IT.COM

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
NameLiquidate.com is a liquidation platform for domainers, registrars, and wholesale buyers of domains. The market was carefully crafted from an idea on Dec. 3rd 2019 - Completed within 30 days, and has been a work-in-progress since.

You can read the origins of this idea and the subsequent discussions that took place between December 3 2019 to March 8 2020.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...m-seeking-input-for-new-epik-project.1166450/

We hope to further develop this liquidation market to help domain investors recover precious capital for other renewals or reinvestments. Our intention is to capitalize on the underutilized and often ignored, expiry stream. Those domains which eventually end up in the hands of big domain houses for resale, with no compensation to the previous registrant/owner.

You will see regular updates and notifications on this thread.

Personal note from @DanSanchez: My original intent was to help expiring domains become more liquid and to pass on the capital back to the original registrant at Epik. Since it's inception, NameLiquidate has evolved into a full liquidation platform for new, expiring, and aged domains. I hope to see participation here, questions and doubts will also be welcomed.

My future goal is to invite more registrars to send their expiry stream through NameLiquidate, compensate their previous registrants, and to foster a cooperative attitude for long-term relationships.

Please contact support here, by DM, or via our support chat at Epik.

NameLiquidate FAQ:

Nameliquidate.com/faq

NameLiquidate API Documentation
https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/Liquidate/liquidateAddDomain

Product Manager @DanSanchez

Twitter: @NameLiquidate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to determine at nameliquidate.com (or somewhere else in our account) which domains of ours have been sent to auction? Not the ones which we've sold, I can see those but its the ones that ended with no bids. I dont have any emails that I can see either. Thanks!

•••
I picked up Ganja (.) Link at nameliquidate bargain domains for $10 + $9.10 transfer fee.

Something I noticed...

Currently it appears that about est. 1/3 of the domains listed in bargain domains are priced at $10 or more.

Assuming the other 2/3 have no reserve and are defaulted for sale at $9 each.

I get that some people just want to liquidate, and don't put reserves, but I wonder if NL is doing the seller a disservice by offering the domain at the same price as the one-hour only $9 NL price, during the after bargain domain time period.

It's nice for the buyer (I suppose). To have a second chance opportunity to buy at the lowest offered (default/reserve) price.

But speaking to sales psychology, if the buyer doesn't place a bid for a domain, and they don't want to wait (or fall asleep while waiting) for the domain to drop to a price they are willing to pay, should the buyer still be granted an opportunity to buy the domain at the lowest possible one-hour price by default?

Wondering, if a, "you snooze, you lose" surcharge can be applied for bargain domains, thus incentivizing impulsive nameliquidate BINs or bids.

The proposed theory, (just a quick thought)

would be to default bargain domains at higher than default $9 value, such as $12 to $15,

leaving an incentive for a buyer to buy during the hour it drops to $9, or else, the seller gets rewarded.

Seeing how those 1/3 who set a reserve, even if a reserve of $10, then I assume the reserve domain is never listed at the top of NL at a $9 one-hour price.

But, the $10 reserve, has a sortable value (sort by reserve price) possibly attracting more eyes in the bargain section, than the 2/3 with no reserve?

•••
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to determine at nameliquidate.com (or somewhere else in our account) which domains of ours have been sent to auction? Not the ones which we've sold, I can see those but its the ones that ended with no bids. I dont have any emails that I can see either. Thanks!

As of right now, the only way to tell is to get re-submit them and see if any get declined due to the 30 day cool down period. But, as with several things, it is one of the points we are working to add.

I picked up Ganja (.) Link at nameliquidate bargain domains for $10 + $9.10 transfer fee.

Something I noticed...

Currently it appears that about est. 1/3 of the domains listed in bargain domains are priced at $10 or more.

Assuming the other 2/3 have no reserve and are defaulted for sale at $9 each.

I get that some people just want to liquidate, and don't put reserves, but I wonder if NL is doing the seller a disservice by offering the domain at the same price as the one-hour only $9 NL price, during the after bargain domain time period.

It's nice for the buyer (I suppose). To have a second chance opportunity to buy at the lowest offered (default/reserve) price.

But speaking to sales psychology, if the buyer doesn't place a bid for a domain, and they don't want to wait (or fall asleep while waiting) for the domain to drop to a price they are willing to pay, should the buyer still be granted an opportunity to buy the domain at the lowest possible one-hour price by default?

Wondering, if a, "you snooze, you lose" surcharge can be applied for bargain domains, thus incentivizing impulsive nameliquidate BINs or bids.

The proposed theory, (just a quick thought)

would be to default bargain domains at higher than default $9 value, such as $12 to $15,

leaving an incentive for a buyer to buy during the hour it drops to $9, or else, the seller gets rewarded.

