Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

DanSanchez

Templars.comTop Member
Impact
3,572
NameLiquidate.com is a liquidation platform for domainers, registrars, and wholesale buyers of domains. The market was carefully crafted from an idea on Dec. 3rd 2019 - Completed within 30 days, and has been a work-in-progress since.

You can read the origins of this idea and the subsequent discussions that took place between December 3 2019 to March 8 2020.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...m-seeking-input-for-new-epik-project.1166450/

We hope to further develop this liquidation market to help domain investors recover precious capital for other renewals or reinvestments. Our intention is to capitalize on the underutilized and often ignored, expiry stream. Those domains which eventually end up in the hands of big domain houses for resale, with no compensation to the previous registrant/owner.

You will see regular updates and notifications on this thread.

Personal note from @DanSanchez: My original intent was to help expiring domains become more liquid and to pass on the capital back to the original registrant at Epik. Since it's inception, NameLiquidate has evolved into a full liquidation platform for new, expiring, and aged domains. I hope to see participation here, questions and doubts will also be welcomed.

My future goal is to invite more registrars to send their expiry stream through NameLiquidate, compensate their previous registrants, and to foster a cooperative attitude for long-term relationships. ​

Please contact support here, by DM, or via our support chat at Epik.

NameLiquidate FAQ:

Nameliquidate.com/faq

NameLiquidate API Documentation
https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/Liquidate/liquidateAddDomain

Product Manager @DanSanchez

Twitter: @NameLiquidate
 
21
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
We need an easier way to see reserves;
Reserve rights dont matter! Dont overlook, Pl.

Reserves make me feel “Liquidate” misnomer.

Great job with Dan $250 NL contest.

Only no reserve Nameliquidate names qualify!
yes! uploaded 10 most uploaded, more on way
 
Last edited:
2
•••
@88.88 Dan will answer it definitively, but from receipts generated when I purchased, and sold, on platform it seems to me that legally the buyer is buying it from Epik, and the seller is selling it to Epik. It is just that both things happen sort of simultaneously. Like I bought one at NameLiquidate yesterday and the receipt for my purchase shows I bought it from Epik. I do not know the identity of the seller.

I am not sure about NameLiquidate but had assumed it was simply a service/brand of Epik. But I don't pretend to understand :xf.wink: their corporate structure with so many initiatives in various stages. Probably @Rob Monster is the one to answer that one! My receipt is certainly labelled Epik.

Bob

Bob

Thank you for being everywhere here with the right answer.

I also want to thank Tony and Jessica from Epik Staff for their willingness (on Sunday too) and support to try to explain me how invoicing could work.

At present we haven’t found the solution.

As you say if I buy a domain from Epik I receive an invoice from Epik so it is supposed that the seller should issue and address the invoice for the sale of his domain to Epik and not directly to the buyer.

What you imagine, the buyer receives an invoice form Epik and Epik receives an invoice from the seller would be the perfect solution.

Invoicing to different people for each single sale of $9 costs me probably more than the net of $9 so I would not be interested to use nameliquidate BUT it would be a great simplification if I could address one single invoice for groups of more domains sold always to Epik (or simply always address invoices to Epik" for each single sale).

Consider that for each invoice you have to collect the fiscal data of the buyer, ask again because some data are missing, exchange a certain numbers of emails, change the structure of the invoice according to the nationality of the buyer, accounting……..

If the client is always the same, Epik, everything is simpler.

But I do not know how it works at present or how it could work.

Has some European domainer with VAT number sold on nameliquidate platform?
 
1
•••
Policy question.

If someone buys a domain on NameLiquidate, should they be allowed to immediately re-list it? For example, let's say the world is asleep at the switch and someone picks up a domain for $9, and they now take that listing and promote it to the outside world, targeting logical buyers, expecting they can sell it for a lot more than $9. Would that not be reasonable? The buyer would be getting a renewed domain with instant delivery in a no-shill auction. The seller would get a quick exit.
My take:
- They should not be able to re-list on NameLiquidate. That domain has had its day in the sun so it should be restricted for the 90-day period (I think that's what it is?) until it can be listed on NL again.
- They should definitely be free to list it on any other platform, including Epik Marketplace since this has a different purpose to NL.
 
