Domain Empire

NameDrive -- Domain parking questions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I transferred all of my domains over to NameDrive within the past two days. I will be giving ND a trial with my domains and see how my domains perform there. If anyone has questions about my experience with ND or is thinking about moving to ND, feel free to PM me or reply to this post. I will post updates to this thread with my experiences.

Also, Ed from ND is a member of this forum. He may be a good resource from the ND perspective.

EDIT: if you are thinking about moving to ND based on my posts/advice, I would appreciate it if you could use my affliate # 9962. Or, just click on the link in my signature.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use ND as well. So far, I like it. IMO they have the best looking pages out there.

•••
I just moved over 1/2 my domains to ND and I've noticed significant decrease in revenues compared to TrafficZ.. but then again the TrafficZ is by invite only...

I'm not sure, I'm new to this space and experimenting too, my experience with Sedo is not favorable to say the least....

•••
ND didn't work for me. Had my domains parked there for 2 weeks with almost no results. Went back to Sed, 553 views in a week.

•••
domainsdepot said:
ND didn't work for me. Had my domains parked there for 2 weeks with almost no results. Went back to Sed, 553 views in a week.

What is the revenue diff.? Comparing the 2 services for you?

Just curious.
EM

•••
So far I am getting about 50% more traffic through ND and have at least doubled my revenue. This is only for the first two days, so we will see if things continue.

•••
•••
just moved mine back to TrafficZ I did see the email from NameDrive people in this forum stating their service was hacked and this is maybe why my revenues / clicks were pretty low but i'm not risking it..

at TrafficZ had 1/10th of the domains I parked at NameDrive and my revenue was x4 that of NameDrive....

who knows...

•••
maroulis said:
just moved mine back to TrafficZ I did see the email from NameDrive people in this forum stating their service was hacked and this is maybe why my revenues / clicks were pretty low but i'm not risking it..
Check back at ND to see if your stats have been updated now, and let us know.

Ed. says that we'll be 'compensated' for any losses. Not sure when.
Possibly difficult with your portfolio if it doesn't have an earnings 'history'.

Another post on ND vs. TrafficZ: views, CTR comparison would have been
interesting reading.

•••
axolotl said:
Check back at ND to see if your stats have been updated now, and let us know.

Ed. says that we'll be 'compensated' for any losses. Not sure when.
Possibly difficult with your portfolio if it doesn't have an earnings 'history'.

Another post on ND vs. TrafficZ: views, CTR comparison would have been
interesting reading.
My stats at ND are showing much higher traffic levels than at Sedo. Ed stated that Sedo uses a more conservative way of judging traffic than other services. ND is apparantly in the moderate, but not overly liberal category for judging traffic.

I am on day three of my trial with ND, my traffic levels are about 30% higher and my earnings are about 100-150% higher than with Sedo. For instance, ND is getting me at least 11 cents a click per click with the max at 67 cents, whereas the average with Sedo was 10 and the max 16.

So far so good at ND. We will see if thing continue this way. I will keep everyone updated.

As far as the lost revenue from the days ND was down, I received a personal email from Ed assuring me I would get my back revenue paid to me. He asked that I send him a screen shot of my earnings and he would get things straightened out. To my knowledge, my account has NOT be credited anything yet, but I am going to give Ed and the people at ND a couple more days before I start complaining. After all, their #1 concern is getting their site back up and hacker-proof.

If anyone is thinking about moving over to ND, I would appreciate it if you could PM me and I can send you my affiliate #.

•••
the unfortunate part for me is that I moved from TrafficZ to ND this weekend so I have no statistical revenuehttp://www.namepros.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=967385
Reply from ND as such no compensation....

•••
maroulis said:
the unfortunate part for me is that I moved from TrafficZ to ND this weekend so I have no statistical revenuehttp://www.namepros.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=967385
Reply from ND as such no compensation....
Do you have any way to figure out what your normal daily earnings are? I am sure if you do, Ed will get things figured out for you.

•••
Hi there,

We are currently trying to work out exactly what percentage of clicks got lost on Monday. We were at no point 'down', just very slow. It would seem, taking a sample number of accounts that some clicks were lost, but not all.
Maroulis, I appreciate your problem with testing us on the day we get attacked. If you send me a PM, then I can look into sorting the problem out for you.

