Dynadot

NameDrive -- Domain parking questions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I transferred all of my domains over to NameDrive within the past two days. I will be giving ND a trial with my domains and see how my domains perform there. If anyone has questions about my experience with ND or is thinking about moving to ND, feel free to PM me or reply to this post. I will post updates to this thread with my experiences.

Also, Ed from ND is a member of this forum. He may be a good resource from the ND perspective.

EDIT: if you are thinking about moving to ND based on my posts/advice, I would appreciate it if you could use my affliate # 9962. Or, just click on the link in my signature.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
laser said:
I have one question about the configuration option "click or portal" which one do you choose or which one is better?

i also want the answer for this as i am currently parking in ND......as for some comment, ND is better than sedo, at least for me

and what i didnt understand is "if i click for a domain on 15th dec, i would ge the real rate on 17 dec only?
and what happens to the money that i collected before 15th?will it stays the same or will it be recalculated as well?
and this 48 hour apply for everytime someone clicks or just in the beginning of the registration?
please answer
thanks
simon
I prefer the 1 click because web surfers only have to click once for you to earn revenue. Whereas, with a portal, you need someone to click twice before you earn revenue.

In regard to your second question, as far as I know all clicks registered initially read 11 cents and then are recalculated. I have no idea why this is. Some of my clicks have been recalculated much higher (even $1.32 for one of them); however, a few of my clicks have been recalculated lower (.02 and .08 cents).

EDIT: I just registered another click for $1.24! It was on a domain dedicated to credit cards. (lineofcredit.cc) .

Last edited:
•••
Day 7 with ND and things are still going well. My traffic levels are still at least 30% higher than at Sedo and my earnings are also doing well. My click through rate is a lower % at ND than with Sedo, but I am not complaining because my earnings are still more than they were at Sedo.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I prefer the 1 click because web surfers only have to click once for you to earn revenue. Whereas, with a portal, you need someone to click twice before you earn revenue.

so here, someone lands in my parking page....he sees like 5 add links...n he chooses to clik the first and later he doesnt do a second click in the first site
n moves to check the second link, n again he is not satisfies with the site content so he doesnt click again either and leavs the site....
Do i still get paid in this or there need to be a second click on ( 1st link n then on the acutal site?) how does it work with NameDrive and Is there like minimum amount of time that someone has to keep the site open withouth closing?
Please someone answer me...i was just wondering why sedo didnt give me as much money as Namedrive is giving...i think these policies are different in Sedo and Namedrive
thanks
SImon

•••
laser said:
fonzie_007 said:

so here, someone lands in my parking page....he sees like 5 add links...n he chooses to clik the first and later he doesnt do a second click in the first site
n moves to check the second link, n again he is not satisfies with the site content so he doesnt click again either and leavs the site....
Do i still get paid in this or there need to be a second click on ( 1st link n then on the acutal site?) how does it work with NameDrive and Is there like minimum amount of time that someone has to keep the site open withouth closing?
Please someone answer me...i was just wondering why sedo didnt give me as much money as Namedrive is giving...i think these policies are different in Sedo and Namedrive
thanks
SImon
PM sent.

•••
thanks Fonzie for the answer.
and probably the last question
"So do we get higher amount of money in Portal system?because they have to click twice?"

•••
laser said:
"So do we get higher amount of money in Portal system?because they have to click twice?"
Pros of portal system: if we don't know what users prefer to see we can offer to them all categories to choose. So, they really can search what they need. This works ok with general names.
Contra: Standard parking page design, user can just close the window. It does not attract too much.

Namedriver,
1) Do you plan to make portal pages in other languages?
2) Can we enter the keywords in other languages with special symbols (german umlauts, french accents, cyrillic letters) ?

Thanks.

•••
thanks

Thanks xtremest for ur answer
Good luck with Namedrive

•••
Sorry for my silence on this. I spent the whole weekend miles away from any internet connection.

Just to clear this up: The portal page is simply a page full of searches and no ads. This is why people need to click twice. The first click is a search. Once this search is made, then the next page is basically a page with ads - i.e. a one-click page.