1
•••
Policy question.

If someone buys a domain on NameLiquidate, should they be allowed to immediately re-list it? For example, let's say the world is asleep at the switch and someone picks up a domain for $9, and they now take that listing and promote it to the outside world, targeting logical buyers, expecting they can sell it for a lot more than $9. Would that not be reasonable? The buyer would be getting a renewed domain with instant delivery in a no-shill auction. The seller would get a quick exit.

Rob is the question should they be allowed to list on NameLiquidate or on Epik Marketplace with a for sale lander?

My answer is no, not on NameLiquidate, but yes to Epik Marketplace. My reason for saying no re NL, even though different owner now, I don't want to keep seeing the same names on list. After the wait period in general for NL, I would allow listing.

Re on Epik Marketplace, why not? Surely that is done all the time? I see a name on a closeout list at a competitor, when I click it has not only sold but the new owner has it up for 1000x what I know they paid. It seems everyone does that.

Bob
 
1
•••
I just discovered nameliquidate. (I don't know how.) This is great! Thanks. I need to look over all the other posts to see if my questions are anwered, but I will have a few too add at no reserve. (Yes, I have already found out where to go to add them.)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
A few questions:
1) Do domains have to be expired before I can add them? For example, I have a domain that I don't plan on renewing. Can I add it with 1 month left?
2) Can I have a setting so that any domain that I do not renew gets listed?
3) Setting no reserve... do I just put a 0 in the input box? Leaving it blank caused an error. (This is going through Epik's dashboard --> Marketplace --> Liquidate)
- Suggest having a check box to select for "no reserve" option
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Question:

Are Epik employee(s), owner(s), and or staff member(s) allowed to participate in NameLiquidate auctions?

https://archive.li/xFFaY

I prefer to buy , set up SSL landers, and wait for retail buyers. Others like outbound.

I see names getting sniped for $9 on @nameliquidate
that look like they are worthy of more on DNWE.

I did have my eye on arussi.com but someone else just sniped it. Nice work.

I'm also asking in reference to @Rob Monster recent response to @Adam27 about parking at epik.
The real power is in (1) integrated selling, and (2) verified stats.

So, you get increased chance of sell-through, and then when renewal time comes you can easily see in one dashboard whether to keep. liquidate, or drop.

As, a current NameLiquidate buyer, and possibly a future seller, I want to know the verified stats. I'd like to sort by verified stats.

This doesn't have to be dashboard stats, as non epik domains won't have any, however, speaking to nameliquidate views, reserve, amount of bids, appraised value, other relevant metrics. Why not share those stats to all buyers? And/or make them sortable / searchable?

Hinting at, if one set of bidders, be it skilled buyers, or epik staff member(s) have an advantage due to their sorting metrics, or internal knowledge, I hope those sorting metrics are eventually be opened up to all buyers, so to eliminate any possible internal or skilled competitive advantage.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Policy question.

If someone buys a domain on NameLiquidate, should they be allowed to immediately re-list it? For example, let's say the world is asleep at the switch and someone picks up a domain for $9, and they now take that listing and promote it to the outside world, targeting logical buyers, expecting they can sell it for a lot more than $9. Would that not be reasonable? The buyer would be getting a renewed domain with instant delivery in a no-shill auction. The seller would get a quick exit.
I think this will be kinda unfair towards sellers who are not allowed to re-list in 30 days. So perhaps let the new owner inherit the 30 day span?

Just imho.
 
1
•••
I think this will be kinda unfair towards sellers who are not allowed to re-list in 30 days. So perhaps let the new owner inherit the 30 day span?

