IT.COM

NAMECHEAP - Poor customer service !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

koyn78

Established Member
Impact
Hello to you all, this is what happend to me before couple days :

I buy many domains ( above 200 ) in many registers, one of them is namecheap, so i've used my credit card, try to buy, but my credit has not have funds, so i switch to my second credit card, but namecheap not accpet this particular card, i regular pay by paypal, but lastweek i disconnect my regular card from paypal, then connect it back.

Anyway...i'got a e-mail from one guy from risk managment, saying your account locked until we verfied...ok..no problem.

NOW, they BRAG about their 24/7 all department...mmm...ok...

they want me to send id + phone, so i send. WITHOUT BLANK ALL MY ID DETAILED. after 3 hours i've got e-mail..."sorry...upload with big resolution"...ok...so i set my driver licence with 300 X 300 DPI, upload again, this time with my id detailed blanked.

now...14 hours pass...and NO ONE got me back, even chat live says "we set high level for your ticket"...nobody return me.

Now, i ask you guys, if they lock my account, how can i get my domains back ? can i talk to the icann ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also i have their domains related to my active websites, what can i do ?

•••
Sit tight. Your account will be unlock soon. it's not a big issue. you will not lose your domains when you have provided them correct identity. They usually take long on verification process but i hope within next 48 hours you will get reply.

•••
After losing income, i contact a lawyer, after this i contact namecheap ( 10 times) via live chat, they repeat the same song : "they will look to your ticket soon"..."this is risk managment, and they will review soon"...same same same...i told her ( via live chat ), that i'm going to take legal action, i don't have a choice, i can't lose income again. she repeated the same song...after 10 min...i got e-mail, "your account unlock"...

So...what is this ? This is how you treat your customers ?

I understand they need to verified and all that, BUT HEY, i send you my id ( EVEN WITH MY DETAILED UNHIDE ), and my phone number, telling you, you can contact me all day long, contact you via live chat many time...AND YOU DON'T GIVE A F*** ?

Sorry...i don't buy it. never forgive and forget this. sorry.

YOU SELL A SERVICE ! NOT A PRODUCT NAMECHAEP !!!

Cause if you sell ONLY a product ( domain register ) What is the difference between you and the other companies ?!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back