As a result, you don't get paid any more for portal pages as, although the users click twice, the first one is an un-paid search.

I would say that in the large majority of cases, the one-click page is the best option. Portals are really only worth it if your domain is very general and it would be hard to find one keyword to service all the people going to that domain. For example, if your domain is Search.com, people would be looking for so many different things that it would be very difficult to find one keyword which would encourage everyone to click. If you could give them a page full of searches to click on, it's more likely that the people will interact with the page.

We will soon be offering a Spanish portal as we are getting a lot of Spanish customers. As far as keywords are concerned, I believe umlauts and accents work already, don't they?

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any specific questions about this.

Ed

•••
Ed,
When do you expect the Spanish portal to roll out?

•••
It's being worked on as we speak. We are getting ever more Spanish people, so we're really pushing forward on this.

Hopefully before Christmas or at least before 2006 is upon us as people shoot off home for festivities and forget their important work on the Spanish portal.

Ed

•••
My stats have been frozen for about 5 hrs. Has anyone else noticed this?

avp

•••
avp said:
My stats have been frozen for about 5 hrs. Has anyone else noticed this?

avp
They don't update real time. What for the next system refresh and your stats will be updated.

•••
Question(s) for Ed.

You keep refering to a keyword. Is this what you recommend? I typically use 2 or 3 which often narrows the links to be more related to the domain. I feel this will hopefully result in more clicks.

Is there any way to preview the parking page. I watch the page links change when tweeking my keyword(s) and I want to be sure these accesses aren't being recorded.

BTW I wish I had some higher traffic names. Quite happy with both views, CTR and AvgPPC.

Last edited:
•••
I was getting somewhat frustrated with one of my domain's click through %. (vip.cc) I decided to try a portal instead of a 1-click with it. To my surprise, my previous click through rate of <2% skyrocketed to >21% today. Of course, this stat of 21% is only from today. We will see if the rates stay that high or not.

Traffic continues to be decent on my other domain--way more than it was on Sedo.

Also, I see that ND offers 3 domains to be spotlighted. Does anyone know what that means exactly?

•••
Sorry, a bit to get through here:

Firstly - the stats were frozen for five hours yesterday because we actually experienced exactly the same attack as we were subjected to yesterday. However, we handled it very quickly and effectively - the pages stayed snappy and I hope that nobody really noticed it happened. The only side-effect being that the stats were disabled during the attack to lighten the load on the servers. Everything is showing up normally again now.

Hark - I would generally recommend using one or maximum 2 keywords. I actually answered Ammudamus in a PM on this issue regarding freecars.com yesterday -

You can put more than one keyword, but I would recommend cars in this instance. Bascially, if Google has ads for the exact phrase "free cars", then it is worth putting a two-worded keyword. However, if they don't have ads for that exact phrase, then the 'stronger' keyword will dominate - so you will either only get ads for "free" or for "cars"

This means that if you put 'Free Cars Auto Search', you wouldn't get, say 2 ads for 'free', 2 for 'cars', 2 for 'auto' and 2 for 'search', as Google clearly doesn't have ads for that exact term, you will get ads for the 'strongest' keyword - my guess here would be 'cars'. I would never really use more than one or two keywords.

We will soon have a page preview so you can see the whole page and not only the related searches. Sorry for the delay on this.

Fonzie - Great news about the portal. I have to say, even I'm surprised :)

The spotlight domains thing is something we haven't actually put live yet. We intended to on launch in September, but it hasn't yet materialised. Maybe one day. We are currently cleaning up our homepage, so these will disappear shortly for now.

So near to Christmas ... :)

Ed

•••
Full month update

Have had a group of names here for a bit over a month. Most came from Sedo. I can say the click thru is decent and APC for all but 1 are at least as good with several much much better. Right now it appears I will be only moving 1 or maybe 2 back.

Looking forward to a PP payment in 16 days. :)

•••
All I can really say is WOW! A slight Traffic boost!

