IT.COM

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch
NameLiquidate.com is a liquidation platform for domainers, registrars, and wholesale buyers of domains. The market was carefully crafted from an idea on Dec. 3rd 2019 - Completed within 30 days, and has been a work-in-progress since.

You can read the origins of this idea and the subsequent discussions that took place between December 3 2019 to March 8 2020.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...m-seeking-input-for-new-epik-project.1166450/

We hope to further develop this liquidation market to help domain investors recover precious capital for other renewals or reinvestments. Our intention is to capitalize on the underutilized and often ignored, expiry stream. Those domains which eventually end up in the hands of big domain houses for resale, with no compensation to the previous registrant/owner.

You will see regular updates and notifications on this thread.

Personal note from @DanSanchez: My original intent was to help expiring domains become more liquid and to pass on the capital back to the original registrant at Epik. Since it's inception, NameLiquidate has evolved into a full liquidation platform for new, expiring, and aged domains. I hope to see participation here, questions and doubts will also be welcomed.

My future goal is to invite more registrars to send their expiry stream through NameLiquidate, compensate their previous registrants, and to foster a cooperative attitude for long-term relationships.

Please contact support here, by DM, or via our support chat at Epik.

NameLiquidate FAQ:

Nameliquidate.com/faq

NameLiquidate API Documentation
https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/Liquidate/liquidateAddDomain

Product Manager @DanSanchez

Twitter: @NameLiquidate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FYI, when you buy on NameLiquidate and the name gets transferred to Epik the push option is still getting blocked for 60 days so the only way to push it is by going through support. Not that support isn't great and I don't mind a chat but it'd be nice to get this sorted as NL grows.

We can waive that limit for verified accounts.

What we mainly safeguard against is someone buying a domain with a bad credit card and disappearing with the domain. It happens.

•••
Maybe answered somewhere else, but if you sell a name on NL is there a way to see it in the dashboard? Or is it elsewhere?

•••
Maybe answered somewhere else, but if you sell a name on NL is there a way to see it in the dashboard? Or is it elsewhere?

Not yet, are you having issues with finding which names you sold on NL? Every time a sale happens, you will receive an email notification.

•••
Not yet, are you having issues with finding which names you sold on NL? Every time a sale happens, you will receive an email notification.
Not yet but was curious.

•••
We can waive that limit for verified accounts.

What we mainly safeguard against is someone buying a domain with a bad credit card and disappearing with the domain. It happens.

Thanks for the reasoning as to why it is that way. I'm amazed by your level of engagement everytime!

•••

If I'm not mistaking its also listed in your account payment history or credit overview.

•••
If I'm not mistaking its also listed in your account payment history or credit overview.
Right you are! Inside of Masterbucks account transaction history too.

•••
@DanSanchez
How many Masterbucks are in existence? Does Epik back up these financially or is it its sister company Masterbucks that backs them financially?

•••
@DanSanchez
How many Masterbucks are in existence? Does Epik back up these financially or is it its sister company Masterbucks that backs them financially?

Epik Inc is a registrar owned by Epik Holdings Inc.

As of today Masterbucks is a DBA of Epik Holdings Inc.

Anonymize, Inc, DNEncrypt, Inc and Toki, Inc are all subsidiaries of Epik Holding, Inc.

•••
Found me another bargain a couple of days ago.

O/n/t/w/i/k/k/e/l/a/a/r in king

Meaning developer in Dutch. Not bad for a 19 year old domain and spending just $16 including transfer.

Not sure yet whether I'll keep this one for resale or personal use but there are definitely gems to be found.

•••
@DanSanchez, I added a few today but 2 weren't added and they expire in dic 2020

Last edited:
•••
Found me another bargain a couple of days ago.

O/n/t/w/i/k/k/e/l/a/a/r in king

Meaning developer in Dutch. Not bad for a 19 year old domain and spending just $16 including transfer.

Not sure yet whether I'll keep this one for resale or personal use but there are definitely gems to be found.
This is what I especially like about NameLiquidate. No hugedomains bulk grabbing everything even with a remote sale possibility. And, at least now, little or no competition for non-English terms :)

•••
@DanSanchez, I added a few today but 2 weren't added and they expire in dic 2020

Let me know what they are via PM, please. As long as they are unlocked and you didn't get any errors, they should be live.

•••
Let me know what they are via PM, please. As long as they are unlocked and you didn't get any errors, they should be live.

Thank you, PM sent

•••
So I have a few questions

Can we change reserves once set?

What is the sell through ratio currently / highest sales price achieved as yet ?

Are you doing anything to promote the platform actively outside of Namepros ?

Because if you're promoting it within Namepros itself, then these buyers and sellers are the same people you could buy or sell to by starting an auction on Namepros itself.