Ed

P.S. Please do give us a couple of days to sort this mess out. We are also just getting our payments for last month out, so it's a busy time of month! :)

•••
•••
I just got paid as well. Thats one day earlier than promised. Keep up the good work ND. Time to move more names in your direction.

avp

•••
I like both, but I'm interested to see ND's record of payment over the next few months. Incidentally, ND's clicks/revenue track MUCHO HIGHER than Sedo's,so far.

•••
Day 4 with ND:
I just registered a $1.32 click. Compared to Sedo: earnings are higher so far on poker domains, ~same on tech domains, and slightly lower on credit card domains.

ND is a bit slow to update their system. It takes 48 hours to get the true value of any click with them. To start with, the click registers as 11 cents and then is adjusted either up or down accordingly.

Will keep the updates coming...

•••
fonzie_007 said:
My stats at ND are showing much higher traffic levels than at Sedo. Ed stated that Sedo uses a more conservative way of judging traffic than other services.
Ed's being far too kind to SEDO.
Perhaps his (ex-SEDO) US partner Greg is on a non-disclosure ..

I'm not on a non-disclosure.
I spent over a year parking at SEDO and foolishly accepted their
View stats / CTR / Revenue etc. as being an honest reflection
of the 'traffic-worth' of my portfolio.

Was I a fool ? Oh boy .. was I.
Guilty as charged your honor .... of arrant stupidity !!

Re. the widely-held belief that Sedo are knowingly stealing revenue
whilst hiding behind a TOTALLY non-transparent business model ?

I'm a believer.

And then there's ND ...

When comparing SEDO vs. ND views/clicks/revenue etc. I'm still
stunned at the difference. Hey SEDO !! Who got paid for
those THOUSANDS of clicks that you never reported to me ... ?

Re. ND transparency .. obviously, as Ed. says, they've got to
maintain a competitive edge of secrecy ... but ...
I *LOVE* ND's Geo-location view-source info. etc. etc.

Ed. says there's more coming. Can't wait.

•••
Hi Axolotl,

Thanks for your impartial views...

I also worked at Sedo and am not being 'fair' because of NDAs, simply because I was never aware of anything at the time I was there. I know they were always on the conservative side of counting - possibly to lend their domain sales statistics more credibility, I'm not sure.

The strange thing is that before I came to NamePros, I really had no idea that the views were being counted so disperately across the two systems. We knew we did have more, but not THAT many more! Very strange. Oh well, more cash for you, I suppose :)

By the way, Axolotls rock. Everyone should fully research what they are and what they can achieve!

Ed

•••
Day 5 with ND:

So far things continue to be going well with ND. Traffic levels have consistently been up. If I had to put a percent on it, I would say 20-30%.

My two highest clicks have occured on a poker domain of mine. $1.32 for one click, $.67 for the other. I did register a misely $.02 for a click on a credit card domain though. :( This was the lowest price for a click I have ever had either on Sedo or ND. Overall, traffic is up on ND and revenues are still looking pretty decent.

EDIT: if you are thinking about moving to ND based on my posts/advice, I would appreciate it if you could use my affliate # 9962. Or, just click on the link in my signature.

•••
did not get much traffic from moscom, so I am moving some of my domains from moscom to ND.

I had followed the step 1 2 3, entered all my domains and selected the keywords, but then I could not save the configuration. Emailed to their support, and learned that you need to first register, and then wait 60 mintues until you can entered your name. So don't follow their step 1 2 3, you need to register first.

I have one question about the configuration option "click or portal" which one do you choose or which one is better?

•••
cache said:
did not get much traffic from moscom, so I am moving some of my domains from moscom to ND.

I had followed the step 1 2 3, entered all my domains and selected the keywords, but then I could not save the configuration. Emailed to their support, and learned that you need to first register, and then wait 60 mintues until you can entered your name. So don't follow their step 1 2 3, you need to register first.

I have one question about the configuration option "click or portal" which one do you choose or which one is better?
PM sent.

•••

i also want the answer for this as i am currently parking in ND......as for some comment, ND is better than sedo, at least for me

and what i didnt understand is "if i click for a domain on 15th dec, i would ge the real rate on 17 dec only?
and what happens to the money that i collected before 15th?will it stays the same or will it be recalculated as well?
and this 48 hour apply for everytime someone clicks or just in the beginning of the registration?
please answer
thanks
simon

•••
laser said:
I prefer the 1 click choice, a little "cleaner" look to it. It's just a search page after all,no need to make it too busy. Not sure about the other question, Fonzie?

•••
some of my domain names does not show at ND. For example buyer-and-seller.com, it says page not found, even though the statistics shows views. Emailed to ed for support, will see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back