Dynadot

Should I not buy at NameLiquidate.com (Epik)?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I bought a name from NameLiquidate.com and expected to get it to my epik account pretty quickly. I contacted customer support and got some oddly written emails that said it will come but things are slower right now due to "the transition." The emails says things like this: "Woohooo!! I don't have an ETA at the moment, but our engineers are working on that as top priority! I wish I could narrow down the time frame, but you should be pretty close to up and going." Whoohoo?

I only have this one name I'm waiting on from NameLiquidate that I bought for a $100, so I'm not at huge risk. No other names remain in epik. But there is another name I see on NameLiquidate that I want for just under $100 and am wondering if I should buy it, after going through some threads here about epik. Is it worth the risk?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The answer is No, unfortunately. Unless you like taking risks in general.

At least wait until ownership of Epik LLC is clear, technical problems have been solved, ICANN accreditation breach issues have been solved, and all victims have been paid in full.

•••
At least wait until ownership of Epik LLC is clear, technical problems have been solved, ICANN accreditation breach issues have been solved, and all victims have been paid in full.

So basically, don’t hold your breath.

•••
Was it one their expired domains ?
After you paid did they renew it ?

If not I would not buy from there again espacially an expired one, once it hits the redemption I don't think they will deliver it.

•••
Was it one their expired domains ?
After you paid did they renew it ?

If not I would not buy from there again espacially an expired one, once it hits the redemption I don't think they will deliver it.
I bought a name at NameLiquidate.com and Epik delivered it to my account there yesterday.

•••
I think you should wait or try to contact the domain owner via WHOIS (or search the domain on other marketplaces - see if its listed)

•••
I still buy from NL sometimes, but I expect Epikto to abruptly close any day now.

$100 isn't a big risk. If it's a great domain I'd be willing to risk it, but go into it with eyes wide open.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back