Seeing how those 1/3 who set a reserve, even if a reserve of $10, then I assume the reserve domain is never listed at the top of NL at a $9 one-hour price.

But, the $10 reserve, has a sortable value (sort by reserve price) possibly attracting more eyes in the bargain section, than the 2/3 with no reserve?

Nice grab!

Thanks for the idea, I would can see this being worth testing. One of the main things I want to change is to combine the auction names with the bargain section. This will allow new buyer eyes to scroll through the names that didn't sell initially and put more pressure on the people hesitating.

On using the reserves, I think sellers need to remember they are competing with other names from every marketplace. We need to do some price guidance and I'm working on a few tips to maximize the use of a reserve on NL.

•••
why not the vpn domains? Can they not go to nameliquidate? ty

.geek
.oz
.o
.coin

•••
One of the main things I want to change is to combine the auction names with the bargain section. This will allow new buyer eyes to scroll through the names that didn't sell initially and put more pressure on the people hesitating.
If you're doing this there needs to be an easy way to filter out finished auctions. Otherwise, buyers who keep an eye on the auction will continue to see the same names for a week after the auction finished.

•••
One of the main things I want to change is to combine the auction names with the bargain section.

This would solve user experience (1)

(1) Buyer first noticed ExampleDomain on the NameLiquidate home page at $68 with a little more than 10 hours remaining.

Buyer makes note to return in 10 hours to reconsider ExampleDomain if it's still available.

Buyer returns 11 hours later, accidentally after the auction ended, and searches for ExampleDomain; doesn't see it available.

Buyer is then expected to be aware of a "Bargain Domains" section, and click on Reverse Auction to open a drop down to select Bargain Domains.

Then, once Bargain Domains is selected, buyer can utilize the search to find ExampleDomain at the lowest price, be it the reserve, or default $9 minimum.

... ^ that was my experience with my last NL purchase. And due to my mistake on missing the auction, and the extra step to toggle bargain domains, I was happily surprised, though expected (hence my previous feedback in favor of the seller) to pay a small premium for my mistake.

This will allow new buyer eyes to scroll through the names that didn't sell initially and put more pressure on the people hesitating.

I'm all for bargain domains being included in the "search liquidation domains" search box (not sure why they weren't to begin with since both reverse auction and bargain domains are apart of the liquidation process) but to @NicTraders point

If you're doing this there needs to be an easy way to filter out finished auctions. Otherwise, buyers who keep an eye on the auction will continue to see the same names for a week after the auction finished.

including bargain domains in the reverse auction default scrollable home page 👎 might result in buyers continually seeing the same names for a week.

Thus, potentially, simply including bargain domains in the default NL homepage internal search results 👍, would be a better fix, than a scorllable inclusion. Also to @NicTraders point, if both bargain domains and auction domains are included in the search, there needs to be an identifier as to what the domain is, be it bargain or reverse auction.

Additionally, for bargain domains, why not include a "time left" sortable tab (such as the case for reverse auctions), so a buyer knows how much longer they have to purchase a bargain domain, OR, so a buyer can sort by newly added?

Last edited:
•••
On using the reserves, I think sellers need to remember they are competing with other names from every marketplace. We need to do some price guidance and I'm working on a few tips to maximize the use of a reserve on NL.

Price guidance based off of...?

GoDaddy Auction = $12 or more.
Closeout = $11 to $10 to $9 to $8 to $7 to $6 to $5

And even then, GD/NL are different. Different customer base. Different market size.

But even if NL and GD were similar, what is copying a model going to accomplish, without full oversight of the sales data, volume, and/or other understandings?

I suppose that's why NL is beta testing different options?

Regarding reserves,

it's almost as if sellers are competing with other names (not from every marketplace) but with other sellers / domain positioning of other nameliquidate sellers.

And it's almost like reserve prices have different meanings (or sortable positioning) depending if bargain domain, or reverse auction.

A high reserve domain for a reverse auction might not solicit the amount of views that a no reserve domain would bring, however, once the bargain section is reached, there is a theory, if sorted by reserve price, that the higher reserve domains will have more eyes, than the large majority which was listed at no reserve.

Have you considered allowing sellers to set two reserves?

The lowest price the seller is willing to accept in a 7 day auction = $___

The lowest price the seller is willing to accept after a 7 day auction, at a 7 day BIN = $___

I get that dual reserve might be confusing. But it appears to be a multi step answer to a confusing reserve-benefit dilemma.

Last edited:
•••
including bargain domains in the reverse auction default scrollable home page 👎 might result in buyers continually seeing the same names for a week.

Thus, potentially, simply including bargain domains in the default NL homepage internal search results 👍, would be a better fix, than a scorllable inclusion. Also to @NicTraders point, if both bargain domains and auction domains are included in the search, there needs to be an identifier as to what the domain is, be it bargain or reverse auction.