Just imho.
I don't think a new buyer is going to want to re-liquidate the name within 30 days, usually they want to try and see if they can capture leads, or what not with it, so it would seem fine to try, and rotate new inventory.
 
2
•••
A few questions:
1) Do domains have to be expired before I can add them? For example, I have a domain that I don't plan on renewing. Can I add it with 1 month left?
2) Can I have a setting so that any domain that I do not renew gets listed?
3) Setting no reserve... do I just put a 0 in the input box? Leaving it blank caused an error. (This is going through Epik's dashboard --> Marketplace --> Liquidate)
- Suggest having a check box to select for "no reserve" option
@DanSanchez will answer but
1) You can definitely add them well before expiry. They will still only be on NL for 7 days, but then will go in the Bargain section until it runs out.
2) For Epik registered ones it seems maybe so - Braden Pollock mentioned he did that on the last domainer social hour, but I have no idea how to set it up. And if I understand his answer to a question, he does not know how it is set up either. Perhaps as part-owner of Epik he has special perks. It seems to me dangerous to do anyway, let some go forgetting they are set that way.
3) I agree with your suggestion re a check box for no reserve. For me when I tried to just leave blank it seems to give error. I enter a 9 (the minimum reserve). ie. example.com 68^ld?authcode!@#e 9
Note the spaces between. That is for external. Those registered at Epik can be added from your control panel.
Bob
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Question:

Are Epik employee(s), owner(s), and or staff member(s) allowed to participate in NameLiquidate auctions?

https://archive.li/xFFaY

I prefer to buy , set up SSL landers, and wait for retail buyers. Others like outbound.

I see names getting sniped for $9 on @nameliquidate
that look like they are worthy of more on DNWE.

I did have my eye on arussi.com but someone else just sniped it. Nice work.

I'm also asking in reference to @Rob Monster recent response to @Adam27 about parking at epik.


As, a current NameLiquidate buyer, and possibly a future seller, I want to know the verified stats. I'd like to sort by verified stats.

This doesn't have to be dashboard stats, as non epik domains won't have any, however, speaking to nameliquidate views, reserve, amount of bids, appraised value, other relevant metrics. Why not share those stats to all buyers? And/or make them sortable / searchable?

Hinting at, if one set of bidders, be it skilled buyers, or epik staff member(s) have an advantage due to their sorting metrics, or internal knowledge, I hope those sorting metrics are eventually be opened up to all buyers, so to eliminate any possible internal or skilled competitive advantage.

I barely have any time to browse NameLiquidate inventory. My point there is that I would not have let that domain drop to redemption. The objective is to create a great experience for buyer and seller. The Dutch auction format pretty much eliminates shill bidding. If Epik staff choose to bid in an auction for their private portfolios, they can do so. The Epik staff are so busy, I doubt they have time for browsing the lists. There is no internal tool for sorting inventory by number of bids. We eliminated that feature to discourage lazy snipers.
 
5
•••
The Dutch auction format pretty much eliminates shill bidding.

Please pay close attention to this.

Shill Bidding is historically an industry wide issue. I don't expect NL to be impervious to this, but there are plenty of steps/policies that can be instituted to limit exposure.

There is no internal tool for sorting inventory by number of bids. We eliminated that feature to discourage lazy snipers.

Before you give lazy snipers a bad wrap.

Let's call the spade a spade,
and say to discourage those with minimal time,
so to allow those with maximum time,
be awarded for locking in their bid(s) early.

I get that helps the volume amount of sales, by enticing buyers to search inventory.

But, does that have the sellers best interest in mind?

If I list a domain for NL auction,
and that domain gets hot (organically),
and a bidding war ensues,
I'm happy if that metric gets noticed.
And if a lazy sniper comes in,
and buys now at a higher price, than grunt soldiers were willing to pay,
shouldn't I, the seller, be happy that I sold my domain for the maximum amount?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
My take:
- They should not be able to re-list on NameLiquidate. That domain has had its day in the sun so it should be restricted for the 90-day period (I think that's what it is?) until it can be listed on NL again.
- They should definitely be free to list it on any other platform, including Epik Marketplace since this has a different purpose to NL.

