IT.COM

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch
NameLiquidate.com is a liquidation platform for domainers, registrars, and wholesale buyers of domains. The market was carefully crafted from an idea on Dec. 3rd 2019 - Completed within 30 days, and has been a work-in-progress since.

You can read the origins of this idea and the subsequent discussions that took place between December 3 2019 to March 8 2020.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...m-seeking-input-for-new-epik-project.1166450/

We hope to further develop this liquidation market to help domain investors recover precious capital for other renewals or reinvestments. Our intention is to capitalize on the underutilized and often ignored, expiry stream. Those domains which eventually end up in the hands of big domain houses for resale, with no compensation to the previous registrant/owner.

You will see regular updates and notifications on this thread.

Personal note from @DanSanchez: My original intent was to help expiring domains become more liquid and to pass on the capital back to the original registrant at Epik. Since it's inception, NameLiquidate has evolved into a full liquidation platform for new, expiring, and aged domains. I hope to see participation here, questions and doubts will also be welcomed.

My future goal is to invite more registrars to send their expiry stream through NameLiquidate, compensate their previous registrants, and to foster a cooperative attitude for long-term relationships.

Please contact support here, by DM, or via our support chat at Epik.

NameLiquidate FAQ:

Nameliquidate.com/faq

NameLiquidate API Documentation
https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/Liquidate/liquidateAddDomain

Product Manager @DanSanchez

Twitter: @NameLiquidate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am talking about the 'Domains I'm Selling' page in the NameLiquidate section of my Epik account. I see these headings:
Show attachment 150981

Under the 'Current Bid' column, would I see any bids placed which are under my reserve, or will I only see a bid when it hits the reserve?...
P.S. It's interesting to know. It doesn't matter if I can't see the actual price that is bid (if under my reserve) but it would be interesting to know if any bids at all have been made, just to know that there is some interest...

•••
Has anyone received this error when trying to add domains to NameLiquidate.com? I emailed [email protected] but they may be bogged down and figured maybe someone knows here? The names are not set to expire soon, they are unlocked, and all auth codes were provided. I've added plenty of names back in Jan, sold 3 so I've had no problem at that time. But now, got these errors on every name:

upload_2020-4-13_10-25-28.png

•••
Has anyone received this error when trying to add domains to NameLiquidate.com? I emailed [email protected] but they may be bogged down and figured maybe someone knows here? The names are not set to expire soon, they are unlocked, and all auth codes were provided. I've added plenty of names back in Jan, sold 3 so I've had no problem at that time. But now, got these errors on every name:

Show attachment 150982

I don't know the current state of things now but I know at one point shortly after it launched there were some tlds they did not support for external listings. Not sure if that may be your problem or not @DanSanchez would probably know better.

•••

Show attachment 150982

That error is most often associated with re-listed domains. Sending you a PM now.

Anytime you have issues you can email me directly or PM me here.

•••
Hi Dan - I have a product suggestion. On the marketplace, would be great if you can have a filter for domains which are already registered on Epik and thereby only push is needed to Epik account (as opposed to domains registered outside Epik which need to be transferred and renewed for a year). Thank you in advance!

•••
•••
I see that the default arrangement is ending time but I see some domains are not following this arrangement and are placed some after.

Or maybe the default takes into account price and those with higer reserve price are placed some after?

I think it is not good as many people could only check the ones that are close to end

Last edited:
•••
I see that the default arrangement is ending time but I see some domains are not following this arrangement and are placed some after.

Or maybe the default takes into account price and those with higer reserve price are placed some after?

I think it is not good as many people could only check the ones that are close to end

The default arrangement is by end time, but I'm not seeing what you mean. Can you give me an example of a name that falls in that category?

The next update will include a watching list to facilitate the tracking of names as the go through the liquidation process =)

•••
The default arrangement is by end time, but I'm not seeing what you mean. Can you give me an example of a name that falls in that category?

The next update will include a watching list to facilitate the tracking of names as the go through the liquidation process =)

Thank you. I took an screenshot with a browser with no history search of NL. It seem to mostly follow end time but not for some domains

upload_2020-4-18_15-14-32.png

•••
Thank you. I took an screenshot with a browser with no history search of NL. It seem to mostly follow end time but not for some domains

Show attachment 151565

It looks like its freezing them in place based on the reserve price. So that once it hits its reserve price it won't move up even as the end time approaches.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like its freezing them in place based on the reserve price. So that once it hits its reserve price it won't move up even as the end time approaches.

That's correct. This is part of the new update that is being rolled out. The reserve prices now remain listed until the 7 days are up. Thanks Ryan.

•••
•••

Show attachment 151565
Your screenshot is actually sorted by price, not by end time. Thus you can tell by this that begof.com has a reserve of $69 since it has an earlier end time than some others (as Ryan mentioned).

