NameLot

NameCheap.com

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by NameVisual, Feb 14, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. NameVisual

NameVisual Established Member

Actually I did admit my mistakes. However, the mistake was caused by Namecheaps mistake of not abiding by the law and FCC regulations.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NameVisual

Yes the FTC. They do regulate the internet and have regulations for websites and online advertising. And yes I have had my own businesses but I always wanted my customers to be happy so I have never had one single chargeback. I also had a carpet cleaning company with thousands of satisfied customers and no chargebacks. Not one. Yes, occasionally had a complaint but I made it right so the customer would be satisfied.

3. NameVisual

I already posted a link to their online regulations for websites and advertising.

4. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Owner VIP

You didn't answer Stub...
    Which laws are in question here??
    Which FTC laws were broken, specifically??

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  5. NameVisual

6. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

So your mistake was based upon NameCheap not following FCC regulations? (I don't think so). I think they got most of the other legal situations covered though. So can you please post the FCC regulation they didn't follow?

7. NameVisual

8. anantj

anantj Top Contributor VIP

With so many laws broken, one would think you'd already consulted a lawyer (or are one) and have filed a suit in a court of law against Namecheap. You case appears (as per your statement) watertight.

If you haven't initiated legal action, why not? Seriously asking. You keep saying they have broken multiple laws (this comment above itself states so) so this should be an easy case to win (incl. damages for emotional distress, loss of business and other charges). So it'll not even cost you out of your pocket

9. NameVisual

Actually they are disregarding the FTC regulations.

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/f...nternet-advertising/0005dotcomstaffreport.pdf

The regulations are in there for you to read, laws passed by our lawmakers., Congress and Senate. If you still have issues with it, I recommend that you call your Congressman and Senator and ask them to change the laws. There is nothing more to say here. I didn't pass these laws and regulations, our government did so what do you want from me? What is your purpose to challenge Federal law, not challenge me but you are now challenging FTC laws and regulations. I don't know what else to tell you.

10. NameVisual

You're assuming things as others here have. If I am doing that, I'm not going to lay all my cards on the table for Namecheap to see.

11. anantj

Oh, I did not know you can file a "Stealth" lawsuit and not have the plaintiff find out about it. And if you did file a lawsuit, you should actually publicise it so that other users who've been stiffed by NC can join in to make it a class action! Duh

12. NameVisual

What makes you think I have filed one already? There have been so many assumption in this thread it's ridiculous.

13. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Owner VIP

:joyful::playful::facepalm::xf.sick:>:(:xf.eek:O_o:xf.rolleyes:

Please point out a SPECIFIC law or regulation that was broken or "disregarded."
    If you don't I will consider you to be a TROLL.

14. NameVisual

Do you know what a troll actually is? The only one close to being a troll here is you, with all due respect. Thank you!

15. NameVisual

Actually the link is to ftc.gov, the official FTC website, thank you though. The specific laws and regulations are in that official FCT file if you want to actually read it instead of asking someone else and then challenging them. Try to educate yourself on a subject before challenging someone else. Now I have even provided you the link to the FTC website which you have called "spammy".

16. anantj

Your phrasing and wording. That said, would you mind linking to the suit? I'd like to follow please

17. NameVisual

Again, what makes you think there is one filed yet?

Exactly what is your goal here and what outcome are you hoping to get by challenging my knowledge? I provided a link to the FTC website and the the government file, which you can download and study, if you wish too. It may be a good idea if you do since you have a business of your own.

18. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

These look much more like guidelines than rules. It's even posted in a Guideline folder (see URL). I haven't read the whole document. But I think NameCheap would claim they have complied with everything in III). Or is it somewhere else in that document I should be reading? Please post the online Ad which doesn't follow these guidelines. Remember. We are talking about an Ad here. Not a snippet of a web page.

Let me post one https://www.namecheap.com/security/whoisguard.aspx This link is posted on NameCheap's Home Page. I would say this is enough to allay any worries from the FTC coming a-calling.

19. anantj

I am challenging your know because I think your interpretation of the "laws" are wrong and I'd like to see how they hold up in a court of law. I'm calling you out because of the entirety of the thread you've been claiming that NC broke the law but you haven not taken any legal action against them. This indicates that you do not have the confidence in your own words and they are nothing but just hot air and bluster.

I'm actually going to say it - your interpretation of the various laws that you claim to have been broken is incorrect and completely misguided. I challenge you to prove me wrong and not just in your own words but either through legal action against NC or through a statement by a legal rep. And I can say with certainty that both will not be happening because you have NO case. All you have is crying and bluster with no substance to back it up.

Oh and on the FTC link that you shared is for online advertising. The checkout page is NOT advertising.
    This link (https://www.namecheap.com/security/whoisguard.aspx) is potentially advertising and on that page, namecheap very very clearly states that first year is free. Which pretty much complies with the FTC regulations around online advertising.

20. NameVisual

The regulations actually do apply to websites also. If you actually take some time to read it, you will see for yourself. Let me know if you read it and if you still can't understand it, let me know and I will do my best to try to help you grasp and understand the whole concept of Federal laws and regulations and why it's important for everyone to follow them, respectfully.

21. anantj

We replied similarly. However, one difference is that the FTC guidelines posted above do not apply to the cart/checkout page in this instance

22. anantj

lol... Ironic because you don't understand the laws yourself

23. NameVisual

It's like talking to a 10 year old. You really should take the time to read it and hopefully you will understand the regulations a little more clearly. I don't know what else to tell you.

24. NameVisual

Ironice you say that since you haven't even read the regulations but here you are, challenging someone who has. Why don't you call your congressman and and ask them to educate you because I don't have the time to teach you everything. You simply just have to research and read like I have.

25. anantj

Actually you should do that. You're the one who's being petulant and going na na na na. Not gonna listen to you. It's my way only and everyone else in the world is wrong. I am right irrespective of the fact that I'm wrong

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice