Company or just a brand ?

I'm not sure about the right answer, 1, 2, 3, others ?

NameLiquidate is a dba of Epik Holdings Inc aka Epik.

For the moment, NameLiquidate is not operating as a separate legal entity though this might change in the future. It could ultimately even be spun out with its own capital and ownership structure although it was incubated at Epik.

As for the transaction mechanics, Epik is technically buying the domain from the seller and selling to the buyer. We take a 9% spread which covers payment processing, funds a bit of overhead, and provides a tiny reserve for chargebacks. We may require account verification. You can proactively get verified here:

https://registrar.epik.com/account/verification/

Your Epik login works at NameLiquidate, and Masterbucks.com, and soon many other places across Epik and Epik partners as it is a single sign on powered by FederatedIdentity.com:

http://federatedidentity.com/

Another Epik service.
 
7
•••
Policy question.

If someone buys a domain on NameLiquidate, should they be allowed to immediately re-list it? For example, let's say the world is asleep at the switch and someone picks up a domain for $9, and they now take that listing and promote it to the outside world, targeting logical buyers, expecting they can sell it for a lot more than $9. Would that not be reasonable? The buyer would be getting a renewed domain with instant delivery in a no-shill auction. The seller would get a quick exit.
 
1
•••
Is there any way to sort domain names based on the number of bids?
It will help buyers to find quality domains to bid on out of the 2K+ domains listed.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Is there any way to sort domain names based on the number of bids?
It will help buyers to find quality domains to bid on out of the 2K+ domains listed.

We used to have that feature. It supported lazy snipers who did not go through the list. So, we took it out. The lists are not that big yet but when the lists get really big, it might make sense to bring back the tools that empower people who have more money than time. The current model rewards research, i.e. the ability for those with an eye to find treasure amidst someone else's trash.
 
2
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back