Last edited:
•••
Your screenshot is actually sorted by price, not by end time. Thus you can tell by this that begof.com has a reserve of $69 since it has an earlier end time than some others (as Ryan mentioned).

Then the default seems to be price. If thats the case, I think It would be better that it be end time (my opinion)

Thank you @NicTraders

•••
Then the default seems to be price. If thats the case, I think It would be better that it be end time (my opinion)

Thank you @NicTraders
Yes. It has changed recently which really had me confused too. Certainly 'time left' seems the logical way for it to be sorted (which is how it used to be). Any reason for this change @DanSanchez ?

•••
Yes. It has changed recently which really had me confused too. Certainly 'time left' seems the logical way for it to be sorted (which is how it used to be). Any reason for this change @DanSanchez ?
@DanSanchez further to this - the up/down arrows to signify which column is sorted in ascending/descending order is right-justified. This means the arrows for the Domain Name column are way over next to the 'Purchase' (price column) and so on. It would make a lot more sense if they were next to the column title to which they actually belong.

•••
I also wanted to share some results. I listed around 20 names a little over a week ago. Only sold 1 during the auction process, however I've sold a further 2 in the following few days from the Bargain Domains section (completed auctions). They were cheapies ($9 reserve), but certainly proof for me that it's well worthwhile leaving those domains listed for a further 7 days (as I'll admit I was wondering if anyone would even check that section)...So, thumbs up from me as I was going to drop both those names... ;)

•••
Hehe, that screenshot caught 3 of my names. Too bad those didn't sold, I guess reserve price too high :P

Edit: One thing I've notice is that the epik premium marketplace now doesn't show newly placed domains on the first page. Currently it shows the same names house.com and others. Is that a new thing?

That would be too bad because newly listed names won't get much exposure.

Last edited:
•••
Any word on this @DanSanchez ? I'm finding the default sort by price to be rather annoying.

@DanSanchez further to this - the up/down arrows to signify which column is sorted in ascending/descending order is right-justified. This means the arrows for the Domain Name column are way over next to the 'Purchase' (price column) and so on. It would make a lot more sense if they were next to the column title to which they actually belong.

•••
Any word on this @DanSanchez ? I'm finding the default sort by price to be rather annoying.

The default sort is by time left before bargain listing. I was only able to experience a slow loading result page if rearranged by price or time. What I suspect you are seeing is the continued listings that have reserves. See the image below:

fc5VGNv.png

BolognaLawFirm, TurinLawFirm, and StudioLegalelondra have $99 reserves. The listings continued with the reserve price as the last price updated. So arranged by price, you see the "time left" jumps from 16 hours to 1:54hrs. Which may be confusing if you are sorting by time too. You would see high prices for domains ending in less than a few hours.

Otherwise I wasn't able to replicate the default order changing. Definitely PM me with some more details if the issue prevails.

On the design input, I agree it needs improvements. The new design is almost ready but I'll make sure the sorting design input is added.

•••
The default sort is by time left before bargain listing. I was only able to experience a slow loading result page if rearranged by price or time. What I suspect you are seeing is the continued listings that have reserves. See the image below:

fc5VGNv.png

BolognaLawFirm, TurinLawFirm, and StudioLegalelondra have $99 reserves. The listings continued with the reserve price as the last price updated. So arranged by price, you see the "time left" jumps from 16 hours to 1:54hrs. Which may be confusing if you are sorting by time too. You would see high prices for domains ending in less than a few hours.

Otherwise I wasn't able to replicate the default order changing. Definitely PM me with some more details if the issue prevails.

On the design input, I agree it needs improvements. The new design is almost ready but I'll make sure the sorting design input is added.
Yes, I understand that if sorted by price then the 'time left' is essentially out of order. What I'm saying is that the default sort method every time I go to the website is now by price, instead of by 'time left'. It used to always be by 'time left' but this changed maybe 5 days or so ago. All I have to do to prove this is refresh the page and it immediately defaults to sort by price as below:

upload_2020-4-22_16-21-11.png

There are no filters set:

upload_2020-4-22_16-22-51.png

@Bob Hawkes you use NL a lot. Are you finding the same?

Last edited:
•••
I see it now, will speak with Aleksey about switching it back.

•••
@DanSanchez and other Epik folks. I'm trying to bid on a particular domain and receive the error below. Not sure if this is an issue with the particular domain, or across the board...

upload_2020-4-30_12-5-47.png

•••
@DanSanchez and other Epik folks. I'm trying to bid on a particular domain and receive the error below. Not sure if this is an issue with the particular domain, or across the board...

Show attachment 152843
Check your PM.

I was able to replicate the bidding error with a name that has a reserve.

Stand by for updates, everyone.

Thank you!

•••
Check your PM.

I was able to replicate the bidding error with a name that has a reserve.
OK, so has there been a change for names with a reserve and it now says there is an error instead of instructing me that the minimum bid amount is $xxx like it used to?...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back