•••
I still am pretty happy with ND and am going to stay with them at least for the time being.

•••
No click frustration

What would be considered a decent number of views on a newly reg'd 2 word .ws where the words have OVT of 961914 and 636622. I don't want to give out the name here because last time I did that the views went nuts -- I guess everyone wanted to confirm what I had said.

Both these are nice bid (Overture) terms -- up to 10 bucks . The name as of a few minutes ago has 114 views and zero clicks since Jan. 1. The page shows nice relevant links with the current keywords. I have tried both 1 click and portal.

Any thoughts or is that just 'life in the slow lane'.

•••
ND is really slogging now as the payment date is coming....
In first two days the revenue shot up to 10$..now in last three days with double views and clicks only $1..
strange..
will move to sedo from next month

•••
fonzie_007 said:
So far I am getting about 50% more traffic through ND and have at least doubled my revenue. This is only for the first two days, so we will see if things continue.

Well this makes me laugh. If people are getting traffic rates varying as much as 50% then we should all realize by now that the whole parking business is one great big fraud.

If somebody types in the URl of one of my domains it should take them to the relevant parking page wether it is parked at Sedo.com Namedrive.com or ClickFraud.com and my Parking account should show this traffic accurately.

And seeing as half the appraisals here take traffic into consideration I don't see how this can be an effective way of evaluating a domain name if traffic can swing so much depending on where it is parked.

I SAY WE ARE ALL GETTING SHAFTED!!!!

•••
url forwarding with Namedrive

Hi
i tried parking few names in namedrive through URL forwarding method.
i used www.ndparking.com/domainname.com
where i replaced domainname.com with my Domain.
but it doesnt seem to work for me
any ideas?
is this the right way to forward URLs in Namedrive?
thanks
simon

anyone with the answers?
please post if u know anything

•••
DOMiNIC

This is something that has been contested for ages in the parking industry - when is a unique visitor a unique visitor, what if they click 5 adverts on the page? What am I being paid for? How do I know the views counted on the page are the real numbers of people viewing the page?

I cannot for one second comment on Sedo and whether they count every view and click made. I can only comment on ourselves and how we work with Google. We report exactly the earnings stats which we get from Google and update them every evening. Most people don't like the 48 hour stat delay, but it is the only way that we can show you exactly what is going on in your account.
I can only assure you that the ONLY clicks which we get paid for Google for are the ones that we show in your account. It's not at all that we report one thing to Google and show something else in your member account. So, we gain nothing at all from reducing the number of views on your account. Whether this is the same at all parking companies, I cannot say, but that is the view from this side of the fence.

Laser, let me know your log in and I'll look into why your names aren't resolving.

Ed

•••
Hi Ed,

First, I would like to say that I am very happy with the support I am getting from you and namedrive at this time for links.com. You and your company have been very professional throughout the time I have been with you.

The issue here seems to be the lack of true transparancy. Any domain parker would like to know whether they are being fully credited for the advertising traffic they are encouraging through their domain. Of course, the first question is whether Google itself is being accurate. I do not know if they have auditors that are auditting their reports. My guess is that there are, since the large advertisers would probably insist on some sort of auditted report. But maybe not. Does anyone know for sure.

Then there are the parking domains such as Namedrive and Sedo. Are there auditted reports for these companies? If not, it seems that the only way for a domain owner to validate is to try several different parking domains. While the actual money earned may vary because of payout policies, it would seem that the actual traffic should remain somewhat constant. Click-thrus may vary because of the way the content is displayed.

What is the general view on this subject? Are there enough check and balances, or do domain owners have to just shop around and try out different sites in order to "keep things honest".

Thanks for the terrific support Ed.

Regards,
Rich

•••
Have been researching testing domain parking for along time now and NameDrive definitely is a top choice. There are some other arguments for some competitors for certain domains & cases but you cant really go wrong with ND.

See more arguments at www.DomainParkingGuru.com

Nobody is getting shafted. Sure you can make money than parking - so do that - dont complain about parking...

Parking is Fantastic for what it is!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back