NameSilo

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by DanSanchez, Mar 8, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. CJ6

CJ6 My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps. VIP

How do you put no reserve on? I tried blank. Error. I tried 0, error.
    This was for domains that are already on Epik.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

Lowest can set is $9, the min cant be below $9

personally, think should significant higher it

Increase from $9 long as much less than $59.

Samer

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

Here is that public activity concept from @Ala Dadan

Collapsed: https://invis.io/CFXCEJDG6ZA
    Expanded: https://invis.io/2XXCEJNY3CV

We would make it so that the domain owner could decide whether to show/hide the widget.

This widget could also appear on a NameLiquidate listing page though many folks don't open the page, as they simply bid or buy from the browse view.

4. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

Be careful when you delete domains. Not being familiar with NL yet, I listed 12 domains with EPP codes. Then I thought I forgot to add prices, so I went to live chat and Anand mentioned domains could be deleted. I thought I would delete the domains and start over again. No. you cannot list the same domains again within 30 days. Anand is still trying to see if the issue could be resolved.

5. Samer

@DanSanchez it happened to me again with ProxyW.com

I want to add it with the rest, but it wont let me, i accidentally removed it.

6. DanSanchez

DanSanchez Brokerage & Acquisitions Epik.com Staff VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Sorry everyone for my lack of posts here, sincere thank you to @Bob Hawkes and @Rob Monster for pitching in with responses.
    Apologies for the confusion there, we are all adjusting rapidly to the fluid nature of this platform. Truthfully, more changes are in store and it will make the system way simpler and more intuitive.

The best way to see your reserves is here https://registrar.epik.com/auction/selling

You can now update your reserves AFTER listing them.

See:
    [​IMG]

Which submission path are you following here? The bulk submission form or the domain manager button?

7. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

I can't make changes now until I can have the deleted 12 domains (due to misunderstanding) relisted again without having to wait for 30 days. Is it possible?

8. DanSanchez

Shoot me your email please via PM

9. Grilled

Grilled sdrowkcab VIP

I'm having an issue bidding on a domain name.

upload_2020-5-19_11-21-49.png

What does invalid value mean?

Does that mean my bid was below the reserve?

Or, is there a punycode/emoji issue?

10. CJ6

The domain manager

11. CJ6

Well, crap. I had added my domains, then removed them because I thought I was doing it wrong.
    When I try to add them again, now I get "Domain cannot be listed more than once every 30 days"

12. Samer

Yup! I removed my ProxyW accidentally too.

Exactly.

13. DanSanchez

For one time mistakes guys we can relist please PM me here or email me anytime =)

14. DanSanchez

Thank you we're looking into this, it was a feature implemented overnight.

15. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

PM sent. Thanks for looking into it.

16. Grilled

Grilled sdrowkcab VIP

Per https://nameliquidate.com/faq

What are the parameters to the new addition of the ability to update reserves AFTER listing them:

1. Can a reserve be updated after a bid has been already been placed?
      1.a. If yes, can the reserve price be more than any current bid?
      e.g. Buyer X bids $9 on a no reserve auction, can the seller then add a reserve amount higher than buyer X's $9 bid?
      1.b. If no, than any $9 bid locks in a no reserve auction? What if the $9 bid comes from a bidder without a valid payment on file? Will bidder have X amount of time to pay thereafter? Or, does the domain go instantly to bargain domains with the bid removed, thus, allowing a new reserve to be placed?
    2. Could sellers utilize a changing reserve to reward those who bid in their 7 day no reserve dutch auction (reserve added after)? Meaning, a seller could feel comfortable setting a no reserve auction, knowing it might sell for more in a bidding war. But after, if no bidding war ensues, then a seller could change the BIN of their now 7 day bargain listing?
    As the adding the ability to change a reserve price during an active auction is something multiple domain auctions utilize.

Eg. Flippa.com stance
    Could adding a changeable reserve be considered a transparent way for a seller to let buyers know their (the sellers) current bottom line price (subject to change) without the seller having to resort to (shill)bid him(friends)self?

One more note on this...

If I am bidding against bidders who aren't required to have a valid payment method

(nor are those bidders without a valid payment method on file given sufficient amount of time to add a valid method after a win)

Citing a previous NameLiquidate experience, I don't think it is as simple as you bid on it, you own it.

Maybe it would be more simple/true if buyers were allowed a sufficient amount of time (e.g. 48 hours) to add a valid payment method after the win.

Or, something I had suggested a while back, was to require bids be pre-funded, to eliminate any nonsense/miscommunication that might make @Rob Monster's you bid on it, you own it assertion factually untrue.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  17. golan

golan GolanMedia.com VIP Gold Account

Few times i contacted support about different issues directly or even indirectly concerning NL, and zero times the support people had an idea about NL, so they would apply their knowledge about all different parts of Epik engine instead, just as in your case. The solution: contact Dan directly. Hope they educate their support staff soon!

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 9:54 AM
  18. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

It was all resolved yesterday and my domains were "undeleted" so they are in NL now.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 11:05 AM
  19. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

Thanks Golan.

We have weekly all-hands calls on Mondays. NameLiquidate is a routine agenda topic for months. What is more likely is that people introduce edge-cases for which the staff are not yet equipped to accommodate them. However, awareness is high. If there is a specific support case # where you were underwhelmed with someone, happy to look.

FYI, I still scan most of the support transcripts as we work to improve (1) the overall value proposition, (2) the intuitive user experience, and (3) the scalable ability to support both new and existing clients who try it for the first time. It is a work in progress.

We rushed it in part because COVID is creating new economic stresses. So, you can choose to either (1) be thankful for industry-transforming innovation and co-create excellence, or (2) wait for others to do that and come on board when it is more perfect should you do so. Either way, we appreciate you and will do our best to impress.

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 12:55 AM
  20. Grilled

Grilled sdrowkcab VIP

Last edited: May 27, 2020 at 5:02 PM
  21. manpreet

manpreet Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Nice concept and website, just tried recently.

22. enterscope

enterscope Hypsta.com Gold Account

Last edited: May 27, 2020 at 8:47 PM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice