IT.COM

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
NameLiquidate.com is a liquidation platform for domainers, registrars, and wholesale buyers of domains. The market was carefully crafted from an idea on Dec. 3rd 2019 - Completed within 30 days, and has been a work-in-progress since.

You can read the origins of this idea and the subsequent discussions that took place between December 3 2019 to March 8 2020.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...m-seeking-input-for-new-epik-project.1166450/

We hope to further develop this liquidation market to help domain investors recover precious capital for other renewals or reinvestments. Our intention is to capitalize on the underutilized and often ignored, expiry stream. Those domains which eventually end up in the hands of big domain houses for resale, with no compensation to the previous registrant/owner.

You will see regular updates and notifications on this thread.

Personal note from @DanSanchez: My original intent was to help expiring domains become more liquid and to pass on the capital back to the original registrant at Epik. Since it's inception, NameLiquidate has evolved into a full liquidation platform for new, expiring, and aged domains. I hope to see participation here, questions and doubts will also be welcomed.

My future goal is to invite more registrars to send their expiry stream through NameLiquidate, compensate their previous registrants, and to foster a cooperative attitude for long-term relationships.

Please contact support here, by DM, or via our support chat at Epik.

NameLiquidate FAQ:

Nameliquidate.com/faq

NameLiquidate API Documentation
https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/Liquidate/liquidateAddDomain

Product Manager @DanSanchez

Twitter: @NameLiquidate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As far as having a reserve, at any price, that is okay with me. The problem is the amount of time lost finding a name(s) of interest, doing whatever research there is to do and then finding the person has a reserve of 750 for a domain that has a wholesale value of 50 (or less) once I enter a bid.

PLEASE add a column that shows the reserve, if any, so I stop losing time...its the one thing money can't buy.

•••
As far as having a reserve, at any price, that is okay with me. The problem is the amount of time lost finding a name(s) of interest, doing whatever research there is to do and then finding the person has a reserve of 750 for a domain that has a wholesale value of 50 (or less) once I enter a bid.

PLEASE add a column that shows the reserve, if any, so I stop losing time...its the one thing money can't buy.
At this stage the easiest hack is to enter a bid of $5 before doing any research. That will show you the reserve of every domain and you won't risk accidentally bidding on something you don't want. Not quite as quick as a reserve column, but doesn't take too much time.

•••
At this stage the easiest hack is to enter a bid of $5 before doing any research. That will show you the reserve of every domain and you won't risk accidentally bidding on something you don't want. Not quite as quick as a reserve column, but doesn't take too much time.

That is an awesome hack of the search feature. Thank you for sharing!

•••
That is brilliant and will save me so much time! Thank you @NicTraders!

On another topic, I saw your post @DanSanchez about NL no longer accepting newly registered names that were under lock. I agree that is a good policy. I just purchased a name on NL that it turns out is in that category, so it shows in transfer status as transfer failed. I am fine waiting until it releases, so when the days are up will it go through, or will it get cancelled? It is 37 days from release date.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
That is brilliant and will save me so much time! Thank you @NicTraders!

On another topic, I saw your post @DanSanchez about NL no longer accepting newly registered names that were under lock. I agree that is a good policy. I just purchased a name on NL that it turns out is in that category, so it shows in transfer status as transfer failed. I am fine waiting until it releases, so when the days are up will it go through, or will it get cancelled? It is 37 days from release date.

Bob

Yes we have some pending deals because of this. The transfer can stay pending while we wait, I can have the seller push it to you at the home registrar OR I can accept it into the Epik Escrow account for holding while the transfer is filled =)

•••
I'm want to buy a domain at NL that is already at Epik and doesn't expire for some months. Why does it force me to pay for renewal? @DanSanchez

•••
I'm want to buy a domain at NL that is already at Epik and doesn't expire for some months. Why does it force me to pay for renewal? @DanSanchez

PM me the domain, it is likely expired. I bought a name yesterday for $11, it was at Epik, and not expired. It was a flat $11.

•••
PM me the domain, it is likely expired. I bought a name yesterday for $11, it was at Epik, and not expired. It was a flat $11.

Not expired as far a I can tell by whois. Will DM the name.

•••

Any updates on this? I'm ready to hit buy now bit it's still charging me for renewal.

•••
I have a similar situation to @NameDeck, @DanSanchez there is a name I went to buy knowing it was at Epik with late May 2021 expiry according to Epik Whois, but it adds a year renewal when I put in cart. I will DM you name. I have not completed purchase.
Bob

EDIT Situation was explained. The name had been expiring, Epik renewed and paid registry renewal, that was added to the sale amount. Not sure how user can identify these cases.

Last edited:
•••
I have a similar situation to @NameDeck, @DanSanchez there is a name I went to buy knowing it was at Epik with late May 2021 expiry according to Epik Whois, but it adds a year renewal when I put in cart. I will DM you name. I have not completed purchase.
Bob

I'm a bit late and Dan probably reached out to you already but your name is probably expired, and autorenewed by the registrar. Kinda like what happens in expired auctions. You should be able to get that info from a raw whois output.

My situation is a but different as expiration date is a couple of months from now, whois was last updated over 4 months ago so it can't have expired as far as I know. Dan already got back to me and I just reached out by mail for some more info as the whois dates are very strange unless I'm missing something.

•••
Has the bug been reported that when you list a domain with a $998 reserve (within the range the system restricts on), the reserve is not saved in the system and the domain says there is no reserve?

•••

I quoted myself so it is clear for others what I'm talking about.

I started questioning my understanding of whois output (which would be unlikely but nobody is perfect :) ). As I know who the seller is, I reached out.

The domain is definitely not expired but NL still wants to charge me for renewal so something definitely isn't right.

•••
I quoted myself so it is clear for others what I'm talking about.

I started questioning my understanding of whois output (which would be unlikely but nobody is perfect :) ). As I know who the seller is, I reached out.

The domain is definitely not expired but NL still wants to charge me for renewal so something definitely isn't right.

Your specific issue was entirely unique, I reached out via email 2 days ago. Perhaps it went to your Spam but I replied there again now. Never said the domain was expired, as I indicated the issue with Bob's domain was similar but your domain was not expired. Just a slight confusion, not a definitive answer.

•••
So after the 7 days on NL down-auction, is there a set number of days unsold names stay in the bargain section at their minimum? I had thought they stayed there until they could no longer be renewed, but it seems from some of mine that is not so. Do they stay there a certain number of days?

Bob

•••
Your specific issue was entirely unique, I reached out via email 2 days ago. Perhaps it went to your Spam but I replied there again now. Never said the domain was expired, as I indicated the issue with Bob's domain was similar but your domain was not expired. Just a slight confusion, not a definitive answer.

Thanks. I'll check spam or maybe I accidentally marked stuff as read. Inbox tends to get flooded, ;)

•••
So after the 7 days on NL down-auction, is there a set number of days unsold names stay in the bargain section at their minimum? I had thought they stayed there until they could no longer be renewed, but it seems from some of mine that is not so. Do they stay there a certain number of days?

Bob
I believe they stay there another 7 days Bob.

•••

Bob
Bob, the bargain section is another 7 day listing. We ran into issues with some registrars (mainly godaddy) locking some of the late transfers. I think for safety and control, domainers should start liquidating at month 11.5 at the latest. The 30 day cool down expires 15 days after the initial listing, so it may allow for two liquidation runs.

No-reserve works BEST.

•••

Yep. Spam folder caught it. Gmail filter is quite aggressive these days. Anyway I whitelisted Epik.com and replied to your mail. Cheers.

•••
@DanSanchez My experience with NL is very good, both as a buyer and as a seller. I'm wondering though if something can be done about encouraging sellers to delete sold domains listings from different marketplaces. That's of course not a problem that's specifically related to NL, but since it's a domainer centric platform- this happens with almost all of the domains that I buy. The domain lands, then I see that it's listed in other places and have to email afternic with a screenshot of the domain in my account, email Sedo with a screenshot, then contact Dan.com etc. and even Efty sometimes. It's a hassle.

Requiring sellers to delete listings in marketplaces before a domain is listed isn't a good solution, IMO because not all domains sell and there's always a chance something will sell elsewhere while at NL. But maybe in the email notifying sellers about the sold domain, you could add a request from sellers to remove the sold domain from different marketplaces. Or perhaps there's a better solution to this issue, but I hope it can be somehow addressed since no domainer wants to get stuck with old pricing under somebody else's account and inability to list the domain easily in the popular marketplaces. Thanks for the consideration.

Last edited:
•••
You really need to add a watchlist feature.

It would probably help a lot with sales if people were able to add a domain to their watchlist, then pull the trigger at a price point they are comfortable with.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
You really need to add a watchlist feature.

It would probably help a lot with sales if people were able to add a domain to their watchlist, then pull the trigger at a price point they are comfortable with.

Brad
Apparently it's coming soon in the next update...

•••
Can we list a newly registered domain at Epik to NameLiquidate or the 60 days registrar lock rule still applies?

•••
Can we list a newly registered domain at Epik to NameLiquidate or the 60 days registrar lock rule still applies?
You are not allowed to list newly registered (60 day) names as I understand it. This was changed, so in the past it was done by a few.

•••
Looking for info from any source.

Is there a way to see what names, using the epik system, to find what names I may have active in the nameliquiade platform? I am having trouble locating at tab/search function. Thnx.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back