Go to GJEQ (.)com
That’s my name no reserve NameLiquidate.

I was not allowed to re-list after buying it since previous owner probably listed $500 reserve nl
unsurprisingly, it went unsold.

Dan was able to override and reupload NL and i have $75 high bid — Money much needed

Not all “re-lists” are equal. In fact, all 4L.com should be exempt for this very reason.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Please pay close attention to this.

Shill Bidding is historically an industry wide issue. I don't expect NL to be impervious to this, but there are plenty of steps/policies that can be instituted to limit exposure.



Before you give lazy snipers a bad wrap.

Let's call the spade a spade,
and say to discourage those with minimal time,
so to allow those with maximum time,
be awarded for locking in their bid(s) early.

I get that helps the volume amount of sales, by enticing buyers to search inventory.

But, does that have the sellers best interest in mind?

If I list a domain for NL auction,
and that domain gets hot (organically),
and a bidding war ensues,
I'm happy if that metric gets noticed.
And if a lazy sniper comes in,
and buys now at a higher price, than grunt soldiers were willing to pay,
shouldn't I, the seller, be happy that I sold my domain for the maximum amount?


On Shill bidding, Dutch auctions pretty much eliminate it. If you bid on it, you own it. See how that works?

On exposing a view count or a proxy bid count, if that info was exposed, people would have an incentive to not submit proxy bids since it would make it too easy to figure out which domains have eyeballs.

One compromise scenario that I am seriously considering for near-term deployment is a public activity view that will show you which domains are getting views. @Ala Dadan will have a preview soon of it. Easy one.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
On Shill bidding, Dutch auctions pretty much eliminate it. If you bid on it, you own it. See how that works?

I see.

Friction welcomed. But perhaps study shill bidding a bit.

The simplicity of the monkey see, monkey do you speak of sounds similar to a 2017 namePros thread:

Let's discuss Andrew Rosener's idea of owners bidding in auctions

This would be detrimental to our industry... as I mentioned here: namepros.com/threads/biddin…


See how that works?
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Quick challenge for those who are brave, run any number of no-reserve auctions on NameLiquidate. Highest sale wins $250 Epik account credit!
11237

11237
How do you put no reserve on? I tried blank. Error. I tried 0, error.
This was for domains that are already on Epik.
 
0
•••
Lowest can set is $9, the min cant be below $9

personally, think should significant higher it

Increase from $9 long as much less than $59.

Samer
 
Last edited:
1
•••
One compromise scenario that I am seriously considering for near-term deployment is a public activity view that will show you which domains are getting views. @Ala Dadan will have a preview soon of it. Easy one.

Here is that public activity concept from @Ala Dadan

Collapsed: https://invis.io/CFXCEJDG6ZA
Expanded: https://invis.io/2XXCEJNY3CV

We would make it so that the domain owner could decide whether to show/hide the widget.

This widget could also appear on a NameLiquidate listing page though many folks don't open the page, as they simply bid or buy from the browse view.
 
3
•••
Be careful when you delete domains. Not being familiar with NL yet, I listed 12 domains with EPP codes. Then I thought I forgot to add prices, so I went to live chat and Anand mentioned domains could be deleted. I thought I would delete the domains and start over again. No. you cannot list the same domains again within 30 days. Anand is still trying to see if the issue could be resolved.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
Be careful when you delete domains. Not being familiar with NL yet, I listed 12 domains with EPP codes. Then I thought I forgot to add prices, so I went to live chat and Anand mentioned domains could be deleted. I thought I would delete the domains and start over again. No. you cannot list the same domains again within 30 days. Anand is still trying to see if the issue could be solved.

@DanSanchez it happened to me again with ProxyW.com

I want to add it with the rest, but it wont let me, i accidentally removed it.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back