Additionally, for bargain domains, why not include a "time left" sortable tab (such as the case for reverse auctions), so a buyer knows how much longer they have to purchase a bargain domain, OR, so a buyer can sort by newly added?

I certainly agree with that.

Have you considered allowing sellers to set two reserves?

Can't say I'd be a fan of this. It needs to be kept simple. The way I see it (from a seller's POV instead of buyer's) - if I am fortunate enough to sell after the auction completed then this is a bonus. To my way of thinking, most buyers who come along after the auction has completed may just be searching the Bargain Domains because they don't search the Auction listings regularly. In any case, my feeling is that increasing the price in the Bargain section would likely lead to less sales after the fact.
* I may be completely wrong, and if it was one of my domains that Grilled came to buy in the Bargain section and he was happy to pay more than when it was at auction then that would be wonderful. But I feel that he might be in the minority.

@DanSanchez what's the rationale behind making the default reserve $69? I felt this was a bit high for a true Liquidation platform. If a seller goes through quickly without reading that properly he might be surprised that this was the reserve, rather than the previous default of $9. I would have thought a much lower default of $9 or $19 would be more suitable, especially as the seller has the option of setting a higher reserve if he wishes to anyway...

•••
I had a recent misunderstanding with a listing process. Just want to thank @DanSanchez for his prompt reply and professional support

Last edited:
•••
Hi @DanSanchez , two remarks/questions.

1. can you add a column or a sign that a domain has transfer fees ?
Ex, I'd bid $9 on SomeName.co but then I see a $35 transfer fee which kills it. Is there a way to show that on the listing?

2. I have names listed and I'd like to promote them, is there a quick link to show all of them? Or do I have to link each of them separately?

Thanks in advance.

•••
I'd bid $9 on SomeName.co but then I see a $35 transfer fee which kills it
How's that 35, should be 21. Don't you have NP pricing plan on Epik?

•••
Liquidated for more than $300 on NL in the last few days. Much higher than my expectations were.

•••
How's that 35, should be 21. Don't you have NP pricing plan on Epik?

Anyway, what I meant is I was expecting to pay $9. The transfer fee should be stated before betting I think.

Thanks for pointing me to a special pricing

•••
Feature suggestion.

Add more sortable metrics,
specifically requesting sort by TLD.
Typing in the TLD works. But not for all such as .CO
Also if I wanted to know all new gTLDS listed, is there a way to know that?
If the inventory was included on expireddomains.net,
then a domainer could sort by one english word.
Or a number of different metrics.
Sorting by TLD being one of many needed sortable metrics.

I know I'm a bit of an a*hole.
and my style appears quite different from the epik way,
but for fricks sake people of epik,
Put the pedal to the metal,
it's great that NL was built so quickly,
but I can't help but wonder if the missing features,
is doing your sellers a major disservice,
and by not paying the needed attention to detail prior to certain releases,
possibly opened the marketplace up to legal challenges,
rather than waiting, and crossing the T's, and dotting the I's,
things seem quite rushed.
The innovation is great,
but the lack of quality features (such as better sortable metrics) seems like a major oversight.
It's not like epik has to re-invent the complete wheel.
Domainers have been talking about profit share expirations for years,
now that NL claims to have solved it,
have yall forgotten to enable buyers to find quality (personalized to the buyer) listings quickly?
Mentioned above,
a domainer workaround might be adding NameLiquidate inventory to ExpiredDomains.net,
as epik already lists their daily diamonds, and marketplace inventory,
why not include bargains or reverse auctions?
Or better yet,
take a look at how other marketplaces empower their sellers and help the buyer find names easier..

upload_2020-5-11_21-13-13.png

<<<>>>

upload_2020-5-11_21-13-48.png

///

I want to list on nameliquidate. But I fear now is not the time.

Now not being the time is in reference to my opinion that nameliquidate was rushed,
and I fear nameliquidate's failure to include comparable industry standard search features,
makes this venture too early for me to have the confidence that the juice of listing is worth the squeeze.

///

I appreciate your passion @DanSanchez and mean no disrespect. I simply hope my feedback is recorded, and those with decision making positions stop robby and rallying around and start taking this project as serious as it appears you do, Dan.

Last edited:
•••
Feature suggestion.

If the inventory was included on expireddomains.net,
then a domainer could sort by one english word.

a domainer workaround might be adding NameLiquidate inventory to ExpiredDomains.net,
as epik already lists their daily diamonds, and marketplace inventory,
why not include bargains or reverse auctions?

I've written to the owner of ExpiredDomain.net, he is aware of the existence of NL and Bargain marketplaces. He told me he'll implement them when he has the time.

