IT.COM

Namecheap.com showing registered domains as available for purchase

NameSilo
Watch

Yaruq

Impact
I found a really attractive domain name and immediately decided to buy it on Namecheap.com. However when I placed my order, I got this message: "Your credit card was not approved two times in succession. You have just one more chance to try, if it fails your account will be locked. More Info:Payment method was declined."

The guy on their helpline suggested these 5 steps:
1) Try to make a deposit to your Namecheap funds with your card and use this money to pay.
2) Try to use another browser, clear the cache and disable the addons/extensions/plugins that may affect the payment.
3) Make sure there are no limits on internet payments set on your card.
4) Try to remove your card and then add it again to your account.
5) Make sure that your actions are not blocked by a firewall.

I asked the guy: "Is it possible that the domain is actually not available but it is being shown available on Namecheap due to some glitch?" and told him the domain name.

As expected, I got this response: "Yes, you were right. The domain name is not available unfortunately. It was shown available due to a glitch in our system. Thank you for noticing.

Can someone recommend alternate registrars?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think namecheap has come to lose their credibility..... That is how I registered a name that is not available. And my card was charge.... Later I now discovered that the name is not available.....

•••
I contact their support team thru chat and I was told that the name is not available... And that it is a mistake in their own side....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back