I would really like to see this succeed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you, PM sent

Should be working now, try it again when you can.

So I have a few questions

Can we change reserves once set?

What is the sell through ratio currently / highest sales price achieved as yet ?

Are you doing anything to promote the platform actively outside of Namepros ?

Because if you're promoting it within Namepros itself, then these buyers and sellers are the same people you could buy or sell to by starting an auction on Namepros itself.

I would really like to see this succeed.

Thanks.

Reserves can only be added upon submission, engineering is working on a quick fix to make these amenable right now. So, not YET. =D

The underlying marketplace data is still being compiled, I will start sharing this as soon as I can compile enough data to make a comparable performance model. We launched this less than 3 months ago, adding features constantly. Data is our next big focus.

Yes, there is a whole media campaign in the works right now. Pushing featured names, weekly newsletter, and video content for both wholesale markets and retail bulk buyers.

Thank you, I really want to see this platform perform as promised and overdeliver for both buyers and sellers.

•••
I have a lot of headaches when I use epik

so when I want to add a domain to liquidate
( registered at epik )

1) why can't you simply not let me use that feature in the domain management list
if it's not possible for whatever reason to add the domain?

1a) why do I need to fill in a price and hit submit before the system lets me know that I can't add it

2) why can't you give a hint if a domain is already added to liquidate in domain manager?

3) why do you show a feature "remove domain from liquidate" if the domain is not added to liqidate in the first place?

•••
Why the prices of the domains' I listed is getting reduced? Look at saturdayshow and ZZUR... I set them for more than that

•••
Why the prices of the domains' I listed is getting reduced? Look at saturdayshow and ZZUR... I set them for more than that
It is a down-auction, it goes down each hour until it reaches whatever you set the reserve at when you entered the domain name into the NameLiquidate system, or until someone buys it. Of course if no bids it can be taken out of the system.

•••
( registered at epik )

1) why can't you simply not let me use that feature in the domain management list

Under the Marketplace Tab there is a Liquidate button, if I understand correctly what you are asking, Frank. In same place you can remove one already listed in liquidation.

Bob

•••

( registered at epik )

1a) why do I need to fill in a price and hit submit before the system lets me know that I can't add it

2) why can't you give a hint if a domain is already added to liquidate in domain manager?

3) why do you show a feature "remove domain from liquidate" if the domain is not added to liqidate in the first place?

Frank, domaining is stressful enough. Try to relax a little =]

1. You can add domains to NameLiquidate from inside your domain manager, the link is also there to remove them. You can select as many domains as you want with this method to add in bulk.
XghjkhO.png

2. A hint, yes we are working on something that will indicate whether or not the domain is added to NameLiquidate. Right now, I have a few things in queue before that request, but I do agree it is necessary.

3. This was a quick solution, again, part of the list of things we need to work on. Right now we are prioritizing a complete admin backend to improve our data output.

Thanks for using NL, Frank!

The site runs on a dutch auction model, meaning the price decreases hourly until it hits your reserve (which you set manually upon submission) or when the price reaches $9. You can manually remove them inside your account. See below.
XghjkhO.png

•••
Frank, domaining is stressful enough. Try to relax a little =]

1. You can add domains to NameLiquidate from inside your domain manager, the link is also there to remove them. You can select as many domains as you want with this method to add in bulk.
XghjkhO.png

2. A hint, yes we are working on something that will indicate whether or not the domain is added to NameLiquidate. Right now, I have a few things in queue before that request, but I do agree it is necessary.

3. This was a quick solution, again, part of the list of things we need to work on. Right now we are prioritizing a complete admin backend to improve our data output.

Thanks for using NL, Frank!

@DanSanchez

1) maybe you want to be glad that I tried to help you as Epik
- I have spend several minutes of my life only to give you aka Epik ideas for improvement of your business -

2) yes I do know how to use interfaces of the most websites as I do so since 1996
I even was able to manage your aka epiks interface after a while,
just it is imposing a lot of unnecessary difficulties to the fellow domainer using it

3) no I won't charge epik anything for my consulting

relax, Dan

•••
With all respect, Frank, seems you are the only one like this, having headache. Always complaining. While Epik has one of the best interface, processes and support in the industry.

If you just don't like them, for some personal reasons, then maybe just don't use them.

•••
While Epik has one of the best interface.

LOL
you haven't seen many don't you?

and in case you didn't notice
I was giving free feedback
to a company
of which you say I don't like them
in order to help them to improve their process aka interface

I have no other issues with epik
then that I think they have a really messed up interface which is hard to use
and imposes a lot of unnecessary mouse click to their users

my concern only: Rob spamming this forum
not epik as a registrar