•••
i bought my first domain there. payed 9 USD for the domain and 35 USD for renewal of the domain.... :xf.frown: Not sure i will buy on this platform again.

I mean I like the idea but this 35 USD renewal fee and payments to Masterbucks when you sold something is a bit combersame.

Last edited:
•••
I've written to the owner of ExpiredDomain.net, he is aware of the existence of NL and Bargain marketplaces. He told me he'll implement them when he has the time.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if anybody empowers domainers more than expireddomains.net.

Still, the expireddomains.net addition may help the advanced buyer, as does downloading NL inventory and importing it into their own sorting system.

However, I still feel NL home page needs to include sortable metrics so every buyer is able to find a great domain quickly, and not just a select set of buyers.

Also, if there is an issue of buyers coming and going, why doesn't NL add a keyword alert system?

If when logged in, the buyer can add keywords they're interested in. Then they can be (emailed) alerted based off (a) alert me if "keyword" domains reach bargain, or (b) an alert immediately after "keyword" domains are added to NL.

•••
i bought my first domain there. payed 9 USD for the domain and 35 USD for renewal of the domain.... :xf.frown: Not sure i will buy on this platform again.

I mean I like the idea but this 35 USD renewal fee and payments to Masterbucks when you sold something is a bit combersame.
Make sure you contact @Rob Monster to request NamePros pricing so you're getting the best deal around.

•••
I appreciate your passion @DanSanchez and mean no disrespect. I simply hope my feedback is recorded, and those with decision making positions stop robby and rallying around and start taking this project as serious as it appears you do, Dan.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, I take no offense to any of it. This is precious market feedback that likely reflects what more than one person feels. I can see your frustrations while searching for a domain to buy, it is not the smoothest possible application of a search form.

My original concept for the search form was dramatically different than this. NL is undergoing a serious transformation right now, since the beginning of May we have been fine tuning the processes on both sides and adding more robust features. The search form is one of the many focus points. Among the changes coming is a watching list. Something we all desperately need.

I will push back a bit, the atmosphere in which NL was born depends on change. You may not notice the small adjustments we make on an almost daily basis, but NL is in a constant state of motion. The engineering team has been incredible at keeping up with the pace.

My point being, we are not standing still.

NL just crossed it's 1000th sale, a long way from the December 27th launch! I would urge you to utilize NL anyway and see some of the value others have experienced. Ultimately this is becoming the most fluid liquidation marketplace and it will continue it's gradual improvement.

Thank you again for the feedback, it has been heard and there will be a shift towards improving the search form, among other things =)

Will PM you now to solve this!

•••
One issue I see is a lack of followup with purchases at nameliquidate domain transfers that fail due to bad authorization codes after they are bought, they just sit there, nobody actions them again a week or two after...

Last edited:
•••
One issue I see is a lack of followup with purchases at nameliquidate domain transfers that fail due to bad authorization codes after they are bought, they just sit there, nobody actions them again a week or two after...

Shoot me a message if your transfer gets stuck, please. I can handle it quickly. We have had some transfers fail but it shouldn't be happening. The auth codes are programmed to be checked every day. Will have engineering take a look at why this is an issue at all. Will PM you now.

EDIT: The system sends a reminder email to the seller, will add a reminder email to the buyer, so the buyer can easily re-start the failed transfer.

At any point, you can check and restart the domains that need to be delivered here: https://registrar.epik.com/domains-delivery

Last edited:
•••
You may not notice the small adjustments we make on an almost daily basis, but NL is in a constant state of motion. The engineering team has been incredible at keeping up with the pace.
Perhaps while they are adjusting things they could change it back so default sort is by Time Left, rather than price. We've spoken about this before but it hasn't happened yet. Thought that would be a rather easy adjustment to make...

•••
Perhaps while they are adjusting things they could change it back so default sort is by Time Left, rather than price. We've spoken about this before but it hasn't happened yet. Thought that would be a rather easy adjustment to make...

Yup that's in my list of updates, I must admit it is a big list.

•••

Wow, I didn't even notice the subtle shift.

I definitely agree with your comment.

Yup that's in my list of updates, I must admit it is a big list.

Ever heard of Craig?

Just kidding.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nor do I intend to distract you away from work. Just saying...

... The people want a well oiled Name Liquidating machine.

Where art the other people of epik to assist the list?

I just checked DanClone.com but it's taken.

Last edited:
•••
Wow, I didn't even notice the subtle shift.

I just checked DanClone.com but it's taken.

Yes, it had me stumped for a couple of days as to why end times weren't in order. The change would mean that if you just take a look at the first few pages you'd completely miss a whole lot of domains with higher reserves.

CloneDan.com is available. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back